OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

on 6/7/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have probably six or seven "classic" reds and this one is my absolute favorite for summer. Why for summer? Well, it's just a tad brighter, maybe a little pinker than any of the others. It is definitely blue-based, which works great for me (fair-medium, cool undertones). In the bottle it looks a lot like Essie's "She's Pampered," or Sally Hansen Salon "Right Said Red," but it's not exactly the same in real life. I don't know exactly why but it really is just a notch brighter.

Could you wear it in winter? Absolutely! It's gorgeous anytime, but I especially like it for summer, and am, in fact, wearing it right now. I've had this one for some time, but it shows no gloopiness at all.

I do love OPI polishes. Most of them are wonderful and with a coat of Seche Clear on the bottom and a top coat (I like Seche Vite except for the shrinkage, am using Out the Door today, and also like Poshe), I get an easy workweek out of a manicure. I work with my hands in a variety of creative endeavors, but also do dishes, housework, and all the other not-so-fun but necessary stuff, and it still hangs on. Sometimes, midway through the week, I'll pop on one more coat, just to forestall any chipping, and add an extra top coat, but I don't think you'd have to.

So, yeah, I love it.

on 2/2/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A classic, gorgeous blue-based red creme.
Bright and happy and can red pink-ish.

Easy to apply and wears like a dream. (And also in gel color.)

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

on 5/4/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Cutest color for a pedicure if you have fair, pinkish skin. I found the wear to be typical overall of OPI polishes. It's a pretty bright, intense color, so I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a manicure, but I could see myself wearing it as a pedi all summer. Could be paired with pink as well as red fingernails, although it's more of a red than a pink itself. I've been wearing it with Illamasqua Fire Rose on my fingers, and it's looked really pretty.

on 1/30/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I'm really a total klutz in the application of polishing my nails..and my nails in general are brittle, I get my nails done (sorry--acrylic nail tips) at the nail place on a regular basis...and the one nail polish I ALWAYS go to is OPI's "Dutch Tulips". I like a classic red nail. There is something elegant, classic and chic about a red nail--but it needs to be the right shade of red. For my fair skin--any red with traces of orange just don't work with my skin tone. Dutch Tulips is a red that is blue based, but the color itself almost borders on the deepest pink or raspberry. It is a true red though. I can pick this color out in any row of the reds that the nail place I go to has on display. The color is truly beautiful. In addition, it is a very intense shade that really only needs one coat. Hopefully OPI will never discontinue this shade--it would be a shame if they did.
In fact, now I'm thinking-- I need to purchase a few bottles of this to bring when I get my nails done--Just in case!!

on 6/11/2013 2:13:00 PM

I love all OPI nail polishes. They are long wear and quick to apply. The price is a little on the high side but worth it! This shade is great!

on 5/15/2013 4:53:00 PM

First I loved the name of this nail polish and than the color which is not as red as some people describe here. I mean it is red with pink undertones that you can notice only if you are outside in the sunlight. Application is beautiful one coat is already enough.

on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 PM

This is so far the most gorgeous red shade I've got. It's more of red rather than pink though. At first I wanted to buy a pink shade, but when I apply it on my nails it shows more of red. However the color is so gorgeous so I want to keep it in my OPI collection.

on 4/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

I won't be wearing this colour but it deserves a good rating for ease of application and full, smooth opacity after applying one or two coats. I do love OPI's wider brush and smoother consistency than many of my Essie colours. Dutch Tulips is just not my colour--although it appeared pinky-red in the bottle, on my nails it's more of a true, blue-based red against my NC20-ish skin tone. A word of caution--this was more difficult to remove than any of my other dark polishes and left a slight red stain on my nails, even though I used a good base coat.

This is by far the best red nail varnish I have used, and I have tried loads. It is a bright red but without looking pink/coral.

Popular Polishes