April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Shampoo - Redken - All Soft Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by dalebug

I really enjoy this product. I have fine,wavy medium length highlighted hair that is easily tangled and can be oily at the scalp if I don't shampoo every other day. I really love the softness and "cush" it makes my hair feel like even without styling products or blowdrying. I see that others like the smell, but I can barely smell it, which normally I would take points off if it weren't such a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by batyah

This shampoo literally transforms my hair. I have very thick frizzy hair (that I straighten) and after using this and the cond it is so so so soft and shiny. My HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I began using this shampoo (along with the All Soft conditioner) when I thought I had a bunch of split ends or something going on in my hair. I am usually not a person who can achieve 2nd day hair due to my baby fine yet thick hair becoming super oily. So I would wash daily, strip the hair of natural oils, and my scalp would work overtime replenish the moisture and would result ultimately in oily scalp/hair. It was a vicious cycle. The only way I could ever get to the 2nd day without washing was if I used a dry shampoo spray and that made my hair feel sticky and dirty. SO -- enter this duo after being recommended by a SA at Ulta. All Soft really is a perfect name for it because after ONE use I could tell a difference in the way my hair felt. Combing after my shower was a breeze, my hair wasn't tangled, and after a little spritz of heat protectant, my hair blow dried to be SO SOFT and shiny and manageable. I have the softness that I love, the shine that is noticeable and the great thing is that my hair doesn't seem weighed down or greasy. The only negative thing I can say is that it sure could smell better. It's not that it smells bad or anything...it just doesn't smell much at all. As of right now, I would repurchase. Update: after one month of continual use, I am very impressed. My hair has tolerated this gentle shampoo and conditioner very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by emilydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am using the Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner now and it has really done my hair some good. I had frizzy hair before and since using this, my hair has been nice. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

I have fine, color treated hair that can get oily at the roots, but is dry at the ends. I found this on super-sale at Penney's, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm glad I did -- because it is a nice combo that really does result in super-soft hair without greasy hair forming on hour two (a typical problem with products that promise softness).

It has a delicate honey scent that doesn't linger, which is good because perfumes give me headaches. It also seems to clean decently, and is not too harsh on my damaged ends. The real bonus is the keratin complex that is probably why my hair feels so baby soft (seriously kids -- time I stress the softness. The first time I used this, I kept twirling my hair all day at work because it felt so wonderful). It really does what it says it will.

The only drawback is that I wish it was dimethicone free. I haven't noticed a huge reduction in shine even with the cones in it, so that is a good thing, but my hair seems to respond just slightly better when they aren't present.

Bottom line: All Soft is a great line that really does live up to it's name -- softens hair like woah, doesn't build up grease easily, and is suitable for daily use. Will be repurchasing for my arsenal when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

My hair is the driest of the dry from an unfortunate coloring incident and this stuff really gives a full effort to pump moisture back into it. I would imagine that someone with not so severely damaged hair would consider it a total HG. I used it in conjunction with the mask and when combined it seems to at lease reduce breakage by a good 30% or so. I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo made my scalp flake, and that is not typical for me. I also found my hair to be very tangled while rinsing it out - not cool. The scent is nice, but that's about the best thing I can say. For the price, I need a product that performs much better than this. There are drugstore shampoos that deliver far superior results at a fraction of the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have wanted to try this shampoo along with it's matching conditioner for about two years now. I'm a person who never purchases salon hair products. In fact the only other time I purchased salon products was several years ago when I purchased the original matrix sleek and smooth and I was not impressed. But the Redken All Soft really caught my eye. I have a lot of fine textured relaxed hair that tends to be on the dry and brittle side so I thought this would be prefect for my hair type. I did lots of research and I've read lots of reviews on how great it is on smoothing the hair and making it very soft and supple. So about a week ago I finally decided that I would give it a try because I have wanted to try it for so long. So then I did a little more research as to where I could purchase these products at a good buy. I finally settled on purchasing a 33.8 oz liter shampoo and conditioner duo at a local salon for $36. The woman at the salon was raving about what a good buy the duo is and how so many of her clients absolutely love it. I thought the price was a little steep but I was convinced that I was getting a great deal. And I was very excited to finally try these products.

My Experience: So I was super excited to finally try all soft. I hadn't been that excited to try hair care products in a very long time. Unfortunately I was very disappointed in the performance of these products. Let me explain why. I was expecting the shampoo to have a soft feel to it while I was washing my hair. The shampoo just feels like any ordinary shampoo that you would find in a drug store. Plus I'm not crazy about the scent. In the many reviews I have read many people describe the shampoo as having a soft present scent, but I just didn't care for the scent. To me the shampoo has somewhat of a sharp floral prefumy fragrance that I was not expecting a softening and smoothing shampoo to have if that makes any sense? The conditioner was not any better. It smells the same as the shampoo of course and I was seriously expecting a thick rich conditioner that would slide on like butter ok! But again it just felt like ordinary conditioner nothing special. I was still holding out hope that after blow drying my hair I would achieve the soft supple hair I was looking for. I was totally wrong! My hair was a dry, fuzzy, frizzy mess! My hair looked like a haystack! This shampoo literally sucked all the moisture from my hair and left it a hot mess! I tried the shampoo and conditioner a few more times hoping for a better result, but every time I got the same result, rough, dry, frizzy hair. I was so disappointed and I will not be finishing these huge bottles. I'm going to try and return them for a refund.

Final Thoughts: I was so bummed that the shampoo and conditioner that I had been living to try for so long did nothing but ruin my hair. Definitely not worth the hefty price tag at all. What a waste of good money. I recently read that Redken reformulated their all soft line leaving many long time users very disappointed with the new formula. From what I read the original formula was 100x better. I never tried the original formula but I wish I had the chance before the switch. I will be going back to my L'Oreal Evercreme which worked superbly on my brittle thirsty locks. I don't know why I ever strayed from evercreme in the first place. I thought with Redken being a professional salon brand that it would be even better and richer than what I was using. But as the old saying goes. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" lol. So I'm sticking with my Evercreme!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MsYukiusagi

I just got this shampoo two days ago but I really love it. It makes my hair feel so soft and silky after using it. It also have a pleasant scent as well. The price of it is a bit more expensive the the shampoo I normally use. It would have been even more expensive if I didn't get it on sale tho. The packaging of it is very simple but I would have prefer it if it has a pump with it more so it's more easy to get the product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by EmmaL101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SHAMPOO!!! For the past two years i have been getting foils in my naturally dark brown hair to make it blonde. I loved the colour but my hair was so unbelievably damaged that it was continually breaking and it had a horrible rough texture. Since using this shampoo my hair is back to being smooth and silky and i am happy again!