August 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Almay Intense i Color for Hazel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is generally a good product but I find the shades to have a lot of shimmer and some fallout. This is the only almay product I have ever owned so I can't say much for the brand.
I would consider these shades (champagne, pink, brown) to be flattering on all eye colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, for some reason, I thought this was the trio for brown eyes. Nevertheless, Almay eyeshadows are always the greatest and this is no exception. I would like these ones in particular to be more pigmented (I got them from grocery outlet so that may be a reason) but they still work well for about any eye color because they are so natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Almay's Intense color for hazel is a great product! I am constantly getting compliments on my eyes from this product. It brings out just the right colors in hazel colored eyes and comes in a convenient container that does not spill when traveling. I highly recommend if you want to transform your eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

I have this trio in the new packaging (formed to look like an eyelid, so you can see exactly where you should place shadow.) I picked up this trio not realizing that there were specific palettes for different eye colors (silly me,) so my eyes are blue and I have this one, because I love the colors and they stood out to me. I am really a pretty big fan of this trio; over a nice primer it'll stay all day and the colors are gorgeous. The packaging can get messy, though, and sometimes the colors aren't quite as smooth and creamy as you'd want them to be.

SparklyBeauty

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Love, love, love! I have darker brown eyes but these colours still make my eyes pop! Great pink and brown pigments--I just really love this eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by hannahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found this eye shadow with the gray trio at the 99 Cent Only Store and decided to give it a try, despite the fact that my eyes are blue and not hazel. I needed a new set of grays and this was quite perfect! The shadow goes on bold and distributes nice and even. The blend of color is beautiful as well, and even better than the gray set I used before. Glad I bought a few at that price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeshadow trio! It really, truly intensifies and makes my eye colour stand out in a natural way (since the shadows themselves are very subtle\light shades). I love mixing the light pink and milk chocolate brown shadows to make the perfect dusty-pink colour with a hint of shimmer. The highlight colour is a very light champagne/gold and it really works to pull the whole look together and brighten my eyes. I also love the texture of these eye shadows-- very easy to blend or build-up and they stay put for hours. The three eye shadows combined are great for an every day casual, yet polished look. The price is extremely affordable (especially when considering the quality of the product and that the eye shadows last for a really long time) and the compact packaging is lovely because it makes it easy to stash this little trio in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by fridaycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this again for the second time in a few years. The three shades are always reliable for giving me a fresh and natural look because they are so flattering with my skin tone. The texture is soft and silky and the shadows blend extremely well. I am also impressed with the staying power (no primer). I have received compliments when I pair these eye shadows with eyeliners that have a green cast (think Clinique Egyptian or Clinique True Khaki).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by gigglymonkiez

I like the 3 colors Almay chose to go together - a very sparkly white, pink, and brown color. All were very shiny, even though it doesn't look like it in the compact. None of these eyeshadows irritated my eyes. I use this eyeshadow trio for my "everyday look". It's very natural. The only SLIGHT complaint I have on this is that I don't feel the brown color is very pigmented. The white and pink is very rich in color, but I find myself packing the brown color onto the outer V edge of my eye because I don't feel like it's showing enough. But then again, because the brown color isn't that dark/pigmented, it results in a very "natural look" which is also very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

These are some of the worst eyeshadows I've ever used. Disappointing, because Almay's quality is generally quite high for a drugstore brand, and their eye products are usually excellent for sensitive eyes. This eyeshadow is very powdery and loosely packed, so it's very easy to get some in your eyes (and everywhere else!) when you are applying it. Not good for sensitive eyes. They also have very little pigment but are VERY shiny. You end up piling the shadow on to get it to show up, and at that point, your eyelid is shiny enough to double as an airport beacon. It's also not very flattering for those of us in the 40 and over crowd! I like many of Almay's products, but this was a bust.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No