September 30, 2014 | 1897 users online

Shampoo - Redken - All Soft Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Redken has been making shampoo and conditioner forever, I think they got this one right. I have been using drug-store level products for years, from the most expensive types ("salon-quality") to the cheapest. I have also tried on 2 attempts to "no-poo" and "co-wash". Wasn't working for me. I have shoulder-length, medium texture naturally wavy hair that looks best when I straighten it. Waves aren't good enough to be "beachy" no matter how much encouragement I give it. Finally, in my 49th year, I splurged on the Redken All Soft line of shampoo and conditioner. This review is just for the shampoo, but I wanted ya'll to know I use the All Soft conditioner too.
I bought this way back in April at ULTA, on sale of course! (that was 5 months ago from this review today). I wanted to use the line for awhile to see if my hair improved with time using this product consistantly. Did my hair improve? Yes. The shampoo is a thick, creamy, consistancy, honey-like scented . A little bit goes a long way, as it should, being a salon product at that price point. I can use about a nickle-size dollop, start shampooing, then add a little bit on water to my head and really spreads the shampoo out and makes it easier to massage in. I leave it on for a couple minutes, then rinse. I follow with AllSoft conditioner. So, yes, I say my hair is improved..but I also use another Redken product, Cleansing Cream, about every other shampoo. The Cleansing Cream is supposed to get rid of excess product and help cleanse hair that is washed in hard water, which is the only reason I use it. So, for you to get a true picture of the results, I wanted to give you all the details. How is my hair improved? Its soft (of course!), holds style better, stays cleaner longer, (and when I say stays cleaner, I mean it, because I'm a runner and I sweat alot in the Florida heat, but I don't want to/HAVE to wash my hair after every run.) and I think it looks smoother and nicer when I do the full monty of blow-dry, straighten, and smoothing serum regimen. I end up shampooing my hair about 3 times a week, usually works out to twice a week with AllSoft.
Because I only use such a small amount, I'm not even near half-way thru my bottle. Maybe 1/3 way thru. Its lasting me forever. Well worth. Other shampoos (Loreal Ever-something, I'm looking at you) only last 3 or 4 months and they don't even work that well.
I'm just so pleased I finally ponied up the cash for grown-up shampoo. I'm even going to give my daughters this shampoo set for Christmas, its that good.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by frzzyandfrisky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair: oily roots, semi-damged, dry roots, un-tameable frizz, 3 cowlicks (not relevant but UGH), long and thin

What I wanted: Something that would make my hair soft, shiny and bouncy. I wanted it to tame my frizz and allow me to only wash my hair every second day.

What I got: For the first 3 weeks it worked great! my hair was soft, shiny and I noticed that it wasn't as frizzy! And then came the dreaded week four- greasy roots, dry ends and stringy, stringy hair. It''s overly shiny and a major confidence killer- and I've tried everything from showering every day to showering every couple of days to using and not using morracan oil and it all ended in the same result! It almost feels like theres a permanent film on my hair.

Next I'm definitely going to try a different shampoo and conditioner, I'm thinking the Joico Daily Care Balancing Shampoo and conditioner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really enjoy this shampoo quite a bit but am not a fan of the price tag. It makes my hair smell good(although not long) and makes it feel softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

LOVE this ive tryed many Redken products and i always love them all! All soft is one of my favs it makes hair shiny soft and healthy! Has no weigh down, light scent and creamy texture, its a absolute great shampoo and conditioner! I also like Blonde glam as well for you blondies out there! deff worth the price tag Redken never fails to make awesome hair products from stylers to shampoo and conditioners!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, where have you been all of my bleached, frazzled life? Love this shampoo & unlike most products that I love, but rarely re-purchase (due to my unfailing product addiction!) I will definitely be re-purchasing this. I have waist length, naturally curly, bleached blond hair, which is parched, dry & incredibly frizzy. This shampoo (used with the heavy cream afterwards) has rewarded me with silky smooth locks that looks salon great every day! I've honestly NEVER used a shampoo that leaves my hair soft enough to get a wide toothed comb through before I condition, in fact, my hair feels that good I almost believe I could get away without conditioning at all! It's certainly the first shampoo that I've had that I don't "need" the intensive conditioning of a mask afterwards & could just get away with the standard conditioner. I'm not going to, as I love the heavy cream too & why fiddle with perfection? But... I could! A miracle in a bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh.

I'm not a fan of this redone formula. The added protein may just be too much for my already dry hair but my hair does NOT feel moisturized. I only bought it for $10 but my cheap-o l'oreal total repair shampoo does a better job of keeping my hair feeling moisturized. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

My god how did I survive without this stuff? I have thin, dry hair. I also have psoriasis patches all over my scalp. This doesn't heal it, but it sure as hell helps it. It moisturizes without weighing it down, cleans without stripping, smells heavenly. I pick up the liter size bottles at Ulta when they put them on sale for $15 and it lasts me months. The conditioner is also fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Rashmithomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Redknen products. I used this even though my hairdresser warned me that it might be too heavy for my fine hair. I wash every day though so it wasn't too bad, although if you wash less than that I think it could make your hair lank and oily very quickly. My hair was soft and swishy and I really enjoyed the smell. My only problem is the cost; if it were slightly cheaper I would buy this all the time but as I mentioned, I wash every day so I need to be more economical. Still, I would definitely purchase as a splurge or maybe to alternate with my Schwarzkopf Gliss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by cosmogirll2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a cosmetologist and I use this product on myself. I love it, I have long blonde wavy hair that is super dry from being blonde. I would recomended this product to you if you have blonde, really dry, or thick unmanageable hair. If you have fine thin hair this product will be to heavy for you. If you have used this and experienced oily scalp and feel it's to heavy for your hair I would recommend maybe the redken moisture shampoo and conditioner it's in a light blue bottle it won't be as heavy but will give your hair the moisture it needs. Hope this helps you guys!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by alee094

I bought this product on a whim in a Sasa store. It was a complete impulse buy, but because I had heard of the Redken brand, I decided to pick it up.

I bought the newer formula with the new IPN (interlock protein network) which appears on the bottle. I then researched it online as soon as I got home. I was disappointed to find out that despite it's many rave reviews on its previous original formula, the newer formula had many disappointed customers who said that it was too heavy on their hair. I already have hair that oils very quickly and so I tend to wash my hair frequently and I don't use conditioner very often. I decided to give this shampoo a go anyway. And I am happy to inform that it works perfectly :) It's actually just right for my hair if I don't use conditioner with it. I often skip the conditioner step and will every now and then just do a mask treatment to give my ends a bit more softness. But this shampoo is relatively thick and it actually leaves my hair very soft too touch even without conditioner. I do feel though, that because of that, it is probably best used without conditioner or used with a very light conditioner. I think if paired with the same conditioner from the All Soft line, it would probably be too heavy on most people's hair.

It's a great stand-alone shampoo that I feel still manages to do a good job of cleaning my hair but leaving it well moisturised too even without conditioner.