January 29, 2015 | 1968 users online

Shampoo - Redken - All Soft Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Hexena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the past, I have tried SO many different shampoos and conditioners. I tried the all soft about 7 years ago and will not use anything else! Its great stuff! My hair feels nice and clean, not weighed down and feels amazingly soft. I couldn't live without this shampoo. I use it with the all soft heavy cream conditioner as well. Perfect match!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 2:20:00 PM More reviews by geekymakeup

I see alot of people complaining about this shampoo. I was very skeptical about this product and stayed clear of it. My husband bought this as a gift. I normally daily use the Body Full line of products to give my oily baby fine hair some life. I hot roll my hair everday and once a week I will use the Redken Moisture shampoo and conditioner to give it some softness. I have natural curly hair in the back with straight hair in the front. I always have tangles in the back of my neck area that drives me crazy. Then came ALL SOFT into my life.

I tried the All Soft and I was amazed. It really did leave my hair soft and it was flowing in the air like I was a super model in a TV commercial. My girlfriend touched my hair and was "Wow it is so soft!" I was able to run my hands through the curly hair at the back of my neck. I CAN NEVER DO THAT. This is a very rich formula. Make sure to use a tiny amount for the thickness of hair. When I say tiny, I mean it. I use like barely 1/4 teaspoon for my hair. Then condition with All Soft. I made the mistake of using about 1 tablespoon and that was way too much. Moderation is key with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 10:41:00 PM More reviews by yastim15

For anyone out there looking to try something new, dont use this product. Although i would recommend this for someone with really really dry or super brittle hair other than that dont use this if you have medium dry hair. I dont have oily hair but i have been using this shampoo for the past 2 months and its made my hair super oily. my scalp is always itchy and its not because i dont wash it it gets dirty and oily witn 2 days i definitely thought this product would fix the frizziness of my hair but i didn't see any improvement.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

I remembered hearing good reviews about the All Soft products, so I decided to purchase the shampoo and conditioner. I usually buy the cheaper brand shampoos and conditioners, so I was excited to splurge a little and get quality ones! I expected soft, clean and beautiful hair. The actual result that I got was not at all what I expected. It didn't clean my hair nearly enough. After a few days of use I noticed my hair started building up an oily residue. Also, it didn't smell so great. I love good smelling shampoos!The only positive was the fact that it didn't strip my hair completely and dry it out, but it didn't really clean it either, so even that one positive isn't really a positive in the end. It's a shame because I had high expectations, but I will definitely not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by annemaritor

I've tried maaaaany shampoos/conditioners, and I had quite high hopes for this one. Redken is a brand that is recommended among hairdressers. I have bleached long hair, and this shampoo did nothing too it. I didnt felt my hair got clean, and it doesnt do anything for my damaged hair. I would not buy this again-

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mferreira

Definitely this is the worst shampoo that i have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Edn495

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this product is amazing! i have dry damaged hair from bleaching it white! this makes my hair soft, manageable and even shiny!! would definitely recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Krysty1018

Best shampoo and conditioner I have EVER used! Wish it made my hair smell better but I can overlook that because of how amazing it makes my hair feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by geenaholding

I have long, rather coarse blonde hair that is naturally wavy and a little frizzy. This shampoo smells really good, kind of like peaches, but it's a really mild scent that doesn't last outside of the shower. It makes my hair super soft and manageable! It does contain sodium laureth sulfate (which is milder than sodium lauryl sulfate, something you should definitely avoid), but I find that it is necessary to clean my hair properly. If you use lots of hair products, you may find that your hair actually gets shinier after using a sulfate, because it gets rid of product buildup effectively. I use the shampoo and conditioner every two days, replacing the conditioner with a hair mask twice a week, and I use mousse and hair oil before blow-drying my hair, and that makes my hair really soft and shiny. I haven`t tried All Soft before the ingredient change so I can`t comment on that, but it worked really well for me so you should still give it a go!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Redken has been making shampoo and conditioner forever, I think they got this one right. I have been using drug-store level products for years, from the most expensive types ("salon-quality") to the cheapest. I have also tried on 2 attempts to "no-poo" and "co-wash". Wasn't working for me. I have shoulder-length, medium texture naturally wavy hair that looks best when I straighten it. Waves aren't good enough to be "beachy" no matter how much encouragement I give it. Finally, in my 49th year, I splurged on the Redken All Soft line of shampoo and conditioner. This review is just for the shampoo, but I wanted ya'll to know I use the All Soft conditioner too.
I bought this way back in April at ULTA, on sale of course! (that was 5 months ago from this review today). I wanted to use the line for awhile to see if my hair improved with time using this product consistantly. Did my hair improve? Yes. The shampoo is a thick, creamy, consistancy, honey-like scented . A little bit goes a long way, as it should, being a salon product at that price point. I can use about a nickle-size dollop, start shampooing, then add a little bit on water to my head and really spreads the shampoo out and makes it easier to massage in. I leave it on for a couple minutes, then rinse. I follow with AllSoft conditioner. So, yes, I say my hair is improved..but I also use another Redken product, Cleansing Cream, about every other shampoo. The Cleansing Cream is supposed to get rid of excess product and help cleanse hair that is washed in hard water, which is the only reason I use it. So, for you to get a true picture of the results, I wanted to give you all the details. How is my hair improved? Its soft (of course!), holds style better, stays cleaner longer, (and when I say stays cleaner, I mean it, because I'm a runner and I sweat alot in the Florida heat, but I don't want to/HAVE to wash my hair after every run.) and I think it looks smoother and nicer when I do the full monty of blow-dry, straighten, and smoothing serum regimen. I end up shampooing my hair about 3 times a week, usually works out to twice a week with AllSoft.
Because I only use such a small amount, I'm not even near half-way thru my bottle. Maybe 1/3 way thru. Its lasting me forever. Well worth. Other shampoos (Loreal Ever-something, I'm looking at you) only last 3 or 4 months and they don't even work that well.
I'm just so pleased I finally ponied up the cash for grown-up shampoo. I'm even going to give my daughters this shampoo set for Christmas, its that good.