August 29, 2014 | 1770 users online

Mascara - Stila - Lash Visor (New- Fall 2004)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lash Visor is a decent mascara. It has a nice brush that is on the smaller side, but it is easy to control and is great for length. I usually use another mascara on top of it because I like my lashes full, and this doesn't completely do that on its own.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by greenemma

Mascara is pretty much the only item of make up I consider to be essential (followed by cover up!). I wear it every day, and rarely take it off so I have high expectations for mascaras that I use.

I was looking for a new mascara and read good reviews for this so bought the waterproof version as I prefer them. Overall there aren't many negative things about the mascara, but I still don't love it! The packaging is simple, which is fine with me. The mascara has no smell at all which I find a bit odd. The brush isn't quite as big as I would like but it tapers at one end which I do like. The mascara consistency is dry so it can be a bit challenging to apply, especialy when it comes to the second coat, Having used dry mascaras before I find they don't last beyond 2 months, and need to be replaced far more regularly than other mascaras. This mascara is completely waterproof which is a massive plus. There are no streaks, smudges, nothing even when I put my face under the shower head. And yet it comes off relatively easily with make up remover. I find that the mascara does flake a bit, but that's mostly at night and the flakes are dry so wipe away easily.

Overall I would say this is a good mascara but not a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by amandaanouluc

This product is very good for the daytime. It lengthens your lashes enough that it doesn't look as dramatic. The color is very black and the the wand bristles are good. This product doesn't clump unless you reapply it over and over. I recommend two coatings for this. This mascara stays on for a long time, get a good make-up remover for this. As for the packaging, it was very simple and too plain. Also, it is a good size to keep in my pocket.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this since 2004 or 2005 and I can't believe how much I love this mascara! I've been a Dior Maximeyes fan for a long time and thought I'd never find anything comparable. Well, I did. not only is this mascara better than Maximeyes, it's less then 1/2 the price!

For regular every day all I need is to curl my lashes and apply one coat. (I use 2 coats for a more dramatic evening look.) That's it. My lashes come out long, separated, defined and they stay curled all day and night until I remove my makeup. This has never flaked, smudged or given me spider lashes. I seriously can not say enough good things about this product. The one and only drawback is that it's not the easiest to remove. A good makeup remover is needed for this.

ETA: Sephora Waterproof EyeMakeup Remover (not the FACE brand, but Sephora Collection) takes this off with ease!!!!!!!! (and it's cheap!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by shiaobundan

Very surprised. I usually hate Stila Mascaras (have tried 3 other formulas, all TERRIBLE). This one is great. It lengthens and curls well, although it could do a bit better with thickening. Doesn't smudge or flake. I like the brush and the packaging as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara in a Stila giftset that Costco was selling. I have been searching for a good mascara since I was 15 and I didn't have any expectations for this mascara. I bought the kit for the eyeshadows and the brush. I tried the mascara out and had planned on giving it away to my niece because I was sure I would be disappointed in it, like I usually am with 99.9% of the mascaras I try. Well this mascara was different. It coated my lashes well and made them look much longer. I don't have a problem with last thickness but I do have a problem with my lash length. This mascara made my lashes super long. It's a great black color, it didn't come out grey or chalky looking. What I liked best about this mascara is that it didn't clump but it wasn't thin either. I have been using great lash by maybelline for years just because it's so thin that it doesn't clump on my lashes but it tends to smear. The Stila mascara didn't clump or smear and it applied perfectly to my bottom lashes. It made them thick at the base and long at the ends giving me a doll eyed effect, not the creepy doll eyed effect, a good one. I don't usually like waterproof mascaras but this one has changed my mind, it's not dry at all. I was able to remove it fairly easily with philosophy face wash. I will definitely buy this again. It's my new favorite mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked this mascara, it made my lashes longer darker and more beautiful, but after a month or two it started to clump and the bristles on the brush were not standing up anymore, they were flat on the wand. So I added a little drop of water, in case it was drying out and it did not help. I still use it now, but I'm not so happy with it. I didn't even buyt it that long ago, I know you are supposed to throw out mascaras after 3-6 months, I haven't even had it that long and I feel like I should throw it out already. I didn't even use it everyday. The bristles on the brush are really weak and soft.
I really wanted to like this mascara, but I guess it wasn't in the cards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It lasts long and lengthens my lashes. The black color is very pigmented, I just wish it thickened as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good quality mascara. Volumizing, non-clumping, nice effect. Stays on, no smudging. Hard to get off but I don't mind since it does the job. It's not my HG, though. I'll keep looking for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Stila gift of appreciation kit at sephora about a month ago. I didn't have any expectations for this mascara as the kit itself was so inexpensive and figured the reason would most likely be that the products were minimal quality at best. I was so wrong! Each product is awesome, I'm still shocked the kit is so inexpensive (still on sale on the Sephora website) ANYWAY, back the mascara, it's awesome. it makes my lashes CRAZY long and thick, it's officially beaten my lashblast mascara in regards to it's ability to provide amazing results for my lashes. Would highly recommend, I'm not sure if they even have this product available individually as I found it here stating it was a 2004 item. Either way, it's great!