OPI Windy City Pretty

on 5/8/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Love this nail polish! It's such cool blueberry smoothie color!!! I love it one coat (light purple, little muddy as someone mentioned) but it was little uneaven, so I used another coat. With two coats the color is deeper purple, but still muddy and glossy.
I was drinking a blueberry smoothie later and noticed that this nail polish is the same color as my smoothie, really fun color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is "nice",
It is a muddy, violet pink. In the bottle you can see some red/pink shimmer - but when on the nails the shimmer is only (barely) visible in direct bright sunlight.

2 coats provided a good coverage but 3 best for glossy finish.

I dont think I would buy this again - I probably wont need to as I may wear it from time to time but cant see me reaching for the bottle too much.

on 10/27/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this color is discontinued :-(

It is a very unusual pink with a hint of mocha...I could see it not working for some skin tones but it works for me and it is my favorite pink for Fall. It was a part of OPI's Chicago Collection a few years back but it is now nowhere to be found. I find it very difficult to find a suitable Pink for Fall, the majority of Pinks that I see from both Essie and OPI are very spring and summery looking and seem way too light for this time of year so I will stick with my gothy darks (Mrs. O'Leary's barbeque & Lincoln Park) until Spring. Oh well!

on 7/31/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im fairly impartial about this colour. The only reason I still use it to be completely honest is because my husband loves it....That is the ONLY reason :-)
I dont love it, I dont hate it. It is what it is & it doesn't make my heart skip a beat like OPI 'atomic orange' or 'russian navy'.

on 4/15/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The shimmer in the bottle is virtually invisible on the nail...guess it's just there to add depth. I am very cool toned and this color just seemed very blah to me. Nothing to write home about.

on 8/11/2008 2:11:00 AM

This is one color I don't mind using on my toes AND hands...Its simple enough that I can wear it instead of the usual french. It is kinda blah, maybe a more wintery color than summer when you want cute bright colors on your feet!

on 4/6/2008 4:43:00 AM

It's a very very pretty shade of purplish pink. Complements my yellow-toned fair Asian skin. Looks really nice when I'm wearing pink or white peeptoes / sandals. Great wear on my toes (2 coats) without chipping for at least 2 weeks (with topcoat).

on 2/8/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've medium skin tone (SE Asian, not yellow) and this color is much better than French or pale, even famous Dulce de Leche. I guess this is good for darker skin tones? Anyway, as most OPI polishes, this one lasted over a week without chips or peels when I use with OPI base and top coats in normal use (i.e. not removing staples with my finger nails). I do cook, wash , etc.. I see sparkles only in the sunlight or under the direct light. I just applied during TV commercials (while watching L&O SVU and applied each coat during commercial breaks).
Similar colors from light to dark:
Dulce de Leche
Windy City Pretty
Not So Bora-Bora-ing Pink
Pic:
Full Size Image

on 1/17/2008 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree with the reviewers below that this is a pretty polish that lacks a wow factor. It goes on extremely well; this is a very pigmented polish. It's been several years since I'd purchased an OPI product, and now they are ridiculously expensive around here at $8.50 a bottle, which is mainly why I don't think I'll repurchase, or at least if I do I'll order online. Anyway, in my mind this is somewhere between mauve and a muted fuschia, which tends more toward purple than your average mauve. I do see a very subtle shimmer in this, but I completely agree w other reviewers that the shimmer is much more obvious in the bottle, and that once you get it on it is definitely more of a creme; it's hard to notice the shimmer unless you're in direct sunlight or have a really bright light shining on it and then you can see a very very fine shimmer that's more or less the same color as the polish, maybe slightly warmer. It's a pretty and very wearable color, but I think I will probably experiment with trying different sheer/shimmery colors over the top to make this a little more fun.

on 7/4/2007 5:28:00 PM

This is as others have said a subtle yet opaque rose colour that is classy and restrained enough for the office whilst being a step away from the french or sheer look. Good wear and a nice brush too!

Popular Polishes