September 23, 2014 | 2096 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Pastel Lumiere pearl eyeshadow Beige Rose 08

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by missgray10

I really like this eyeshadow - its very sheeny satin finish rather than sparkly and tacky looking. You can use it as a standard eyeshadow or under brow or as a cheekbone highlighter. It looks more cream/nude than 'rose' so i'm not sure where that name came from. If you wet your brush you can also pick up the product and make it look more intense as an eyeliner. Pretty good staying power. I aways have this in my makeup bag - a bit of a staple. Like the packaging although I always seem to loose the brushes for bourg makeup. I like how there is a small mirror inside the eyeshadow and it shuts with the help of a magnetic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

I really enjoy using this eyeshadow, it's very versatile. I can use it all over the lid, inner corner, or as a brownbone highlight. It's a beautiful light cream color with a satin finish. It doesn't show up on my eyelids well by itself, needs a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a butter smooth eyeshadow! The color is neutral with a hint of shimmer. Great for highlight or as a lid colour. Easy to blend as well.

The packaging is cute, a little unsteady but it's fine for a drugstore product. Love that is a mirror big plus.

It is a really lovely product but i wouldn't buy it again because i have tons of palettes with the same kind of colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

A good highlighter or base shadow. The texture is smooth but not creamy because it's baked. It's shimmery in a very subtle way that means you could wear this every day. I first used this years ago when I was younger and didn't know much about make up. I would put a bit on my lid for a brightening effect. I now mostly use it in the inner corner of my eye and brow bone. I've even used it as a check highlighter when I couldn't find mine. Overall a lovely shadow that's comes in the cutest packaging.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Only reason i wouldnt repurchase is because i got this as a gift from bourjois paris, and i have tons of other eyeshadows that i still didnt try out. Lets get to the review: Beautiful colour, texture is silky and smooth. You can use it dry/wet, BUT i dont suggest you use it wet all over the product, because the surface might become hard after. So use one half side for wet use, and the other for when you wanna use it dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product & colour rights all the wrongs in this world of ours!!
Honestly, its the most perfect piece of makeup I own....
The colour is a creamy, neutral with a slight shimmer that can be used alone or as a base or subtle highlighter.
PERFECT
Application is easy, smooth & trouble-free.
Of all the Bourjois colours, this is definitely on top of my list of must-haves.
Excellent, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Suzyace

Can't begin to tell you how many times I've gone back to this. Beautiful silky application, a great all over base colour. Even after a big night, one sweep of this over your lids makes you look human again. Love love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This must be my favourite single eyeshadow ever!

PROS:
- The colour is a beautiful creamy beige, almost the colour of my skin (NC10-15), minus the shimmer of course. The shimmer is lovely and not glittery at all. Perfect base colour for an everyday look and it looks amazing as an inner corner highlight.
- It goes on nicely and it's easy to blend. I have no problem picking this up with a brush at all.
- I LOVE using this wet. You can easily use it dry after, because it's a baked eyeshadow. The colour comes out much more intense, it so so pretty!
- I also use this as a face highlighter. It looks lovely on my cheeks and cupids bow.

CONS:
-The packaging is cute, but it's bit bulky. I wish I could depot these and put them in a palette.

VERDICT:
Love this eyeshadow, I use it almost every day. The colour is beautiful and so versatile. Would definitely repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by thatbub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite base eye color. Very silky, smooth, neat and have very subtle lustre. The color is as the name describes: beige rose. Very good for a base or simply just use it to brighten your eyelids. Some other Bourjois single eyeshadow is not this silky. This one is a gem. I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by risababy

This eyeshadow has won a permanent place in both my makeup bag and my heart. I adore champagne colours and this is a true pearly, light champagne colour. It is right in between metallic and shimmery, so it reflects light without being obvious. It's not foil-like as it can be with some metallic eyeshadows and it isn't disco ball-ish like shimmery ones. It's really subtle, like I'm hardly wearing any eye colour at all but brings light and life to my eyes at the same time. It harmonizes so beautifully with my skin (NC-15). It's especially gorgeous with incandescent lighting. My sisters asks me all the time what I'm wearing and I always tell them it is this one.

It is baked really hard, so I use a soft sponge applicator (not the one it came with, but that one works fine too - I just lost it). It applies beautifully. Don't use a brush, it will be useless as the brush won't be able to pick up anything.

The packaging is nice. I had no trouble opening it at all and it came with a mirror inside. A plus to having it baked so hard is that it never shatters when I drop it.

My eyelids are oily, so it does crease on my inner eyelids, but I attribute that to my eyelids, not this eyeshadow. It also works extremely well as a highlighter for your cheeks or nose. When I wear other eye colours (which is usually unlikely because I love this one so much), I will either blend it with a darker colour in my crease or wear it as a base. I feel like I can't go out without it because it makes me look so good and natural!

It was very expensive though - $17 CAD for one eyeshadow pot at Shopper's Drug Mart. But it has last me for two years now and still going strong. It is flat and no longer a rounded dome because I use it so often, but there's plenty left for still another year, I'm sure. So the price can be justified. You get what you pay for and I will definitely repurchase!

EDIT:
My sister asked me again today what eyeshadow I was wearing! I'm pretty sure you can guess which one, but it just goes to show ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No