Hard Candy glitter lash freak mascara in platinum

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always get lured into Hard Candy MU because the packaging is hard to resist! I love anything with glitter in it, and I really wanted to love this, but there is so much fallout that even eye makeup remover can barely remove it! Don't waste your money.

Well, let's let the pictures do the talking. I can't remember which mascara I applied this over, but it doesn't really matter:

PROS: Well, it does put silver glitter on your eyelashes, and most of it stays put. It's kind of a neat effect just on the tips of lashes, and the glitter will catch the light.

CONS: It's never a good sign when your spouse tries to pick the "dandruff" out of your eyelashes. This is very debris-ish and has no "coverage" of its own (it's basically bits of silver strip glitter suspended in clear mascara). It's hard to see at all in most light. You could just as easily stick glitter or pigment to wet mascara and call it a day, and you'd probably get more coverage that way. I also had ample fallout under my eyes which made it look like I'd been crying (again, thank you spouse for the honest feedback). It's just too gimmicky to be worthwhile, and the effect you get is too easily duplicated by other methods. continued >>

i still wanted to try this mascara after my dismal experience with hard candy lash freak mascara, and i wasnt disappointed.
the applicator is a comb, similar to rimmels comb mascara. the comb applicator is terrible for applying a colored mascara, but perfect for applying a glitter mascara.
the comb coated every lash without picking up existing mascara pigment the way a brush would have. the amount of glitter was generous, and it looks nice applied on its own, or over a regular mascara. it didnt pull the curl from my lashes, and the formula wasnt wet enough to have any ill effect at all. excellent product. continued >>