Maybelline Colorama 5 Day Nail Color - Plum Sparkle

Price: $

on 10/13/2008 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this product for years, probably since '04, and recently re-discovered it. It's definitely brighter than it appears in the bottle but lovely nonetheless, and perfect for summer. In my experience, it stays on until I remove it, I'm very impressed.

on 9/18/2008 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this as an extra in a swap, & I love it! This is a mid-toned purple/pinkish shade (I actually wouldn't call this "plum" at all IMO) with multi-colored holographic shimmer. Gorgeous when the sun hits it! I don't know about the staying power of this, as I usually change my nail polish every 2 - 3 days. Would definitely repurchase for the color & holo shimmer alone!

on 3/28/2006 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is such a pretty color. Plum Sparkle is a purple-pink color mixed with holographic rainbow-colored glitter. I didn't have a major problem with chipping like another reviewer reported. It stayed on for about 6 days before I saw some tiny chips at the tip areas. And I didn't use a top coat, but I used OPI's base coat. Colorama polishes are usually a steal where I live, at one to two dollars in stores like Walmart. I like this brand better than OPI, and I'll be repurchasing.

on 2/5/2005 11:56:00 PM

This is such a cool color! Sparkly plum. Goes on great, dries fairly quick, but does NOT last 5 days! I even used OPI base and top coat. It was chipping the next day. Very disappointed. What a ripoff.

on 2/7/2004 7:30:00 PM

At just $1.99 each (at my local Rite Aid drugstore), and with 20+ shades to choose from, you are bound to find at least one or two shades that you really like. There are also tinted, glittered top coats that you can buy separately to put over these to create a variety of looks.

This is supposed to be a 5 day nail color. I got about 3 days of no chips with using a top coat. This is OK with me - for $1.99, I don't expect much - and there are plenty of $4 nail colors that chip after two days, so I am perfectly fine with this.

Plum Sparkle is a shimmery medium purple plum shade with tons of silver micro glitter with some holographic glitter mixed in. It's a unique and beautiful shade and was the one that I picked out immediately from all the rest of the shades. continued >>