August 30, 2014 | 1038 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Eye Candy Eye Shadow - Buttered Popcorn

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by gosh_grace

this was pretty boring, the sparkles in this eyeshadow are too big and it falls off easily, so by the end of the day most of my eyeshadow ended up under my eye instead of on my lid. pew :(
the only good thing about it was its cute packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this first as a sample from Sephora and I LOVED it. It's a very light color and looks almost like my natural eyelid color, but it's a subtle color and it gives a very nice sparkle (not too much) that made my eyes pop. Once I ran out, I raced to buy the actual one at Sephora.
I'm not that into it anymore. I still wear it on my 'relaxed but still want to look polished' days, since I like my makeup to look very natural (I like wearing it when I wear my glasses. It gives me a subtle shimmer and it's easy to apply because it's so sheer). But it doesn't make my eyes pop like it used to. It might be because my free sample got crushed so it was very powdery, while my bought shadow is compacted and very hard. I might crush it and see how it looks and edit this entry when I do.
The packaging is cute, very girly and childish. I may or may not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this in swap, and my thoughts on it are a bit different from the other reviews. On me, it is almost exactly the same shade as my natural eyelids. When I use it and only mascara, I get a gorgeous sparkly shimmer that makes for a neutral but shimmery eye. I don't experience any chalkiness, but the texture is a bit strange. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to disagree with the other reviewer who said NARS night star was a better version of this. I actually think that this is a better version of NARS night star. The two colors are very similar. However when I put on night star it turned sort of brownish and I couldn't see any of the shimmer that I saw in the pan. This shadow however goes on nice and sheer and I can actually see the sparkles (which are nice and tiny, not big and chunky and tacky). At almost half the price, I'd take this over the NARS any day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xomchxo

I love this color! It's neutral, which is what I wanted, but it has a nice shimmer that isn't override with my sparkly eye liner and mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by vfxgirly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the sample from the goldrush gift bag as well. In the pan this is very pretty, a peachy gold with shimmer, it looks similar to Nars Night Star. I tried one on each eye to compare, and while the Night Star went on sheer and shimmery, the Buttered Popcorn went on kind of chalky and matte with very little shimmer. The color showed up as sort of a dull yellowish peach on my neutral toned PPP skin. It's not awful, but it's not nearly as pretty as it is in the pan. I will keep it in my travel bag and eventually use it up, but even though the Nars is nearly twice the price I will probably repurchase it instead of this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Adnegveill3635

I also got this free. I was really hoping this would be great shadow - but it's not. Looked so pretty in the little pot but when I put it on it was just gold glitter. It got all over my face and was hard to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by auroraleigh

Mine also came in the Sephora goldrush gift bag. The peach/tan shade is too warm for my eyes; the gold micro-glitter is neat (the first glitter eyeshadow I've ever owned) but sprinkles everywhere over my face. Fades from my eyelids within a couple of hours. I'm keeping it around because I like how it looks in my 4-pan, but probably won't use it again any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ara133

I too received this as a sample from Sephora. It's not terrible, but not so interesting/pretty that I would purchase it in the future. I usually put it on with a wet brush, the glitter seem to stay on better that way. As one reviewer mentioned, it turns my lids into sort of a tan shade with some glitter. It's not an ugly tan, but nothing particularly flattering to my skin tone either. I'm pale with cool undertones & blue eyes. I do find that by putting it on wet the glitter does stay better, but nothing very remarkable here.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2004 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also received this product free from Sephora. It's the first Hard Candy eye shadow that I've tried. It is a very glittery shade, but it is not very pigmented. The texture is not as nice as other eyeshadows. The product seems to fade very quickly. I have used it to tone down some of my "harsher" colored eyeshadows, and for this use it is great. I am not sure if I would purchase it.