OPI Purple with a Purpose

4.6

on 8/29/2013 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Finding myself in need of a new purple nail polish, I sought out my favorite brand, OPI. I am very pleased to say that this does the trick for me! The color is a tad lighter than I had been looking for, but it's so pretty that I don't mind. It requires more than one layer, but two works just fine for me. It dries very quickly and I haven't had any problems chipping. The price is also quite cheap, which makes this a very good find!

on 1/11/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do agree with other commenters, you do need three coats to get it fully opac! But the colour is beautiful and not too dark or light, I have been looking for a colour like this for a while, now that I finally got it I love it. I bought OPI's other colour No Room For The Blues and Purple With A Purpose together for $25, which is two for the price of one in Australia, and I don't regret anything.

on 5/23/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a shiny purple polish. I bought it because it's a medium shade of purple and I have a hard time finding a colour like this (they're usually quite dark or very light).
My biggest complaint about this polish was how it went on. Went on super streaky, and needs three coats. I thought I could get away with two, but I regret not putting a third on because there's still so many streaks.
It is a gorgeous colour once it's on though.

on 4/18/2012 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Oh. My. God. This color is simply phenomenal. I finished painting my nails an hour ago and I can't stop staring at them. Beautiful medium purple and applies like a dream. The formula isn't runny nor thick, it's just right and I reached full opacity in 2 good coats. Can't comment on wear just yet, but if it's an issue I will update. Definitely one of my top 5 colors.

on 3/9/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous shade and my first OPI polish too! This is one of those shades where what you see is what you get, the color stays true to what you see on the bottle and is a beautiful purple (with just a hint of shimmer). It's dark enough to be worn on a night out but even light enough for daytime wear.The consistency is just right although a little on the thicker side. Stays put for quite a while. Would definitely recommend this shade if you're looking for a darkish purple color!

on 9/18/2011 8:11:00 PM

love this purple polish! OPI polish is always on the expensive side for a cheapo like me, but the finish is worth the splurge :)

on 8/21/2011 1:44:00 PM

Pros:
-colour
-nice brush
-last long with top coat
-nice shimmer

Cons:
-not really good pigmented, 3 coats for opaque colour- 3coats=doesnt last long
-too big bottle which also means too expensive (I never ended a bottle)

I wouldnt buy this again, I prefer to buy Dior or YSL for price of 2 OPI, just not worth it

on 8/21/2011 12:33:00 PM

Girls, this is such an awesome purple color!
The pigmentation is just right.....with a good base coat, I only need 2 coats for pure perfection.

On my screen, this color is represented perfectly by the bottle picture above!!! Yay!

I really do not understand why this one does not get much attention!

In comparison, this is what I wanted "Catherine The Grape" to be.
It seemed all the swatches online gave CTG a deep purple(which it is) with a slight lavender depth(which it didn't) in the purple. It turned out that CTG was actually more of a muted/darker purple with brownish red tone. Now I still loveee my CTG too death and I do wear it a lot in the fall/winter.....
Though, PWAP is my fave purple for anytime of the year!

It is a darker type purple, yet its bright at the same time!

If you love darker like purples and want a bit of lavender added to lighten it up and want a "subtle pink flash" finish....then run and buy this baby now!

on 5/18/2011 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my current favorite right now. I just used up the last of my bottle so I'm going next week to get a new one. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!! It's ELECTRIC purple and this is a color I go GAGA over looking at my nails. Especially with one of the shatters over it.

Oh my love, I would MARRY it if I could.

on 4/6/2011 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

A gorgeous lilac purple, a tad darker than lilac. It shimmers and becomes opaque in 3 coats for me. It's pretty and would suit light-medium coloured skin best I think.

Popular Polishes