September 20, 2014 | 1713 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Talons Aguilles

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by elizaglzz

Let me start off by saying that I DO have long and full looking eyelashes, so pretty much anything I put on will look good on them. Now, the thing that really got me with this mascara (and that I find amazing about it) is the fact that no matter how many coats you apply it will not clump at all!! To me that just made all the difference, I've been using it every single day for about 5 months now, and I honestly love it ♥ It gives my lashes a very natural beautiful look with zero clumps. I have and I will continue repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Pros:
- No Clumping
- No Smudging
- Gives Volume

Cons:
- No Length
- No Curls, even if you use eyelash curler, the curls dont last
- Dries slowly

Overall:
Bourjois products are usually a hit and miss with me. This product for example was nothing special. I hate the fact it dries soo slowly, and everytime when I apply mascara I always feel the need to sneeze and its always been the case with me.
Would I buy it again? Nope

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good daytime mascara as it never clumps or flakes on me. It has a subtle effect but tends to disappear by the end of the day.

I got this really cheap but I wouldn't pay the full RRP for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by popejohn3rd

I bought this in Bleu Manolo. I am disappointed. I will not purchase anymore Bourjois Paris as I had their disco clubbing blue and it was awful. The only good thing about Bleu Manolo is the pretty coke bottle looking container it comes in. The mascara does not lengthen, thicken or even show up that blue. Someone has to be "thisclose" to your face to even notice you have mascara on let alone notice the blue. A waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SpringDancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara promises to lengthen and curve your lashes. For me - it has some lengthening effect, but I can't see any curving effect on my already-long-yet-very-straight lashes. Separates the lashes nicely. A nice look for everyday, but as I am still looking for a mascara that actually curves, I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by knittingthrough

At the moment, I am far from having found a mascara that I really like. Anyway, I tried a lot of mascaras and this was the one which gave me more curl. Not much volume or lengthening, though, unless I put 3 layers. Can clump a bit, not terrible but not perfect either.

I like it, but still need the hot curler afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

good little fibres which add length. but like a lot of other reviewers, not too bad, but not good enough to make me run out and buy again. brush is too long and doesnt make it any easier to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

Not bad. but...wont buy it again. Hate the brush, its a long spoolie style. this makes it difficult to realy coat your lashes. pretty good for getting lashes at your outer corners. Really nothing to rant OR rave about. Pass on this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Not bad. Not great.

Excellent colour in the tube - true brown with slight bronze glints. Just looks brown on the lashes, especially once one has applied enough for it to show (pale lashes).

Reasonable formula - didn't clump, run, smudge, irritate eyes, etc. Lashes were somewhat defined (as they are with nearly any mascara), but nothing dramatic. But dry and stiff (compared to Maybelline Full & Soft or Clinique Naturally Glossy/Long Pretty).

Bad brush: too big - too long and too thick; bristles too short and sparse. Result: one can't get right down to the lash roots (I do obsess about this, but feel entitled to do so as I am a redhead) or catch all the little corner lashes.

I may keep this, and try using it with another brush - a good old one, cleaned up etc. - in case the dryness is down to brush rather than formula. If it's the formula, Talons is out! But I'm giving it a second chance, as this is such a good colour, and there are so few good browns out there at normal human prices.

UPDATE: it's in the bin. I tried this out with a Glossy brush (cleaned etc. etc.), and achieved a similar mediocre and dry result to previous efforts with the Talons' own brush. I'll be sticking to the Glossy.

Other notes: Bourjois are cruelty-free + the mascaras are not perfumed. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Roby

Since I'm a sucker for a TRUE brown mascara, I saw this and immediately picked it up. The label says lengthening and curving mascara. It did neither! The only good thing about it was the color, it is a TRUE brown.