October 25, 2014 | 1621 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Beyond Colour Plumping Lip Conditioner with Retinol SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by misslmv76

I love this product! I've been using this for 4+ years & if I can't find an Avon rep. I'm happy to pay the extra cost from ebay. I use at night & I always wake up with plump full soft lips. The SPF is a bonus also. My lips always feel moisturised when I use this product. It gives a nice natural sheen without being too glossy or sticky.
The only downsides are, if I apply too much, my lips look white, not a nice look & the stick is soft & fragile, I keep one in my bag & if I've been in the summer heat too long it tends to melt.
I didn't realise it had Retinol in it??
Overall this is a great product that I will continue to use & recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I think this is a great long term lip plumper, retinol does increase collagen production. I've noticed that my lips are a bit fuller from using this nightly for the week. As to the amount of retinol, I'm not sure that you would want a lot of retinol in a lip product, that could be drying to the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lip conditioner. I have bought it over and over, again, for 8+ years. I was very disappointed when Avon d/c it and searched for-and overpayed-for it on eBay. So glad Avon has it back in stock.
Edit- I was disappointed to read that beautypedia gave it a poor review. They say the Retinol in the formula is practically non-existent. I've had such good results with this, I find it hard to believe, but I'm reconsidering repurchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice little product, feels nice when applied but I have to apply it 2 -3 times for my lips to feel softer and moisturised.
I do like this but I would not buy it again as my lips felt dry in an hour.
On top of that I feel like it's going to snap at any moment.
Fragile for a lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know about actual "Lip Plumpling" but it certainly does condition. I use it overnight as part of my night routine or at home during the day when my lips are dry and in need a bit of conditioning. It remoistens my lips moreso than a just gloss or ordinary lipstick would do anyway. If I use it on chapped lips overnight, the next day my lips are great and back to being smooth and "normal" again. What I don't like about this product is that it tends to whiten my lips, so I would not wear it out alone for this reason as I look a bit ghoulish. It's better than Vaseline though as it's not as messy nor as tacky, so I would probably buy again. Really nice silver and gold lipstick casing. 1 lippy off because it has the unnatural whitish colour in it, this would be better clear in my opinion.

Edited to add: I have found a fantastic use for this. I use it as a base for nude lip or under a light coloured lipstick where I want the colour to show more. The white in it cancels out most of the pigmentation in my lips as well as being a good moist base for the lip colour. :) I am upgrading from 4/5 to 5/5 for this product now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never a lipstick kind of girl, but always used chapsticks and different balms with just a hint of color for moisturization, which makes this my HG. This has been a staple of mine for about 6 years now. I keep one in my office drawer at work, one in my purse, and a few around the house. I wear it all the time- first thing in the morning, as part of my night time skincare regime, etc. These are usually $7.99 through Avon, but they always go on sale every other month or so for half the price, and I usually stock up then. This has a light touch of nude color to it, a nice, creamy texture that glides on & sticks- I imagine this would also be an excellent lipstick base. I don't know how much "plumping" action this has- if you're expecting/looking for something like those tingly glosses that have an instant affect, you probably won't be too impressed with this. It does, however, provide great moisturization making your lips look more plump in the long-term, and exfoliates them as well due to the retinol in the product. The packaging is really nice- a pretty little silver tube that feels and looks very high quality. I will continue to repurchase this as long as Avon offers it. I've also got my mom & best friend hooked on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I loved this!! it moisturizes well while keeping it looking totally natural! And i freak'n lost it! XO WHY?! WHY?!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

loved the color selection. loved the price. hated the fact that every time i wore this lipstick is dried out my lips and i would end up with a cold sore. i really wanted to like this, but ended up just throwing it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh wow. I got this for only 4 dollars and it's amazing. It's done more than any chapstick and even carmex has ever done for me. I don't really know about plumping but it does smooth the lips nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by SakuraPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got my order of this product & at a great time to try it out. I am currently sick with a cold, and despite having taken medications, I still have to mouth-breathe sometimes- especially overnight. We all know what havoc that wreaks on your lips- dry, flaky & eww! This was the condition of my lips the first day (Monday) that I tried it. Previously, I was using softlips & had nowhere NEAR the results I had with that as I did with the Avon Lip Plump/Conditioner. My lips are sooo soft and I have only applied it 3 times total. I bought it on sale @$3.99, so the price was nice. I'm not too concerned with the plumping part. I was going more for the retinol since I'm in my 30's & just an overall conditioner. As for the 'color', I didn't notice any on my lips. I will definitely buy this again.