November 28, 2014 | 1450 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by libra4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this mascara.

I have a medical condition that makes my eyes *extremely* dry. I have had to go to the ER just to get normal, daily dust debris flushed out of my eyes, so flakes are an absolute no-can-do for me. All mascaras say they don't flake, and they all do, at least a little, except this one. It simply does. not. flake, Period. For me, that is pretty much reason to wear it, as a so-so mascara would be better than none (which is what I was doing for a while). This, however, is not a so-so mascara.

I have naturally long, thick eyelashes that are mostly blonde, and straight. I want a mascara that colors my lashes from root to tip, maybe lengthens a little, holds a curl, and does not clump. I like a fanned-out look, not spidery, and not overly-thickened. I don't care for that heavy, caterpillar look. This mascara fits the bill. It applies like a dream. One coat will do, and it's not a coat that takes a lot of work or care - not a lot of wiggling the wand back and forth, or turning it every which way. No second coat needed, for me anyway (I consider the need for a second coat a failure of the product, or my application.) Again, it does not clump. I usually use a metal lash comb on my lashes because I HATE HATE HATE clumps, but I don't even need it with this. Just a quick brush with a spoolie, and I'm done. My lashes are pretty, but not fake-looking. No smudges or raccoon eyes, no clumps or flakes, just pretty, dark lashes. My only complaint is that the color, in the black at least, seems to perhaps lose the tiniest bit of its intensity after a few hours, but it's a minor complaint. For its ease of application, its complete lack of flaking, and the way it makes my lashes look, I don't care. It is expensive, and I'm poor these days, but for me, it's still worth it.

HG, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by geekymakeup

Color Black Waterproof. This is a very expensive mascara but very well worth the money. I have searched high and low for a mascara for my Asian barely there eyelashes that are fine that are bone straight and won't take a curl. I use the La Cross eye curler the only one that works for my small Asian eyes. This mascara in waterproof lengthens my eyelashes. it stays on all day. i wear contacts and have horrible allergies. This mascara does not flake off, does not bother my allergies, and makes my asian lashes long and beautiful. i have swam all over the Caribbean with this mascara on. No problems and get tons of compliments. it can be a challenge to get off, but just be patient so that you don't pull out lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I treated myself to a kit containing this mascara, an eye liner and an eye makeup remover for my birthday. I really like mascara and... well, being my favourite makeup item sometimes I like to splurge a little... Even though I recently found some amazing L'oreal mascaras (review coming soon) that will make me think twice about splurging again.

This mascara comes in a delightful golden tube. It is very user friendly and one coat is all I need to make my already long and dark eye lashes look super long, super black and super voluminous. Gorgeous! Two coats would look great too, but one is enough. Resisted incredibly well through the beach and generally hot summer. Did not survive swimming in the pool, but then again it is not waterproof so I didn't expect it to.

Only downside: even though I cleaned the brush with a tissue every week, it still dried up really fast and lasted me only two months with daily use. It then became really dry and I had to throw it. My L'oreal mascara lasts me three months and costs less than half the price, so that was disappointing.

I would recommend this mascara if you want to splurge and go for the luxurious experience. If you are on a budget or are conscious of your spending, I would try L'oreal (the one with the purple tube, sorry I cannot remember the name but I will put a review up soon). Even though this mascara is fantastic, I probably won't buy again due to the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sunnivajane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So i got a sample of this mascara when i bought the fusion ink foundation. I am probably one of the pickiest people when it comes to my lashes you will find. They must be perfect, otherwise I will be unhappy about the way I look the whole day. I usually wear either the a chanel mascara, or one from maybelline to achieve very long dramatic lashes. My lashes are fairly long from beforehand, so I want something that helps me enhance that. This mascara is friggin amazing. I used it without an eyelashcurler to see how it did on its own, and the result is amazing. My lashes got so long without clumping, and with an amazing volumized effect. I also like to layer my mascara without it clumping for maximized effect, and this did just that. I do recommend to get a sample before buying it, however this really was that good making it look like i had false lashes on. Really recommend! (I also think how you apply it has something to do with how it looks, just to bear that in mind).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Chilllovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. Made my lashes stick together and clump. Didn't do anything for my lashes. Wont repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love how this mascara looks, but it refuses to stay on my face. I usually don't get raccoon eyes from mascara, as I'm not oily, but this stuff just melts. I still have perfect, black, thick, feathery lashes with it on -- but I also have a beautiful black line under my eyes. I usually put Clarins Double Fix over the top of it to prevent this, but having to double up on expensive products is just not any fun.

Also, this formula starts out very wet and dries up a bit within a couple weeks. I prefer a drier formula so this works for me but if you like your mascara to stay watery or if you don't use it very often then this one's not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by gechok

I got this with a Neiman Marcus gift card. It's the first/only YSL product I've ever purchased (I have a Baby Doll Lashes sample, but that's it). It's hella expensive-- $30. It's definitely worth it. I would repurchase it, but I have yet to talk myself into that.

It's housed in a sleek gold tube with YSL on the cap. It smells like rose petals and applies like a dream. It's not clumpy and the tip of the brush is perfect for fanning out your lashes. They look fake, but natural enough to get away with. They don't look clumpy or spidery. I like long eyelashes, but I want volume more than anything else. This mascara gives me both.

Unfortunately, this comes with a hefty price tag. I'm currently using the NYX Doll Lash Volume mascara and I'm on my second tube and I'm running out. It gives a similar soft, voluminous, lengthening effect at a fraction of the price.

I'm still debating whether to repurchase the YSL mascara, as I'm 16 and I don't have a job. I can see myself buying it at some point in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I surprisingly really like this mascara. I got it in duty free in a duo pack. I LOVE the packaging. It looks very luxurious as I expect from an expensive company. I this the price point is not TOO BAD for the company. I would like to add that I am willing to pay more for something if it is worth the price and it does everything I need it too. I am always looking for potential HG products! I have a lot of issues with a lot of makeup. This has not caused me any issues, luckily. I do have VERY watery eyes and this did not smudge on me, like a lot of cheaper mascaras do. This reminds me of the L’oreal Voluminous Cologne mascara. However it is less voluminous and more natural and lengthening. The L’oreal one does clump a lot more. I don’t have high hopes for many drugstore items, and there is almost always a high end better version, I think this is it. I don’t think this will be my HG product as I am not in love. But my eyes do look great with just this and some bb cream, blush and bronzer!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample tube of this. Immediately, I noticed it had a floral scent, and I hate mascaras that have a perfumey scent added to them. It applied well, and added length and volume, but began to irritate my eyes. Also, it smudged. Into the trash this goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

Not really a fan of this mascara, it separates eye lashes nicely and is easy to apply but doesn't longate the eye lashes as much as it should. They always look nice but to short, very buildable to many coats and you get clumpy lashes.