OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

on 2/2/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic, gorgeous blue-based red creme.
Bright and happy and can red pink-ish.

Easy to apply and wears like a dream. (And also in gel color.)

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

on 5/4/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Cutest color for a pedicure if you have fair, pinkish skin. I found the wear to be typical overall of OPI polishes. It's a pretty bright, intense color, so I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a manicure, but I could see myself wearing it as a pedi all summer. Could be paired with pink as well as red fingernails, although it's more of a red than a pink itself. I've been wearing it with Illamasqua Fire Rose on my fingers, and it's looked really pretty.

on 1/30/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I'm really a total klutz in the application of polishing my nails..and my nails in general are brittle, I get my nails done (sorry--acrylic nail tips) at the nail place on a regular basis...and the one nail polish I ALWAYS go to is OPI's "Dutch Tulips". I like a classic red nail. There is something elegant, classic and chic about a red nail--but it needs to be the right shade of red. For my fair skin--any red with traces of orange just don't work with my skin tone. Dutch Tulips is a red that is blue based, but the color itself almost borders on the deepest pink or raspberry. It is a true red though. I can pick this color out in any row of the reds that the nail place I go to has on display. The color is truly beautiful. In addition, it is a very intense shade that really only needs one coat. Hopefully OPI will never discontinue this shade--it would be a shame if they did.
In fact, now I'm thinking-- I need to purchase a few bottles of this to bring when I get my nails done--Just in case!!

on 6/11/2013 2:13:00 PM

I love all OPI nail polishes. They are long wear and quick to apply. The price is a little on the high side but worth it! This shade is great!

on 5/15/2013 4:53:00 PM

First I loved the name of this nail polish and than the color which is not as red as some people describe here. I mean it is red with pink undertones that you can notice only if you are outside in the sunlight. Application is beautiful one coat is already enough.

on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 PM

This is so far the most gorgeous red shade I've got. It's more of red rather than pink though. At first I wanted to buy a pink shade, but when I apply it on my nails it shows more of red. However the color is so gorgeous so I want to keep it in my OPI collection.

on 4/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

I won't be wearing this colour but it deserves a good rating for ease of application and full, smooth opacity after applying one or two coats. I do love OPI's wider brush and smoother consistency than many of my Essie colours. Dutch Tulips is just not my colour--although it appeared pinky-red in the bottle, on my nails it's more of a true, blue-based red against my NC20-ish skin tone. A word of caution--this was more difficult to remove than any of my other dark polishes and left a slight red stain on my nails, even though I used a good base coat.

This is by far the best red nail varnish I have used, and I have tried loads. It is a bright red but without looking pink/coral.

on 11/23/2012 4:36:00 PM

I absolutelly love this color. After having it for a month, I bought second bottle, because it was in sale and I was worried that it will be ended. It is a bright ping-red color, very shiny, makes my day much better :)

Top Rated OPI Products