November 24, 2014 | 2026 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Velocity Shimmeriffic Eye Color in Gold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is smooth and creamy, looks pretty on the skin for a quick bit of color but fades and creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lip_gloss_addict

I really like this color. It's kind of dark on my very pale skin, but I love how versatile it is. I love cream eyeshadows, and this is no exception. It blends so well and is such a pretty color.

Sadly, it is discontinued, but I would buy another tube if I could once my current my runs out. I like to pair this with Vintage Gold and Spun Silk Mary Kay eyeshadows for a kind of "Smoky gold" eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What Does it Do: Its a shimmery/metallic cream eyeshadow in a sheer golden shade.

Upon First Impression: My mom is a Mary Kay rep, so when she was making her order I saw these eyeshadows. We always order everything that comes out new to experiment with. I got them in gold and blue. They come in the same type tube as the eyesicles or the Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes cream shadows. Same height and everything.

Does it Work: Yes. These are very cute and can be worn in a million ways. They build very well so you can apply a little bit for a sheer wash of gold color or you can deepen the color by applying more. It does fade a bit, but not too badly. It is waterproof which is very nice, and can be removed with eye makeup remover or soap and water. Although it is a cream eyeshadow, it does not smudge but it does get in the crease a bit, but when it does you can always take a Q-tip or pinkie finger, and fix it.

How Do I Use It: You can use it a number of ways. The most simple way is to simply squeeze a tiny amount (if you need more you can always build/layer) onto a fingertip or eyeshadow applicator and then sweep in on your eyelid for a wash of gold color. For a deeper color you simply repeat this step. If you don't want the color to fade I suggest using a gold shimmer powder (for added sparkle) or a gold eyeshadow (for a matte finish) to set it.

Cost: with our discount we got it was pretty cheap, but purchased without a discount its kinda pricey.

Is it Worth the Price Tag: Yes, but only if you're sure you will like it

Would You Buy it Again: probably not. but only because I have so much eyeshadow already

Where to Get it: From a Mary Kay rep. continued >>