Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

3.6

OCTINOXATE 7.50%; OCTISALATE 5.00%; AVOBENZONE 2.00%; WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; PETROLATUM; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; DI-C12-15 ALKYL FUMARATE; CETYL RICINOLEATE; DIMETHICONE; OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE; STEARETH-2; STEARETH-21; BEHENYL ALCOHOL; PENTYLENE GLYCOL; STEARYL ALCOHOL; ASPALATHUS LINEARIS (RED TEA) LEAF; EXTRACT; CAMELLIA SINENSIS (WHITE TEA) LEAF EXTRACT; COFFEA ARABICA; (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT; POLYGONUM CUSPIDATUM ROOT EXTRACT; TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT; BETULA ALBA (BIRCH) BARK EXTRACT; LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT; HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT; SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT; ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT; VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL; MANGANESE CHLORIDE; CHOLESTEROL; PHOSPHOLIPIDS; MALTODEXTRIN; ASCORBYL TOCOPHERYL MALEATE; CYCLODEXTRIN; SODIUM HYALURONATE; TREHALOSE; NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID; PALMITOYL HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM; AMYLOPECTIN/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER; PANTETHINE; LINOLENIC ACID; ORYZANOL; LECITHIN; LINOLEIC ACID; GLYCERIN; SODIUM PCA; UREA; SUCROSE; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE; BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER); POLYETHYLENE; SQUALANE; CYCLOPENTASILOXANE; HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE; LAURYL LAURATE; CETYL PALMITATE; SODIUM CARBOMER; PVP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER; POLYQUATERNIUM-51; TROMETHAMINE; CARBOMER; FRAGRANCE (PARFUM); LINALOOL; BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL; HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE; BENZYL SALICYLATE; DISODIUM EDTA; BENZYL ALCOHOL; POTASSIUM SORBATE; BENZOIC ACID; CHLORPHENESIN; PHENOXYETHANOL; METHYLPARABEN; ETHYLPARABEN; PROPYLPARABEN; BUTYLPARABEN; ISOBUTYLPARABEN; ISOPROPYLPARABEN; YELLOW 5 (CI 19140); BLUE 1 (CI 42090); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI77289)

What a shame this is in jar packaging. I admit it is elegant in it's beautiful jar but from what I've read jar packaging degrades all those very important anti-ageing ingredients!

I've resorted to buying the one in the pump, the Daywear Lotion.

The texture is beautiful, both textures are greaseless so ignore the one for dry one for oily advertisement, I will still continue to purchase this product as a guilty pleasure. I know jar packaging isn't good but if I had to choose one jar packaged skin care product this would be it.

Contains reliable UVA/UVB protection and a good long list of skin care ingredients.
Looks lovely on my vanity, the only luxury day cream I will ever buy.

absolutely wonderful under foundation

on 12/15/2014 3:06:00 PM

Been using this for a few months now. I used to think it was the best until I tried other products. For me, it was a good summer moisturizer as my skin isn't as dry but with the winter months it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I needed to buy something more moisturizing. Overall a good product, not too heavy or oily, does moisturize but just wasn't enough for me with the winter months.

on 12/15/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Lovely feeling cream--at first it left my skin comfortably moisturized and not oily all day long, Then the itching and rash started after 2 weeks. Before that I noticed increasing redness. All signs of irritation which sets up a collagen destroying inflammation within the skin which defeats the purpose. I strongly suspect the fragrance.

Potential irriatation makes this a problem for me and possibly others with sensitive rosacean skin.

I had to toss it, not before looking into buying a full size jar. This was a gwp I got along with a favourite lipstick Rosa Rosa, and a compact of Lucidity pressed powder that I buy over and over. Canadian $ 55 for the full size jar~but the jar packaging destroys any good antioxidents as soon as it's exposed to air, so soon after opening all the expensive goodness in this lovely little day cream is gone. I give it a 1 for packaging.

I really liked the ingredient list (other than the fragrance) and the initial feel was great. I'd have probably popped the full price IF it had continued to work.

Price is horrific though. I would suggest anyone wanting a better cheaper alternative to look at the Olay Complete sensitive skin spf lotion in the pump at 1/3 the price. With that you get an impressive amount of antioxidents, a good complete spf in a 30 if I remember correctly. And the pump keeps the air away from the antioxidents so they stay good to the end.

Bottom line, save your money. Estee L has some lovely stuff, and this just isn't one of them.

on 12/8/2014 5:24:00 PM

I've had this cream on rotation for over a year now and since I find it fairly heavy I only really use it in winter. It has helped resolve a couple of intensely dry patches in the past, but upon recently using it again for the past fortnight it has caused the biggest number of breakouts since I was 16!! I am now left with numerous stubborn papules in every region of my face and suspect it's to do with the ingredients (as some have already mentioned). Will not make the mistake of buying this again.

on 10/21/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really nice product. My skin is normal to dry and I bought the one for normal/combo skin. Excellent for the winter time, moisturised my skin in depth without leaving it greasy. I tried it also in the summer and it didn't work so well. Love the smell!!

on 9/18/2014 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

my skin has never been that bad but I used to get breakouts every so often on my t zone and then really dry on my cheeks, this product has helped my skin so much! I started using this about a year ago and I cannot fault it, its amazing! I love the cucumber smell and its really comfortable on the skin. it is a little pricy but it Is worth every penny!!

on 9/16/2014 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received a small size of this daytime moisturizer as part of a gwp. It's for normal/combination skin so I was surprised that it's moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It's a very pale green and has a slight cucumber fragrance. It's too bad that Estee Lauder is still packaging its creams in jars.

on 8/2/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What an average product. The price is ridiculous for what you get. I had a sample of this and liked it, it didnt really do anything special but it provided moisture, didn't cause redness or breakouts, and had a nice texture. For some reason, I thought it was around 30/40 bucks, so I was considering buying it because the Chanel products I really love are crazy expensive and I didn't want to shell out the money (they really do make a huge difference though). Well this stuff is like $65!! Craziness. Don't get me wrong, I have no aversion to expensive products if they make a difference in my skin, but this is just so mediocre, a really basic moisturizer. At that price, I'll just save a few extra dollars and get my Chanel, the good stuff. This is something you could easily replace with a much cheaper product, don't waste your money.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this product, it just may be my holy grail daytime moisturizer. The cucumber scent is refreshing. SPF 15, rich in anti-oxidants. I've been repurchasing this for a year now,

Popular Moisturizers