October 25, 2014 | 1839 users online

Moisturizers - MD Forte - Replenish Hydrating Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by MsFernandez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Edit: It appears MD Forte is phasing this out and redistributing it under their new "Vivite" line. I just bought my first jar of the Vivite, hopefully it's exactly the same.

I've been using the MD Forte line for about 13 years now (ever since my derm recommended it when I was a teen and started having break outs.) I have never been disappointed with any of their products and this is no exception. Ive tried everything from olay, eucerine, aquaphor, cerave, cetaphil, clearasil, clean & clear, korres, boscia, Mario badescu, natural oils... I could go on and on and on, but this is the ONLY moisturizer I've ever used that doesn't break me out. It feels so rich and silky on my face, you only need a tiny amount. To me its totally worth the price, as is most of the rest of the MD Forte line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My second jar in two years and I still use this cream faithfully. The slippery texture is pleasant and it is very emollient. Soothes and calms and gets rid of redness and flakes almost instantly. Combining this with the cream/lotion this past year has made a tremendous difference that I can see. Makeup looks good and I use so much less now. Thinking of adding eye rejuvenation cream to the regiment next.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

This cream is awesome as a night cream or if you have very dry or sensitive skin and in the winter. I have used it in conjunction with the MD Forte glycolic cream and also with Retin-A and it really helps to counteract the redness, dryness and sensitivity you get when using those stronger products. Also it has never caused breakouts for me despite being so heavy. But now that winter is over it is way too much moisture for me-it is chock full of silicones that create a slippery feel. If you aren't dry don't even think of using it in the day because it could make your skin feel and look very sticky and yucky-especially in our humid climate-though in Colorado where I lived before it rocked. I have used it from time to time over the years and I would probably repurchase at a later date maybe when wintertime comes back around or I feel the need again but for now I am in love with the Jurlique Soothing Day Care Lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

Good basic moisturizer. I don't like that it comes in a jar and its too expensive. if I can't find anything better, i.e. not as expensive, I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dhm999

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is very good, the best way to use this is to place an amount in your palms, massage and allow the heat to turn this balm into a liquid moisturizer, it can be used on your entire face including eyes, and it keeps a glow to your skin. It doesn't make my acne prone skin break out unlike some other products and the amount of anti-oxidants is much higher than other brands. The big drawback is the price nearly $50 for a 2 ounce is too high, more like $30 is fair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this from my derm to use in conjunction with Tazorac cream at night. it's made my the same company, Allergan so i heard they worked well together. The jar lasted me a solid three months of using every night. I found it a little greasy for day wear but for night it was perfect. Since it was so expensive i didn't buy it again immead but now that winter is upon us I think i'll buy it again for cold nights. It was non-greasy feeling and went on smoothly, i didn't particularly like the 'cones feeling but i'll get over it. the cream itself worked VERY nicely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I repurchased this cream twice. It was very good when my face was really dry , no fragrance, but it does clog your pores if you have combination skin like mine.You can use it only at night because it is too rich under foundation. I may repurchase in "emergency" dry skin only.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by seh075

i have awful acne prone skin and started using this product while on accutane as recommended by my derm. it is a nice feeling product that didn't break me out (although hard to tell since i had a 3 month purging breakout on accutane). i used this in the winter months and found it not quite moisturizing enough. you might want to mix it with another moisturizer in winter. i think my skin wasnt mositurised enough while on acutane since im left with heavy dented scarring :(
but if you have decent normal skin i bet this stuff would make your skin glow. it is full of vitamins and other good stuff. it is very pricey for a tiny jar though....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by bijouxqueen

A fabulous, elegant, silky cream that is fragrance free and very kind to sensitive skin. Great used in conjunction with Retin-A! I only wish that the packaging was a pump (like the eye rejuvenation treatment) that protected the product against contamination. Why don't the packaging people get that?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ppandb

The Replenish Hydrating Cream saved my skin this past winter. Although I have combination skin, in the winter my skin tends to get dry patches and some flakiness. My Shiseido sunscreen and Avene Retrinal can worsen my winter skin. I used this cream, which I would better describe as a balm, every other night (alternating with the Avene). It is incredibly hydrating, without ever being heavy or greasy. Glides on smoothly and absorbs well. I would also use it after any physical exfoliation or mask; it feels soothing. It's only downfall for me, is that I wish it had less 'cones in the ingredients - however, it's presence never bothered my skin. I would recommend this for all skin types, and to use in place of your retinoid treatment. would buy again.