Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract (1)*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (1), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene, Linalool , Fragrance (Parfum) (1) Certified Organic Ingredient ,* Also known as Gotu Kola Extract (updated: 5/4/2012)

on 8/31/2015 4:43:00 PM

I purchased this because I ran out of my usual moisturizer and am now on a budget. I like the natural ingredients and that it is oil-free since my skin is on the oily side and is acne prone. I used this before bed and noticed a little goes a long way. When I woke up, my skin was super oily. I used a small amount after my shower and applied my usual primer and foundation and it just looked absolutely horrible. It wouldn't blend and seeped into my pores. No matter how much I tried to blend it just would not. Ive never had this problem before. So i washed it off and tried a sample trial size moisturizer that I received from a friend and used my primer and my foundation blended like normal. I will be returning this product.

on 7/18/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

this product sits too heavy on my oily skin, especially in hot weather. i re-used it as a body moisturizer.

on 6/20/2015 2:18:00 PM

It leaves a bit greasy surfice despite of oil free,smells kind of nice but not huge fan of it.

on 5/21/2015 8:17:00 PM

I was so excited to try this, but it stung my face and irritated the sides of my nose (I don't have sensitive skin). It also made me break out horribly on my forehead. Trashed it.

on 5/19/2015 8:21:00 PM

I was disappointed by this moisturizer. I'll start with pros first: no shiny or oily look, and didn't break me out. However, it's not very effective compared to some oil-based moisturizers (my hg Nivea Creme for example). It doesn't seem to moisturize at a very deep level, so it doesn't help dehydrated patches or fine lines. Also, it is very heavily perfumed. It's not a bad smell, but perfumes are unnecessary in moisturizer and usually irritate the skin...which brings me to my last con: it stings when I first apply it! It's not long lasting irritation, but I don't take it as a good sign. I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/6/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- amazing for dry / super dry skin
- goes on easily
- makes skin feels very smooth

CONS:
- might not be best for oilier skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Thanks to redhead jane and this site I found the perfect moisturizer for my oily/break out prone sensitive skin!
I LOVE this stuff! I'm 35 and I've always had trouble with moisturizers breaking me out or just being so greasy they make my makeup slide right off. This stuff moisturizes my skin without leaving it greasy or clogging my pores. I'm so pleased with it, and I'm now on my second bottle. This scent doesn't bother me, it's light and refreshing. I highly recommend this product, and I will keep buying it. The only downside is the packaging, both lids on my bottles cracked on the side, but oh well. I love what the product does and it's affordable too.

on 2/10/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Lovely scent and it is a very light moisturizer. Perfect for applying on face - it provides some moisture and helps apply the face powder evenly. So far it has not caused any breakouts on my skin.

I am a fan of the scent. Absolutely clean and mild!
This comes in a jar and dipping in the same jar is a bit unhygienic but I use a glass rod to scoop out the cream.

on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I do believe this is one of my favorite moisturziers so far. I love how a little goes a long way, and it is absolutely perfect for my horrendously dry skin.

The texture of this is really interesting and fun to work with.

on 9/15/2014 7:20:00 AM

This moisturizer is great for my acne prone skin. It doesn't make me break out. If I stop using it and then use it again I notice that it gives a nice glow to the skin. It is pretty pricey for a drugstore product and tub lotions can be slightly unsanitary so those are my only drawbacks.