December 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Conditioner - Frederic Fekkai - Glossing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm normally a Suave/low end hair girl, so you can imagine my surprise when I used this conditioner yesterday. Wow. I got two full shampoos out of the sample packet and hair behave! followed up with all of the entire packet of the conditioner. I could tell a few things right away - there was lots of slippage, which was great. Lots of silicone, which I like because it makes my hair behave and dry very quickly. This is no supermarket brand.

Well, of course not because it's all French and fabulous, right? The conditioner rinsed out t clean but lightly moisturized. I followed up with a little argan oil and it dried within minutes and once I smoothed it out with a not flat iron, it shone like glass. I don't get that level of shine with Suave. I just don't. The system definitely works with a hot iron to turn the hair into gloss. It did everything it said it would. After tying my hair down with a satin scarf, it looks just as fresh as it did yesterday. I could not place the scent - all I know it smells subtle, fresh and green.

I found a small starter kit on Amazon which I immediately put on my list. It was < $20.00 so I will just start from there before I think about the full sizes, which are running $20.00 each US. These products are fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this shampoo and conditionner combo by mail, by Target I think. First of all, I like the smell of this product. Like another reviewer said, it's light and green, something like bamboo or grass and soft yellow flowers. The smell is not at all overwhelming, but just light and clean! I like it a lot.

This shampoo and conditionner combo made my hair shiny and soft without beign overly greasy. I liked the way it made them feel, and I would purchase is eventually. It's a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this conditioner (and the matching shampoo) in a recent LuxeBox. It smells nice, and I was impressed with how quickly it smoothed out my tangles. But, I was very unhappy with how my hair looked once dry. It was very limp and flat, and just didn't look good on my wavy/curly hair.

I have a number of styling products that I rotate through, and I tried them all on different days to see if maybe it was just a mismatch, but my hair looked equally flat every time. That is quite the feat, as I can not recall ever having flat hair without using my flat iron!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Leave my hair a little weighed down. Will only buy in a pinch

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this product. On one hand, I love the shine that it gives to my hair. In the other hand, it's a poor conditioner and is quite expensive. The product smells of melon and has a hint of lemon, it's barely there. When I use this in my hair, it adds shine, but not that much. That is it's only thing I enjoy about this conditioner. This product really sucks as a moisturizer for hair. I have to use a ton just to be able to slide my brush through my hair. It's also very expensive, I'm glad I found it in a $25 kit from Costco. Many drugstore products will do the same job as this, and better. I prefer my John Frieda repair conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

Out of this entire thread I have the dumbest reason for switching to the glossing shampoo and conditioner, but am the gladdest I did. My long, frizzy hair is tamer, day by day I see it. My waves and curls are appearing, as nature intended them to be at their best. I shampoo every second or third day, and condition each day with a cool rinse. This routine I held with my previous line, L'Occitane Ultra Rich with Shea, and I thought my hair WAS at its best. Vanity, however, turned me away as I wanted my bottles to match my bathroom tiles. I know, I know... but my medicine cabinet has already been in line for so long that I figured that I should just give in.
I naturally dry my hair, and from first use I saw the difference. More curls found each other, everything just felt softer. Each time it dries I think "it's actually happening".
The scent is nothing to write home about, but I like that it's one of the milder ones, a bit grassy, and somewhat akin to a green tea perfume I've smelled before. Whenever I'm not sure that little bit has gone the long way, I sniff my locks and am always reassured.
The only downfall is the bottle cap doesn't unscrew. When it comes down to that last bit I'll just have to pop it open somehow.
I really could have gone with a cheaper brand, and I don't exactly fall for the hype, for if I did, I'd still be trying with Pantene like a 15 year old.
Edit: to open the bottle I was holding the ornamental ring, which would turn and turn... the cap obviously does unscrew ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by glamourkills63

I got this in a kit with the glossing shampoo and glossing creme for $25, which is a great price for three higher quality products. While I wouldn't use this shampoo/conditioner combo every day, it is great for once weekly or every other week usage. I always get comments on how shiny my hair is after I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How I love this conditioner. I love this conditioner so much that I keep buying it even though it's not really meant for my type of hair/scalp. I have long, straight and heavy hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. I only use this on the ends of my hair though, if I were to use this on my scalp I would look greasy the minute I step out of the shower I bet. I use this on days where I know I have to run out the door and let my hair air dry because I know it will look amazing! This smooths my hair so well and makes it shine like crazy! I also really love the smell of this conditioner. Every time I use this, I get compliments on how healthy and shiny my hair looks! I imagine this would be great for people with drier and duller hair. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

having used almost every brand of shampoo and conditioner i decided to try frederic fekkai and have been so pleased with my results so far!

what i like about this conditioner:
consistency
texture
smell
amazing smell
hair is glossy, shiny, and super soft

what i dislike about this conditioner:
i wish the bottle was bigger!
expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by hello_jamie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is so good it makes me forget how coarse and crazy my natural hair is.
I love the entire line of glossing hair care (as well as Fekkai's Shea butter line which is in the yellow packaging.) It's so expensive but I don't even care, I'll shop at Salvation Army and Garage sales and save my pennies for this stuff! Hair is my most important accessory! My best tip is looking for it at TJ Maxx, where it is 50% cheaper. Also Costco sometimes sells a boxed kit of the shampoo/conditioner/styling cream, which is also a good deal.

Update: After using a drugstore brand for a month, my hair started to turn into literal fried hay, so I have started weekly coconut oil masks and went back to my beloved Fekkai gloss line. After only two weeks, my hair looks 10x better. It feels soft and looks shiny....noticeably shiny!