NADS No-Heat Hair Removal Gel Facial Wand

2.7

The natural part caught my attention. As soon as you apply the product, it doesn't easily swipe on as the commercials make it seem. It's thick and clumps up like hair gel does. But after some spreading, I was finally able to put the cloth strip on. Hairs pull off. Ok, good. Next morning.....NOT GOOD!!! The area above and under my brows where the product was applied had broken out all over. It was hideous!! Actually, it IS hideous, because as in typing this I'm staring at my mirror because I just did this two days ago. WOULD NOT RISK A SECOND TRIAL.

on 3/20/2014 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this for about two years now and I really like it. I have repurchased it several times already. I have very thick, full brows that will grow into a unibrow if not regularly maintained. They also grow really fast, as in my brows need done every other week. I don't have the patience to tweeze, and don't have the time to visit a salon every other week. This does a pretty good job of removing hairs, though sometimes there are a few strays left or it does not adhere to the hairs at all. It can take quite a bit of twisting to get the product out on the first application. Overall it can be kinda messy because the hole where the product comes out is a bit large so being very precise is hard. I mostly use this to clean up between my brows and do some light shaping. Not a perfect product but I like it.

on 8/23/2013 10:24:00 AM

**UPDATED REVIEW** So Nads have changed the design of the wand since I reviewed this last, it is now a twist-up pen style wand which is just as easy to use. I have been using this for a number of years now (just a bit delayed in writing a review) and I am very pleased with it.

It removes my facial hair (eyebrows and upper lip) cleanly and easily although not without a little pain! The wand is easy to use although can get a little messy, but the way comes off if you wipe the wand with a warm cloth. I always wash and reuse the cotton strips and they work very effectively to pick up the wax. Any residue left on my skin comes off with soap and water.

In the package was a single desensitizing wipe, but there really should have been more of these in the box as I have used this one kit maybe thirty times since I had it and there is still a lot of product left.

I would definitely buy this again and hope that it hasn't been discontinued by the time I get around to buying it again.

**ORIGINAL REVIEW** When I lived in England, I used this for almost 5 years (paying approximately $27 for the facial wand pack). Now I live in Florida, I can get this for $2! I don't know if the formulation has changed, but this used to work so well on my eyebrows that friends and family would beg me to use this on them. Unfortunately when I started to use this product again, it removed very few hairs even with multiple applications. Last time I used it, it took skin off both my eyelids leaving two huge ugly red scars. I threw this whole pack in the trash, I don't want to have permanent scars from a beauty product. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing, even for $2. I gave it 2/5 because I used it for so long with no problems.

on 2/17/2013 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I found this at Walmart for around $6-7. It never occurred to me to heat it because clearly, the packaging says No Heat Required. The way that the wand itself is constructed makes application very tricky. Also, I only had enough wax for three waxes and I only wax my brows. It was only successful in grabbing the unwanted hairs about every other try and I DID thoroughly clean the area beforehand. I also ran out of strips after the second wax so I had to make some out of an old sheet. I will not buy this product again.

on 1/31/2013 8:33:00 AM

It's just OK. As with the other reviews, you MUST use the cleansing wipe and you MUST warm up the wax. No heat is just nonsense. I stuck it in a cup full of really hot water for a few minutes and that did the trick.

The applicator is not very precise so I'm not sure I would try it on my eyebrows. It did well for the upper lip, got all the coarse hairs and most of the fine ones. The thicker the layer of wax, the better. It was easy to rewax the spots I missed, using the same strip. I did get some redness but unlike the pre-waxed strips, it didn't last very long at all.

It's nice to have reusable cloth strips. Most other facial wax kits have plastic strips (shudder). They washed clean easily in warm water. They're just muslin or linen, so you could certainly go buy a cloth remnant from Joanne Fabrics if you don't like reusing them.

on 9/3/2012 3:43:00 AM

Very portable, very easy to use for beginners, however, the wax did take some time to warm up. Application of wax was very precise and smooth. Easy to follow clear instructions were included.

It wasn't worth the $13 I paid for use on such a small area, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT!
I know many here are complaining that this product does not work however it is because many of them HAVE NOT USED THE CLEANSING WIPE THAT COMES WITH IT.
YOU MUST CLEANSE THE AREA FIRST WITH THE CLEANSING WIPE OR IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.
I use this to wax my eyebrows every month or so and I have not been disappointed it is easy to use and there is no need to heat or dry at all. I can even shape my eyebrows the way I want due to the self application of this wand. It removes almost all the hairs in one wax and only one or two hairs are left to self pluck. But if you've had your eyebrows done professionally you would know that some hairs don't always come off in the first wax.
I have no complaints about this product. A lot of my friends use this product and they LOVE it too!

on 1/19/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Is this product supposed to be a joke?

It didn't spread properly and what did come out pulled nothing.

UPDATE

ok for this to work properly 1. you absolutely MUST use the cleaning wipe in the area you're going to wax 2. heat the wand under hot water first to soften it. I did this and the product worked wonderfully. Pulled every last hair for both upper lip and eyebrows.

on 11/24/2011 5:00:00 AM

Best eyebrow hair shaper ever. Have tried a few others, but they don't grip or remove hair properly. Nads has a cleanser pad that strips all the waxes and oils from your eyebrows first, that makes the gel grip really well. Always need to tidy the last remaining hairs, but that even happens at a salon. Perfect, have repurchased many times. Great product.

on 9/5/2011 10:43:00 AM

This is absolutely the least effective product I have ever tried. There is no precision in application. This would be disastrous if you used it on your eyebrows... well, except for the fact that the wax is useless. The gel that comes out when you twist the tube congeals immediately, and all you can do is stretch it out messily over the skin. This would be an annoying inconvenience if it worked, but after several tries I have yet to remove any hair. Terrible.

Popular Face Skincare Products