Mary Kay Satin Lip Set (Mask and Balm)

4.3

on 8/11/2015 7:09:00 PM

This review is only about Satin Lips Lip Balm, which I've got for free from MK consultant. I love the packaging, you can squeeze out just a little drop which is enough for moisturizing whole lips, so no product wasting. It gives your lips nice silky feeling and an amazing glow finish!! Seriously that would be the best balm ever...BUT...I've got sensitive skin and my lips are burning within few minutes after applying. I tried this balm several times but sadly that happens all the time :( That's shame as I really wanted to love this product. Now I'm not sure if to wear it or not, I so do love the glow!

on 4/3/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In the past I would have given this five lipsticks, but that was before I figured out that I could achieve the same results at home, with more product at less of a cost. Don't get me wrong this product is amazing, pricey, but amazing. The mask makes your lips super soft and smooth, and gives them a healthy look. As for the lip balm it's not bad but I feel that you could take it or leave it, because I feel that you could just use a regular lip balm. Anyways when I said I could achieve the same results at home, I had meant that I discovered that regular sugar, water, and Vaseline/your trusted lip balm, do the same trick. There are many ways you can change up and combine the items above to get your perfect results, but basically you just want to exfoliate your lips with sugar, rinse with water, and apply Vaseline, or your favorite lip balm. For me this routine has given me the same exact results as if I were using this product. If you have never tried this product then I would definitely recommend trying it out just so you can see for yourself, but I just wanted to throw that bit of information out there, because it is the cheaper alternative that you could use for a much longer time.

on 1/14/2015 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this online after reading that a lot of celebs use it. I would never normally dream of paying as much as I did for a lip product but I suffer with very dry lips so thought I would give it a try. I have bought every lip balm going in the hopes of solving my problem but am yet to find anything that really does the trick. I use this before applying make up- whilst I wait for my moisturiser to sink in I apply the mask. I only ever leave it on for a minute or so then wipe off and apply the balm. I don't feel that the mask really exfoliates as much as I would like but it is a decent product- no foul smell or taste, no mess applicator, no unusual sensations/tingling or anything like that. The balm is lovely, very silky and smooth and does make some improvement to the feel of my lips. However, I would not say that the overall effect of the product matches the price. I will not be repurchasing this in the future as I would like to try an exfoliating lip scrub with a little more punch than this provides. That said, if you don't suffer that badly from dry lips but want a conditioning treatment and have the money to spend (around 20 for the set) then give it a try.

on 11/13/2014 2:09:00 AM

Maybe I used too much of this product when I tried it, but it made my lips feel like they had been sunburnt after using it... So yea now my lips burn. The balm was nice though. It seemed very moisturizing.

on 11/2/2014 11:57:00 PM

I tried this out at a consultant appointment that I went to for a friend, liked it and ended up purchasing it. I've made it about half-way through both tubes and I can honestly say that a washcloth and chapstick or eos work better. The mask does not exfoliate dead skin cells, at least not as much as I need it to, but I have been a notorious lip peeler when they used to get dry and chapped. And the lip balm does not soak it, it feels like olive oil on my lips and when I breath in the smell/taste (not sure the correct term for it) is stale-ish. If you have very sensitive skin/lips yeah the mask would work, as long as you didn't make peeling whole layers of the skin on your lips off. The lip balm, don't bother. It is slipperier than a wet bar of soap in a shower.

on 8/13/2014 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this years ago and it's OK but not a holy grail for the price. I prefer Beauticontrols "Lip A-Peel" better for exfoliation and I like alot of lip balms better than this.

That said, this is not a bad product and there are many worse on the market.
Ok but not a must-try for me and I won;t buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This review in only on Satin Lips Lip Balm, which is part of the Mary Kay Satin Lips two-step lip care system; I don't use the Lip Mask. The set is $18, but if you buy the lip balm alone, it costs $10. For my part, I like that it's "invisible" (clear) because it works with everybody & I don't want the added drama of wondering about colours when I'm seeking relief for dry, rough lips. This lip treatment has no fragrance & I didn't have any adverse reaction to any of its ingredients. Satin Lips Lip Balm is very soothing & moisturizing, but it's not long-lasting on my lips. If I do decide to wear it, I have to reapply it a few times. I think this lip treatment is essential to anyone's collection regardless of whether or not you buy/use the complete set.

on 3/8/2014 5:22:00 PM

I.m addicted to lip products , i think i spend 200$ in lips product every yrs , this satin lips is just normal to me , does'nt do anything special , and i'ts super greasy and melt idk , weird . but i like to put it when it's super cold outside anmd before i go to sleep ,

on 7/27/2013 5:28:00 PM

The mask is a good exfoliant, but it's drying. The balm is extremely runny and average. No long term moisturization here, and for the steep price, there ought to be. I've gotten better lip treatments at Walgreens for less money.

on 5/31/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

loved the exoliating mask, was not impressed with the balm. you can get this elsewhere for much less. $9.50 a tube is quite pricey. yes, it melts right into your lips & does soften but so does my tube of aquaphor.

Popular Lip Treatments