January 31, 2015 | 1449 users online

Polishes - OPI - Significant Other Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Albimarti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually already bought one yesterday :) this is such a playful colour! Does not look nice on my short nails against my pale skin, but when it gets long, ohhh...! I just stare and look at my nails for long to see all the shades of it. Beautiful! Needs 3 coats, little sheer.. It can get streaky, but try matte top coat and then seche vite on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

@Gofaster719 medium skin is nowhere near dark skin. If you look at models also on makeup posters/magazines. the light/fair medium all look the same in complexions. Sandra bullock/kim k/megan fox/catherine zeta jones has been described as medium..does that mean they are similar to alek wek and lupita? no! please stop grouping skin complexions together!
medium is pretty fair. ESPECIALLY in the cosmetic world,majority of white women(eurpean,middle eastern/arab,latina,asian) are and use medium shades. White/fair skinned black women use medium. So please dont lump medium in the same category as "Dark"
and a person doesnt need to be blonde and blue eyed to be "fair"

ANYWHO!!!

this is a duochrome color. So that means you can wear it as is or you can layer it over another color. Another user suggested OPI "do you lilac it". A light lilac purple. You can also go for sally hansen's lilac lace!! it looks gorgeous!
if you want a dark base, it would look AMAAAZING over OPI "want to bite your neck"
and OPI "ANTI BLEACK" as shown in this photo:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Gafoster719

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love SOC for all the reasons many people seem to not care for it. It is indeed sheer. However, I have olive and gold tones to my skin tone. As a result, the green/gold tones enhance my hands. Matter of fact, I'm not a lilac fan. However, the lilac gives a nice complimentary touch to the overall nail glow.

I found it at a nail salon and looked all summer for it. I asked at a local cosmetic store. At the time, they said they were out of it. I returned to the store a few weeks later and discovered it. I bought two bottles out of fear that it might be discontinued. I believe the sheerness of the color looks great on medium to olive skin tones and not necessarily for fairer skin.

It's subtle. I tend to be conservative with my approach to nail color. I'm from the old school. I am not into neons and nail colors like navy blue or chartreuse. The only glitter I like is on a poster board. I will experiment with the color over some nude shades. However, alone with only 2 coats is perfect for me. Bravo OPI!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this polish up when a local beauty supplier was closing out, paid $3.(us) for it. It is not very pigmented but I have very pale skin and 2 coats gives me a beautiful shimmery, opalescent rose gold. I love it! Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is so unique and I love that it looks different with different lighting. It's a light purple with a greenish gold shift. It's very sheer, so multiple coats (at least 3) will be needed if you want to see more of the color. Oddly, it doesn't really chip right away even with more coats (though around day 5 it will start to chip). This color tends to dry faster than some of OPI opaque colors. I've already repurchased and will continue to do so whenever I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is a pale purple pearl color. It's very pretty but it is almost nude-like and I was hoping for something a bit more purple. It is perfect if you want a hint of color and it seems like something you would get for a wedding but I did not notice much purple at all when it is on your nails.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by NuttyGrrl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was on the hunt for a pearl/abalone/opal-like color and when I saw the lilac tone of this shade I was sold. I like Opi products in general and this nail color lasts like the other Opi lacquers I have (i get about 3 days with base & top coat before the tips begin to chip). It is a pretty color in the bottle, I just wish it would look that way on application. However, when I put this on (over a clear base coat), it's looks peachy/gold with greenish hues in my home lighting and office lighting. When in sunlight I do see a bit of mauve but the color on looks nothing like the shade in the bottle. It is pretty but just not the shade I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by NLLindley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my "go to" polish when I know I'm coming into a big week at work, will be using my hands a lot, and don't want people noticing chipped nails. It's so frosty that a little tip wear can't be seen. With a couple coats, my nails just look well-groomed, but they don't draw attention, unless someone really notices and comments how the polish has two different colors (love those gay friends!)

Plus, it's so easy to apply that I can do a manicure myself, even with bad eyesigh and lighting and skip the weekly trip to the nail salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jessicarose42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Recently bought this after debating about it for a VERY LONG time, I dont know what took me so long! I am in LOVE with this polish.
On its own it takes about three/four coats to look like it does in the bottle so instead I apply two coats of it over a pastel purple (Planks a Lot) and it creates the colour in the bottle.
I always recieve compliments when wearing it, it makes me feel so girly, even my mum borrows it!
Will 100% buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whether you'll love this polish seems to come down to how much you like semi-sheer polishes. I happen to prefer semi-sheer polishes over opaque ones, and I find this polish to be an eye-catching and versatile sheer duochrome with an easy-to-apply texture.

The reviewers here have described SOC's color in all different ways! So here's my take on it. It has a midtone lilac base, with a startling, microshimmer flash that's yellowish green from some angles, and bronze from others. I have light, cool-olive skin (ie, neutral with green undertones), and pure yellow-green or bronze polish would look awful on me. When a color looks wrong on me, it looks REALLY wrong. However, since this polish bases its warm flash in a cool purple, it looks a-okay against my skin! In fact, I suspect this polish would complement a variety of skin undertones.

And this polish isn't simply flattering. It just plain looks special, too. It takes three shades that seem like they would clash, and somehow melds them together beautifully. I don't know whether there's a dupe out there. But even if there is, this color combination is still unusual and unexpected.

SOC has a thin texture that applies very evenly. It's easy to keep away from skin and cuticles, and it's also easy to remove -- it doesn't leave microshimmer embedded in your nails. And as long as the brushstrokes face the same direction, they're not visible -- very unusual for this kind of finish.

This polish can be worn in a variety of looks. Worn in a single layer by itself, the purple base is hardly visible: you get a brilliant duochrome flash against your natural nail color. Three layers make the base noticeable, but allows the boundary between quick and white to show through. (That's the look I like best.) Opacity is achieved with five layers of this easy-to-apply polish. But it's easier to reach the bottle shade by layering it over an opaque purple that's similar to the base color. Similarly, it's fun to experiment with layering this polish over other opaque colors. It looks great over black of course, and I bet it would also look interesting over rich brown, royal blue, or emerald green.

Even if you dislike the sheer or semi-sheer look, this is still great for adding duochrome depth to opaque polishes. And for me at least, the unusual color combination and electrifying flash make this polish a must have. continued >>