September 19, 2014 | 1493 users online

Eye Shadow - Annabelle - Haute Chocolate Trio Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I have very fair skin, with a cool undertone and brown eyes. This set of colours together is just wonderful on and has the greatest colour payoff, and not just for department store! This set beats a lot of my other brands like MAC and others from Sephora. I paid about $12 Canadian for it from Shoppers and i'm very glad i did.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyday when I log on, I always see this on the side bar.. taunting me each time as if it was a sign for me to go buy it. I've read the reviews, time and time again, and I'd always bring myself not to try because I'm not a brown/neutral eyeshadow wearer. I love me some dramatic dark eyeshadow but realize i can't wear super dark eyeshadow everyday and it gets boring and I needed something to wear that is casual. This trio may look like a night time wear but to me this is a day time wear and it's absolutely stunning. The dark gold glitter deep brown is my favorite and dramatic enough to be casual for me. My least favorite would have to be the lightest color because the color doesn't suit me, looks ashy/chalky on my skin and is too dark to be a highlighter. The packaging is simple and easy to open (thank heaven for my nails.) The colors are super blendable, smooth and not super pigmented but pigmented enough. So my only gripe is that the lightest color should've been a highlighting shade for the brow bone, tear duct, cupids bow etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dirt Cheap, pigmented, smooth.

The lightest matte color is great for an all over wash, and the very dark brown is nice for the crease and lining when used wet.

Not a big fan of the upper left shade though, it has chunks of gold glitter in it :$

Canadian Belles, head to your nearest Superstore/Rexall/Loblwas/etc. and pick this up!

Also try Annabelle's BB Cream. It's really nice :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I'm a little surprised at the rave reviews for this trio, which IMHO is completely nothing special, and I'm a neutral-lover. First, the trio pictured is not Haute Chcolate. The 3 shades in the HC trio are all cool-toned browns, 2 mattes and one with perceptible glitter. The lightest shade is a pretty matte, pale mocha/taupe, too dark to be a highlight shade on my NC/NW 20-ish skin tone but workable as an allover lid shade. Annabelle makes a good single shadow close to this colour. The medium shade is a dark, matte chalky taupe-brown, and the darkest one is a sparkly, dark chocolate colour, again not the smoothest formulation. I have several shadow formulations, both drugstore and high end that blend far better. On my colouring--dark brown eyes, brunette, light, neutral-warm skin tone--they're not particularly flattering, plus I'd still need to add a highlight shade or something to lighten this up and keep it from looking muddy. They might work better on someone else, for me they're unremarkable in every way. I think it's worth sharing this in case someone with my colouring is wishing they could get their hands on these. Far better are the Annabelle eyeliners, which I love--particularly the Smoothliner in Bronze and Smudgeliner in Purple Storm.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got to jump on the bandwagon! I received this in a swap and couldn't be happier! It deserves all the raves it's gotten. Smooth, silky, highly pigmented and the colors are so gorgeous! If you live where this is available, and you like the colors, don't hesitate to pick this up. It's one of the best eyesahdow formulations I've ever tried. And the staying power is awesome. Fabulous little trio!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I noticed this was the highest rated eyeshadow. I had read the reviews a few weeks ago and almost bought it but thought it looked too much like several other brown, cream and taupe palettes I had. But, today I felt in the mood for something new to make me feel better after buying that disappointing L'oreal coral eyeshadow.

Well, I am in love with this! It goes on like a dream, it has highly pigmented brown and taupe shades that make contouring a breeze. Now I look fabulous again. Thanks, reviewers.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rarely use this as eyeshadow, but on my eyebrows as well as for contouring. I blend the two non-sparkly browns to fill in my brows or contour the sides of my nose. I bought this years ago and there's still lots of product left today so it's well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great find! I picked this up when I was wandering around the local Rexall, after I'd swatched a sample and was fairly impressed. A couple of years later, I'm still using this trio and it is just phenomenal!

Super understated browns, but together they make the most flattering look, not like someone just rubbed brown chalk on your eyelids, but they really make my eyes pop. The medium shade is my favourite for swiping on in a hurry, and the darkest shade is absolutely beautiful for the crease and lining. For the record, I am asian, tan with dark hair and dark eyes, but I think this trio would work for just about anyone. It also applies so smoothly, and lasts a decent amount of time. Incredible colour payoff, and really affordable too (I think I got mine for $2.99 on sale)

The one gripe I had was with the packaging, as I am pretty abusive when I'm travelling with my makeup - the plastic cover fell off. Pretty easily taped back on though, except now the packaging isn't as pretty (the packaging of these trios closely resemble the smashbox e/s trios, just with hinge lids instead of screw lids... which is good, because I prefer hinge tops), but I can deal with that! I'd give this 10/5 anyday, and buy again for sure! Canadian ladies, you have no excuse!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by burpqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every day, depending on my mood I can make a dramatic look or just a less dramatic look. All the colors are great for my skin tone and all in all I love this trio. It lasts all day for me even after being at school and work for the whole day! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by reemaleema

I love that these colours can be worn everyday as a neutral look OR as a gorgeous smoky eye.
It is the perfect palette for the beginner make up user or the seasoned make up artist.
The colour payoff is amazing especially for such a cheap price!

I have an olive skin tone in the summer and am a bit more fair year round and regardless of what tone my skin is, this trio works amazing on my face.
I can see how this would compliment someone with very fair skin and blue eyes would just POP with these colours.

Amazing palette, the colour payoff is amazing and therefore I never need a huge amount of eyeshadow.
For that reason, although I definitely would if need be, I don't see myself having to buy more any time soon.