Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 8/4/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this as a mini sample at Sephora. There is NO way I would spend close to $40 on ANY mascara. I have drugstore mascaras that hit this one out of the park. There is nothing special about this mascara besides the brand.
I applied this mascara then had to apply a drugstore one over top of it. Payoff is very subtle...totally not worth the hype!

on 8/1/2015 4:32:00 AM

I bought the waterproof version of this mascara and I'm beyond impressed. It makes my lashes long and it separates and gives volume at the same time. I swam with this mascara and it didn't budge. This is an amazing mascara. Best summer mascara ever.

on 7/22/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I love everything YSL makes and this mascara is no exception! I've tried many (drugstore and high end) mascaras and this seems to compliment my lashes very well. Let's be real here, mascara cannot give you what you don't have so there's only so much black paste and a brush can do. No clumps, not too wet that it weighs lashes down, gives length and volume without making your lashes look like three black spikes... That alone makes it a winner in my opinion.

on 6/25/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this mascara for the last 8 years and LOVED it. Recently, they changed the formula of YSL Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils and it's horrible! I have long, straight lashes and use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. The new formula straightens my lashes even with a curler. The formula is wetter - and heavier than the original version and smears easily. Plus, it stinks! What's up with that?

TO YSL PLEASE go back to the original formula! It's non irritating, no odor, keeps lashes curled and stays on throughout the day. It can get dried out but running the tube under hot water before using cures the flaking problem and eliminates the limp lashes caused by the new formula.

I've spoken with many former devotees who are looking for a new brand. Please reconsider adding the "conditioning" oil to the formula - it's not very effective as a conditioner and fails miserably as a mascara.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I had heard about how good Yves Saint Laurent mascara's were, so I was very pleased when my mother surprised me by buying me one. So far I've been using this for nearly six months, and it's fantastic. It applies smoothly and easily, and it doesn't tend to clump like most mascaras do - there aren't any ugly/obvious mascara fibers littering my lashes. A little definitely goes a long way; it definitely isn't subtle on me, but it makes my lashes look longer and thicker than they already are. The only complain I have about this mascara is it's incredible lack of resistance to water. While I don't believe the product claims to be waterproof, it certainly comes off very easily, so I would recommend using a lash primer with it if you intend to go anywhere near moisture. Overall, it's a fantastic mascara; it's a little pricey but I think it's worth it and I will definitely be buying it again.

on 5/24/2015 6:03:00 PM

This product was a disappointment for me.My lashes are thin and my eyes are small and i want my lashes to look long and thick but this product is like from 70s.I think it is because of the brush shape.
You should buy this if you only would like to define your lashes.
Smell and packaging are great but that is all.

on 5/24/2015 11:31:00 AM

I have tried every mascara recommended by blogs or makeup pages, but none gave me volume,length and definition altogether. I have fair complexion and i have been looking for a mascara that gave my lashes volume but at the same time avoiding clumps. A friend introduced me the ysl faux cills, and since than i never found something resembling to it, since it is very pricy.
the only con is that it dries out faster then the other mascaras i have tried(dior, lancome,chanel,l'oreal,clinique,clarins,helena rubinstein). other than the price, it is wonder in a tube.

on 5/16/2015 2:39:00 AM

Effect is amazing BUT dries out so quickly it's not worth the price tag.

on 5/8/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Probably one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. You have to use a lot of product for it to look good, and even so my lashes look clumpy and unevenly separated. I doesn't hold the curl either and worst of all, it's flakey and after a few hours of wear I have a serious case of Raccoon eyes. Which I find kind of weird as it's almost impossible to wash off in the evening, and it's not even the waterproof one. I have to use two face wipes, make up remover, soap, a face cleanser + a toner to remove it, and even still when I wake up the next stay I still have smudges from this damn mascara under my eyes. It. drives. me. crazy.

It's unfortunate because I love the packaging, it beautiful and luxurious, and it's probably the most expensive mascara I have ever bought. I'm disappointed because I know so many people who absolutely love the YSL mascaras and I was so excited. I'm probably not gonna buy another YSL mascara for a while (or ever). I'll stick to my Benefit They're Real, Max factor False lash effect or the Lancome Hypnose mascaras in the future.

raccoon eyes