Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

i got a sample size of this from sephora and this mascara completely missed the mark for me. i don't know if it's because i have a sample size, but i found this to be so dry and it did nothing for my lashes. because the formula is so dry, i feel like the brush was raking and pulling through my lashes every time i tried to use this. i've tried this alone, on top of waterproof mascara, and with mascara primers (my trusty shiseido primer and the dior one)... and each time, without fail, my lashes droop unevenly within the second or third hour. it also didn't add any real volume (despite its name) and i didn't see much length either. i much prefer my $7 maybelline mascara over this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really great mascara! The pigment is dark and the formula is amazing...goes on smoothly and lashes stay soft. Never any clumps of flakes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really had high expectations for this mascara. If a product is worth it, I'm fine with a higher price, but unfortunately, this mascara just did not work for me. I didn't find it build able at all, and by the time I was finished applying it, my lashes were clumped together in five lash spikes in a sticky mess.

Sadly, this was a total fail for me. I'd rather just buy L'oreal.

The hunt for the HG mascara continues...

I love this mascara! I pair it with Guerlain mascara, and it makes my lashes look like falsies. I highly recommend this product if you want those bomb lashes, without having to wear falsies every day . It even looks perfect with no eyeliner, I have been doing shadow, some kohl eyeliner on my water line and then this mascara and just pile on the mascara, and it looks great

This has been my staple mascara for many years! It's a lovely consistency. The brush is a great design. It's really lengthening and gives you a great false lash effect. I would say this takes a little getting used to, give it a try for a week or so as there is a bit of a knack to the application. I used to buy this as a staple but I now flit between faux cils and the babydoll version of this mascara, I prefer the brunch of the babydoll but the faux cils looks thicker on application. It's an expensive mascara but definitely worth it and I wouldn't buy any other. Probably not great for a newbie as it takes a bit of practice but worth sticking with

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is probably the nicest piece of makeup I have ever purchased. And I'm thoroughly unimpressed. I only bought this because I had the VIB discount (full price it's $32). I had seen the Clinique Chubby Mascara in the Black Honey shade and was immediately drawn to it except for the fact that the brush on that one was super lame. The burgundy shade in the YSL mascara is essentially the same so I decided to splurge because the wand looked waaaay better. While the mascara is nice, it is not $32 nice. The formula is kind of a weird gel consistency and feels funny on your lashes before it dries. Almost gluey feeling. That's not to say that when it dries it looks funny; it's perfectly fine on that front. And while the color looks really awesome on the wand, on your lashes it barely hints at any shade of burgundy. It looks more like a brown mascara.
I'd just say at this price, save your money. I'll likely be returning it because there is absolutely nothing special about this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My perfect mascara. I have tried many and keep going back to this.
My lashes are fine, sparse, pale blonde and somewhat short. This is the only mascara I've tried that gives thickness without being too clumpy and length without drooping.
Only problem- it will smudge/bleed off if not worn with a primer. I always use clinque lash primer underneath and now it stays all day without giving me panda eyes.
I use it almost every day, 2 coats and a bottle lasts about 2 months before it seems to abruptly go dry and run out.
I remember buying this years ago and it had a very strong perfum smell-not unpleasant but strong. I've notices that the last couple of bottles I've bought the smell is not so pronounced. No doubt that's a good thing for a lot of people, I don't really mind.
Have just revisited Dior's extase and it does not compare. I'll probably try others but I'm sure I'll always come back to this.
So, if you have fine, sparse, short lashes like me, give it a shot.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

F A I L
Worst ...mascara....ev-er.
So disappointed. Gluggy, heavy, insta-clump.
Cant believe i paid top dollar for this, never again.
My waterproof eye make up remover (which normally takes off mascara perfectly) struggles to get this stuff off. Makes lashes dry and brittle.
Flaking pieces all around my eyes and quite irritating (esp as a contact-wearer).
The only way i can use this is by gently applying one coat and then brushing lashes with a disposable mascara wand. Even then it looks like crap.
Definitely going back to my previous drug store mascara (Loreal False Lashes lash architect). This was half the price and looked/felt amazing.
Normally a fan of Yves products but this stuff is terrible.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

For years and years the only makeup I really cared about/knew how to use was mascara - I've only expanded my makeup collection to include tinted moisturizer a few months ago. As such mascara is really important to me. YSL Volume Effet is my absolute favorite, the one I've returned to time after time. My eyelashes are already pretty long but this adds considerable volume and length while keeping them just as soft as my unmascara'd lashes. It's also lightly scented, one of those small, lovely details that keeps people buying luxury items. The only con, of course, is the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

*review for the waterproof mascara

This is probably one of THE greatest mascaras I've ever tried. The results are just incredible - volume, length, ability to curl - it's simply much much better than anything I've ever tried.

I have Asian, medium-length lashes that are straight as a pole and must wear waterproof mascaras to hold their curl. The problem with most wp drugstore mascaras is that the formula is so incredibly dry and therefore you can't really build up layers to improve lash volume. So for the last year or so I've been faithful to Heroine Kiss Long & Curl, which is a Japanese mascara.

YSL is different, though - the formula is creamy but it does not budge after it is set for good. It's got more volume than Long&Curl and separates extremely well to boot. It's genuinely my favorite mascara.

What makes me sad is that the tube dries out in 1.5 months. Too bad, because this bad boy cost $30 per tube and for a college student that's just too much to spend on every time it dries out.

Popular Mascaras