April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample tube of this. Immediately, I noticed it had a floral scent, and I hate mascaras that have a perfumey scent added to them. It applied well, and added length and volume, but began to irritate my eyes. Also, it smudged. Into the trash this goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

Not really a fan of this mascara, it separates eye lashes nicely and is easy to apply but doesn't longate the eye lashes as much as it should. They always look nice but to short, very buildable to many coats and you get clumpy lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Every time I blinked, more mascara transferred from my upper lashes to my undereye area. I should have just smeared it there to start with. Worst mascara I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$30 USD. Oh, Effet Faux Cils, I had such great hopes for you! I tried this in regular and waterproof formula, and both were horrible. I have short, straight, sparse Asian lashes and am looking to replace Maybelline Lash Stylist that added mega volume and length to my lashes. I'm so sad this didn't work on me - the gold tube is dazzling and makes my dressing table look very glamorous. However: (1) it took down the curl; (2) brush did not coat my lashes at all - it was worse than the mega plush; (3) it smudged SOOO badly someone at work asked me about 10 am or so whether I had been crying - I got to work at 9 am that day and had not been crying and had put on the waterproof version that morning; and (4) it added neither length nor volume. Back it goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I have quite long lashes but not much volume and this makes my lashes look thick and longer. The packaging is beautiful although it does get finger marks all over it very quickly. I see a lot of people are put off by the smell but to me it smells faintly of roses which I rather like. I also like the fact it doesn't make my lashes crunchy like a lot of drugstore mascaras do. The things I don't like so much are the fact you can't layer too much or things get a bit clumpy, but that can be solved with a spoolie. Also it dries up so fast which is annoying, maybe that's to do with the packaging? The last thing I don't like is the price, this mascara is lovely but so expensive ): I would repurchase again but only for a special occassion due to the price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ellierosepoppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really pricey mascara at $30, but it's my favorite one. I'm on my second tube. I love the soft bristles and the mascara goes on thick and smoothly. No flakes or clumps. Makes me look like I have lovely lashes. I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gotta say this isn't worth the $55AUD. It's a nice mascara if lightly applied but it's nothing special in my opinion. I'll definitely use the rest of it but no repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by alicehoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT IT IS AMAZIG I CANNOT FAULT IT PERFECTION HG PRODUCTS

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is without a doubt the worst mascara I have ever used. I went to Sephora to pick up my beloved Shocking mascara and somehow ended up with this horrific creation. I noticed when I got home but decided to try it anyways because there was no way I was rushing right back to Sephora to exchange it and I needed mascara. This clumped my lashes together to no end....I have never full lashes and this made them look like I had about 3. The formula was way too wet and go literally everywhere when I was applying it and the tube does not take anywhere near enough product off of the brush for application. It smudges and because it puts so much product on my lashes, it makes them really heavy and they lose their curl about an hour in. Also I noticed a lot of other people saying this but by my third use of this, the bristles on the brush seemed to be very warped. For $42, this is a complete joke. Going to return in for Shocking asap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

The formula is good and adds dramatic volume and length to my barely-there lashes. It can get a bit clumpy but this is easily solved with a lash comb.

BUT- Sadly, the cons are just too much for me to ever repurchase or even recommend to anyone:

a) It literally dries out faster than any other mascara I have ever used in my life (and I'm talking like less than a month - I keep seeing this in other reviews, and I also exchanged mine at YSL thinking perhaps it was old but the new one was the same)
b) Having slightly hooded eyes, this mascara smudged & flaked a lot and constantly throughout the day.
c) Irritates my eyes, likely from the added fragrance in this mascara. I can't use products that are heavily-scented on a daily basis because it is too irritating my my skin and eyes. It made me want to constantly rub my eyes by the 2nd day of use. Not good at all.