July 23, 2014 | 1286 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Skin Supporter Firming Day Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Average moisturizer. Very light in texture, sinks in quickly, provides nice hydration without making me oilier, has a floral scent that I find annoying but it fades quickly. But it doesn't do anything great for my skin either. Doesn't make it feel fresher, doesn't make it glow, doesn't provide a better base for mu, etc. L'Occitane's Olive Radiance is a much better moisturizer for me. Theres basically no difference in my face when I use this and when I don't. Boring...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also bought a sample jar of this in my search for a daytime moisturizer. I normally use Korres Wild Rose cream, which I love but I have to order it online. I was curious to see if I could find a comparable daytime moisturizer that I could buy in my area. I really like Lumene's Energy Cocktail cream for night so I decided to give another Lumene product a try. I am 26 years old so my skin doesn't need a whole lot of help in the skin supporting department. The good things about this moisturizer: it sinks in quickly, it leaves a velvety finish, makeup (either TM or MMU) goes on very well over it, and it has not broken me out. For me, this moisturizer is WAY too heavily fragranced and I feel like the fragrance is somehow irritating my eyes. I also prefer slightly heavier moisturizers as my skin is quite dry. However, it still gets a "4" as finding a moisturizer that does not cause my sensitive skin to break out in a rash is a rare feat indeed. I don't think that this is the best daytime moisturizer for me BUT I would definitely recommend it to ladies who aren't overly sensitive to fragrances and have skin that is more normal-dry than very dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite happy with the sample pot I bought. I've used it for about a week quite faithfully. Sinks in beautifully and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This could be ideal for my usually dry skin that turns more combo in the summer. It feels light and works well under my tm. Does it support or lift my 38 year old skin?? I think not but it's so cheap!! May replace my EL verite cream now that it's warmer out. Also bought the night cream in the same line to try at a later date...
Did I mention the pot?? Not so happy with digging cream out and having most of it under my nails....why do skin care companies do this??? A tube would make many of us happier...EDIT - made my skin blotchy and uneven in texture after 2 weeks - discontinued use

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by JoBaby13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm new to "firming" creams of any kind. I'm 43 and haven't really felt I needed any kind of firming action until recently as I notice some sagging under my eyes and a little on the lower cheeks. (I still got asked for i.d. this summer though, when I purchased beer - so it can't be that bad lol...oh, and the cashier looked about 20 - and I thought to myself "I'm old enough to be her mother =)
Anyhow, I loved this product and tried it because I have tried a few products from the lumene line and have liked them. Basically, It makes my under eye area much firmer and my lower cheek (jowel area) firmer too, without feeling tight or unnatural and that's what I wanted.

I agree with Sashayy that it isn't rich enough for super dry skin. I use a moisturizer and use this just for those areas I mentioned. I like that the active ingredients in this are water-lily nectar, soya and seaweed. Some of the chemies in make-up can be scary. Packaging gets low points cuz we all know anything you dip your hands in can become a breeding ground for germs and bacteria if one is not extremely careful. I actually wash my hands with soap and water and I swab my finger tip with alcohol before applying any cream to my face (call me paranoid but I bet my creams are a lot more healthy because of it). A tube would be so much better for this and for travelling.

Considering I just started looking into firming creams and actually found something I like that works right away is kinda a miracle in itself really -considering all the money most of us usually waste when trying to find a good product that works for us.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the sample size at CVS for $3.99. I like it because it's not
greasy, and seemed to help my puffiness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I got a generous sample of this from a wonderful Finnish MUAer. This cream is a good basic day cream for normal to dry skin. It smells light and fresh and glides on easily, sinks in quickly.
The active ingredients in this are water-lily nectar, soya and seaweed.
I have super dry skin however and this isn't rich enough for me for fall/winter. I'm also not a fan of creams that come in jars, as they are sanitary and get too exposed to air and possible pollutants every time you open it up to dispense it. I have no complaint, however, about the overall quality of the Lumene line. I have other products from them that I really like. If you buy the right item for your skin type, you will be happy with it and you can't beat the price.

Unfortunately, this and all Lumene products are only available in North America through the CVS chain of drugstores. Thank goodness for CPs! continued >>