October 21, 2014 | 903 users online

Pressed Powders - Avon - Personal Match

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by fihe

Great powder! I'm a MAC NC15 and I use the shade Porcelain, though I feel it's a bit pink for me. the applicator it comes with broke when I tried hand-washing it, so I use a separate velour puff instead and apply it after my foundation. it works great! however, I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because the packaging on mine broke, so it doesn't snap closed. in fact, it doesn't completely close :( but other than that the packaging is nice. and did I mention the product is great? :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Sand ( Mac NC 37 or Avon-Warmest Beige) and Sand matched perfectly. I have very oily skin and I was looking for a powder which didnt chalky or cakes up. This powder is pretty good, I hate the powder buff that this came with, I switched to a sponge and sometimes i use a powder brush. I usually use oil absorbing sheets and this powder and my pores look flawless. I have tried everything from Lancome, Clinique, EL, revlon, Arden, u name it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by gswitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It comes in a sleek compact. It goes on very smoothly. I use it conjunction with the Avon Personal Match Cream to Powder Foundation. It leaves a matte finish on my skin. It's not too "cakey" and doesn't settle in my "laugh lines". I do retouch during the day, but I still look decent after a long day at work. My skin tends to be oily, especially in the T-zone, and this powder manages to help control my "slick spots". It is not a heavy powder, so if you are looking for something with a heavy coverage factor-look elsewhere. I will continue to purchase this powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I get discounts on the already dirt cheap Avon products, so I am stocked up on the porcelein shade of this powder. It doesn't cake, absorbs oil, and leaves a flawless finish. The applicator is horrible, though! I either use a Maybelline powder puff to put it on, or I break up the powder and put it on with a brush. Just thinking about the applicator makes me cringe... Ewwww. Good product, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best pressed powder I've used. Forever I used a Lancome oil-free powder, but I wanted to find a less expensive product. I tried Avon's Personal Match about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. The amazing thing is, I'm still using the same compact I bought a year ago, and I use it every day. A little goes a long way - I apply with a cotton round, tap off the excess and apply to my entire face. It doesn't cake, absorbs oil (I have combo skin - very oily on my forehead and nose) and the color blends beautifully. I highly recommend this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by LisaGoh

Never thought I would buy an Avon product, but I did after my colleague used it, loved it and recommended it. I've been using it for a few months now. Doesn't cake up and no break outs. =) But the applicator's really lousy. The price is really cheap too, even in Malaysia. And oh.. I bought it in light beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2006 9:23:00 AM More reviews by bojana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not very good pressed powder. It does not stay matte for long, does not cover well and the sponge is very bad.I prefere personal match loose powder. It is much better and keeps my face looking even and not greasy all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 8:16:00 AM More reviews by anazc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely great. I got mine in light beige and it definitely is a personal match :) I as abit reluctant to try this as my mom used to be allergic to avon powders (and other skin products) so decided to buy the refill alone, without the compact (cheaper that way). The refill case alone looks like a miniature compact, it's quite cute. I can actually fit in a puff inside - only it doesn't have a mirror. (Serves me right for being so stingy)

I set my liquid foundation with this, tried this with my tinted moisturiser, as well as on its own. GREAT on all counts. I stay matte all day long - and i live in such hot humid climate, probably only need to touch up just once after lunch. Dirt cheap, works well.. why not?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by WannaBmysurfer

I absolutely adore this powder. I haven't used a pressed powder in a long time. I love the personal match color in tan. It actually has enough yellow undertones and isn't tooo light or too dark. I got the one in Personal Match in tan Matte. The matte is amazing. My face looks sooo good when I wear this stuff. The price is so freaking cheap. The best powder I have ever used. I used to use clinique and revlon. And both of those brands are way more expensive than this powder. The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this product is the powder puff/sponge. I can't use that thing at all for any sort of application. I like to use a foundation sponge or a big powder brush. The powder brush works great when setting the foundation and getting a more put together finish look. Other than that this is a great powder!!!! the best yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by vickyc123

I can't believe I'm about to give this a 5 LIPPIE rating, but I am. My mom lent me her compact a few weeks back and I was very hesitant to use it because a) it's *AVON* and b) my skin has recently become acne prone and EVERYTHING seems to piss it off lately.But I tried it and it worked just as well, if not better than my usual MAC Blot powder. I was shocked. The color stays true, blots away the oilies, is sheer enough that I can put it everywhere I need to and it wont tone down the color of my blush or bronzer, it doesn't cake or streak, I haven't had any new breakouts or skin aggrivation when using this product (my face has been clearing up because of something seperate), or any of the bad stuff that usually happens with cheap powders. Even the color match is good, which is very hard for me to find. I have light olive skin, leaning more towards the yellow side (NARS Deauville). I like this powder so much that my mom ordered me one for myself (she wanted hers back, haha), and I will definitely repurchase! I got this on sale for $6.99, but even for the retail price of $9.00 it's a STEAL! continued >>