Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

4.5

NeoStrata 10AHA Ultra Smoothing CreamIngredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

on 7/24/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lotion in the hopes that it'll clear my back as I've been having back acne for years, sometimes it gets better but never goes away. I started to use this a week ago. Every night I asked my husband to apply it on my whole back after shower (and in shower I used a gentle brush to scrub my back). Just a few days later, it worked! I can't really see my back but the skin felt smoother and according to my husband, it also looked visably better as well with less breakouts and the old dark spot lighter.

I'll continue to use it on my back and look forward to the results in a couple of months!

on 7/17/2015 6:28:00 AM

I can't believe that this moisturizer has such good reviews! I bought it a month ago and I use it just three times. Second time my face broke out. I never had acne and my face was always clean. I just wanted a good exfoliator and I choosen Neostrata because was easy to buy it (close store to my house). I didn't check the ingredients before and this was a big mistake. After my face was full of pimples I verified every ingredient and almost half of them have high comedogenic risk ( all of them are in the first two rows, so the percent is big enough to cause trouble). Here are not so many reviews and not all of them are great, but is hard to believe that around 40 people are happy with this trash. My husband told me that is posible to be paid reviews and all the great reviews are just fake. Maybe he is right, maybe not, but take care what you buy and check ingredients before! My skin is not sensitive and I never had such a reaction 'till now. This was a lesson for me and I will never repeat the mistake.

on 5/1/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My God, what a product... I knew AHA works really well with my skin, but I didn't really expect results like these! I am using on and off since last summer a 10% AHA toner by Mey of Switzerland (a brand I can find only in Greece for some reason and I will review soon) and it's been doing wonders on my skin. Recently my skin went slightly off the rails after a quick visit to Athens in Greece (for some reason, this was the second time during the year that I visited Athens and my skin went berserk, no idea why!) and I though perhaps I should team my Mey toner with a good AHA moisturiser.
I've always wanted to try Neostrata as I though it will probably work well especially after seeing reviews here, and this cream was first on my list. So off I went, gave my precious 36 (ouch...) and hoped for the best.
I kid you not, within 1 week my little pimples on my forehead were gone, my previous acne scars are fading fast and I am now really tempted to use their AHA foam too, once I finish the one I am using.
At the moment I am using the Neostrata as a day cream with a 30 SPF on top (Shiseido's Urban environment) and I haven't experienced any dryness or irritation at all. It probably helps that my skin is used to high AHA because of the Mey toner, and my foaming cleanser (by a Greek dermocosmetics line called 'Frezyderm', will review soon too) also contains AHA, so overall I probably have a very good team. I am using the Mey toner at night with some Avene Triacneal on areas with pimples.
Absolutely HG product this Neostrata, and I will repurchase no matter how much it costs. It is really the first time that it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or what my hormones are doing, my skin looks fab!! I even stopped wearing makeup for the first time in my life, and I am 39!! Lovely product. Thank God for Neostrata!

on 3/23/2015 9:50:00 PM

Like many Neostrata/Exuviance acid products, this was too harsh for me. I overdid it on their exfoliants for a while and think I actually *caused* wrinkles. I've since switched to trying natural oils (like rosehip seed oil combined with sweet almond and avocado oils or shea butter), which have vitamin A and fruit acids but without the terribly drying effects. Posting here so maybe someone can learn from my mistakes. After consulting with an esthetician, I learned: don't use these or any AHAs during the day; use them only a few nights a week, alternating with repairing serums or retinol if you can tolerate it; and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. They can really dry out your skin. If you use them in moderation they can be amazing ... but don't overdo it or you'll end with up with irritated, aggravated, overdry skin like I'm now trying to fix! Sigh. (The best trick I've found for that, by the way: a Greek yogurt, honey, and avocado mask. Amazingly hydrating and soothing.)

on 10/30/2014 3:10:00 AM

I swear by this face cream. I have been using it for almost a decade now, from 19 to 28 and I literally have the same skin (also I use SPF in the day, everyday). I also smoke (not heavily) but I feel with this face cream keeps my skin young and helps with acne scars - the reason why I started using it. Definitely start with the lower level of glycol acid if your skin is not used to it and work your way up to the 10%. Do not use after waxing or threading it will burn!

on 8/28/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! I used the 10AHA Smoothing Lotion before but I like this a lot more (the lotion made me look very shiny and felt very oily).

I use this as a night cream and my skin is super smooth, the texture and tone is much more even and my skin is clear. I used to suffer from acne and still have some marks and scars. This doesn't help with the scars (I have a few small icepick scars on my cheeks) but does help with the marks.

I also like the anti-aging benefits (I'm 27). I think I'll be using this cream for many years!

I can sting a little bit, but I really don't mind it.

on 6/28/2014 6:35:00 AM

I have been using Neostrata for a few months now. I have been using the milder range of PHA's more suitable for sensitive skin but after using my last tube I decided to take the risk of upping the strength to a product containing glycolic acid. On first application it did sting a little bit but for a very short time, which I expected anyway. It is quite a rich cream which I like as I use it as a night cream. I am so glad I took the plunge as its the BEST cream I have ever used as far as visible results are concerned. My skin is clearer and smoother with less lines. It costs 30 for a 40ml tube which is an absolute bargain for something that actually works, a definite HG product for me.

on 6/6/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two jars of this now and I am in love. Seriously! I broke out a little bit for like a month when I first started using it, as I read was normal from other reviews, which was weird for me because I don't usually get pimples at all. But after that initial "detox" my skin is smooth, glowing, and youthful. I don't think I will ever stop using this!

on 5/18/2014 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great stuff, but too strong for me. Am using the ultra moisturizing cream which is gentle, but I worry the Evening Primrose oil might break me out. So I tried this, which my husband uses. I do like it. Be something I'd have to be careful with and use very little and be careful. But I don't tolerate AHAs well. So I think most people tolerate it better than me. Sometimes the other leaves me clogged and this or a BHA can help.

on 11/7/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So far, so good. I have been using this cream for exactly 4 weeks now. My skin is noticeably smoother, and slightly clearer. I don't see much of a change in pigmentation, and no change at all in pores or blackheads on my nose or chin, but hopefully that changes in a few more weeks.

Popular Moisturizers