August 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - O-Blot-Erate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by harls321

This doesn't keep my oilies at bay but I haven't found any product that does for my oily skin. I do like to use this as a finishing powder with a large brush & apply it after my UD surreal mmu. It leaves a nice finish to my skin and keeps my mu looking fresh. I also like that it has tea tree oil extract in it. If I do need to blot I rather use blotting papers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will be in the minority here, but I just don't think this powder is all that. The amount you get is 7g/.25 oz so you hit pan right away. Then the powder crumbles out in pieces. The powder itself is OK when you put it on, however, the matte effect does not last too long. Too expensive to be worth it, there's way better & cheaper out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this works fairly well. similar to mac blot powder. the blue powder comes out translucent so it doesnt leave you with a chalky blue face like the clean&clear blue powder does. i had to apply a good amount to keep my shine away. comes in a little cute compact with a heart shaped sponge. my only complaint about this is that it comes in so little. after using this for a week, i saw the bottom of the compact already. maybe i applied too much but still, i wish it came in a thicker layer of powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful! I use milk of magnesia mixed with my moisturizer (that was some alliteration!) as a primer and set my makeup with O-Blot-Erate, and my skin is matte alllllll day. Which is amazing as I am super oily and have spent much of my life battling my skin. Seriously, I don't even have to blot the oilies ONCE in like 12 hours - a dream come true for me. The heart sponge seems way too thin, but I really don't care because the powder is so great. Also $16 is kind of pricey, but I feel that this compact will last a long time, and I am willing to pay for something that really works! This is a godsend if you have wasted tons of time fighting shine in the past, and don't be scared of the blue color!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sarathan

OMG, I am so happy I found this powder!! I've been using Clinique Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but I have a feeling I might as well just throw the Clinique in the garbage because it's never going to get used now that I've found this Hard Candy powder. :) This totally erases shine and pores. It's clear so you don't have to worry about it disrupting your makeup or adding another layer of makeup. It lasts quite a while and looks so natural. I just love it! The ONLY issue I have with this powder is the little heart-shaped sponge included is pretty flimsy and too thin and small. I haven't been able to find another sponge that will fit into the compact and I can't get good enough coverage using a brush. So I guess I'm stuck with the heart sponge for now, but I won't even take off a lippie for it because this powder is just too great! My search for the perfect powder is officially OVER!! Hallelujah!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2006 6:01:00 AM More reviews by canjice

Despite reading the MUA reviews on this product, I had my doubts. I've tried other mattifying products (Lancome, Clinique, Biore, etc.) and none of them had lived up to their promises. I initially winced at the heart-covered box this powder was held in, but I figured I had nothing to really lose (it's only $16). My first day, I put it on before going to a club. A couple hours later, my face was still shine & oil-free!! Though I don't breakout easily, my face does get oily very quickly (even if my environment is cold)..And even at a nightclub, this powder had kept my face beautifully matte! If you're looking for any mattifying product, buy Hard Candy's O-Blot-Erate..nothing else compares. I trust and love this powder so much, I would pay triple the price :]

EDIT: Ugh, this doesn't work for me any more :( Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Maricel

i loooove this stuff. it works great with eliminating shine on any skin tone. i had previously had bad experiences with clean and clears blue powder which literally made my face turn blue. this is very lightweight and does the trick. real results with this! i will most def buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2005 5:43:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlie3000

This is a pretty good product. The shine on my face disappeared enough to leave a healthy glow as soon as I sweeped this on. It's invisible on my face, and I love it. The only con is that it smells a tad wierd. But I'll cope with that until I find something better :-). Edit: There is talc in this, FYI.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by snowfie

I'm glad I trusted the three people that gave this great ratings. I don't wear a lot of face make-up but I do tend to get oily during the day. This kills the oilies without looking "make-upy". And yeah, the heart thing is fairly useless but works in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jes1

So I have been looking for a purple/ blue finishing powder since I read an article in a magazine about a year ago...(There was a disasterous episode involving Sephora all over color in a purple shade that we won't discuss any further here!)
This fits the bill. I am not particularly oily, but my nose gets a bit shiney during the day, and compact powders have never been able to match my very fair but slightly olive-y complexion. This goes on beautifully sheer (don't fear the color as others have said) neutralizes a bit of the yellow in my skin, and even reduces the appearence of little blemishes! Best of all, I don't end up with that "Oh! Did you just apply powder?" look, as it has a really sort of "satin" finish, and not too much coverage. This is not for those of you horrible girls (lol) that only wear powder as base makeup, as it imparts no "skin" color, but adds a lovely, light, color correcting finish to a slightly shiney face without adding another layer of makeup! Superb. (Oh- and the sponge is cute but cheap and useless.. I use a travel powder brush instead) :)