December 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Foundation Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by makeup_addict_35

I purchased brush #114. The brush is too stiff and felt like it was pulling my face no matter how light of a touch I used. I'm on my way to Target to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I have the Sonia Kashuk foundation brush NO.404 (I think...) and I bought it for around 10 bucks. I don't think it was a deal, it was just an ordinary quality brush. It's synthetic, so it doesn't feel as great on the skin as other brushes do, but hey, it was 10 bucks.

It's a bit stiff, and it creates small foundation lines when blending, I found that it was fairly difficult to blend without the foundation looking patchy and gross in some places. Just my opinion, I find it easier to blend my BB creams and my foundations with my fingers than using this brush...

It just kinda sits in my makeup bag, not much use for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by KMR1922

This synthetic brush is not as good as I thought it would be based on the reviews. The fibers are hard and stiff, and there are too few fibers in the brush. It left my makeup streaky and uneven. I would not recommend buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by EmmaKM428

This is the foundation brush I've had for almost 2 years now. I really love it, I mean, it works well. It's just that it's hard to clean. Foundation sticks to it and doesn't come off easily. That's the only con of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is for the black-handled brush. This was my first Sonia Kashuk brush, and it didn't disappoint me at all. It hasn't shed at all in the 1-2 years that I've had it, it doesn't absorb all of the product (thus it isn't wasteful!), and is great for non-streaky application. I regularly use this brush to apply my foundation, although occasionally I will go back to my duo-fibre skunk brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Audrey0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this one for a few years, and it was my first foundation brush. I simply used sponges or my fingers before.
Unfortunately, I can't recommend it. For similar price @ Target, better off getting the Ecotools foundation brush. It's much easier to clean and dry, and I get a more smooth finish. Also, I cannot get the SK brush clean no matter how many times I wash it. It just holds onto grime and ends up streaking the foundation. It hasn't shed, but it just doesn't cut it for me in the end.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is for the black-handled synthetic brush. While I typically like SK brushes this one is so flimsy and thin that it's practically useless other than to apply moisturizer. Foundation application is streaky and the brush head is so slim that I have to go over sections multiple times anyway, and I have a fairly small face. You definitely get what you pay for here, so if you're going to buy a foundation brush save your money for a much better one from MAC, Chanel, Sephora, or any other higher-end brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very happy with it. Really couldnt afford MAC or any expensive brush at the time so I went with this and while there is a tiny bit of streakiness it still gives mostly an even finish. I have found that even the HE brushes still can cause some streaking..you just have to blend it in with a sponge and your fine. For years I just used fingers but you get a lighter, more natural face with a brush. Fingers apply too much and I didnt even realize it until i saw pics that i looked like i was wearing a mask (ick!). This is a decent quality brush so far a week of having it, hope it lasts!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Decent quality foundation brush. Have not seen any shedding so far and I think it does a great job for the price. Bought a drugstore brand foundation brush at about the same price and it was terrible. This is BY FAR the best brush you will get for this price. I only said I would not purchase again because personally, I would like to up grade to a high quality brush if this one doesn't last and repurchase is necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the black handled brush and I really love this brush. Its not too bulky like other foundation brushes and it leaves a nice smooth complexion on my skin. I love that I can wash it over and over and it never becomes dry or cakey, just always soft and smooth.