August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Beyond Powder Eyeshadow in Natural Elements 05

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by glossalina

I'm GGG/MMM and of Indian descent. I do have a hard time finding shadows that I like because the red undershades or blue undertones really set my skin tone off and make me look horrible. For a long time I just didnt wear eyeshadow, I thought I looked much better without it because any colors I tried looked horrible. I stumbled upon this in Target and though I dont really buy shadows without consulting MUA first, I thought heck, I can return it if its that bad, right? Well turns out that this is one of the best palettes for me. The base color, the flesh-toned neutral is perfect when I want a base for the other shades or just want to wear it alone with jeans and a tshirt. The darkest chocolate brown shade is my favorite. It looks great alone and just adds that smokey look to my eyes. The contouring gold shade looks great in the inner V and I also use it on blemishes, it acts as a reflector and really covers blemishes, weird I know, but its true. The higlighter is a nice highlighter, not too shimmery, but jsut enough. I dont think I will run out of this anytime soon, but if I do, I would definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this a lot. It has lasted forever, too! I've had it for at least a year and have barely worn the colors down yet. Another reviewer said that each shade has shimmer, but I have to let it be known that only three of the four shades have shimmer. One color is a pale glitzy gold. The next is also a pale gold, but with a hit of bronze...just barely. Almost a rosey beige. Then there is a shimmery medium brown, and the last is a flat chocolate brown. You can create so many looks with this quad. It's great for dramatic or natural looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LoZo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a super little drugstore level palette. I must say almost all the shades are very wearable. If you love neutrals this would be a great palette for you. Each of the shades have some shimmer, but not a high level to scare people away. It is subtle and nice. I am not in love with the packaging, but what is nice is that you get four shadows of a decent size and the whole palette can fit in a very small makeup bag. The staying power is pretty good, but again not the level of higher end products that I have used. I am in South Florida, so it is a true test on wearability/lasting power when you make it a full day in this heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2005 5:11:00 PM More reviews by oren_lshii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this quad for my daughter. Its inexpensive, she's only 14 and just starting to wear make up. I noticed her eye makeup looked really good. It almost looked 'air brushed', the colors were awesome,I thought, wow,, I have never seen an e/s like this. This is awesome. Its the best drug store e/s I have EVER used. Its long lasting, highly pigmented. Not so much so where the colors can go on too dark, but they are not chalky. And they blend so nice, your eye make up looks airbrushed. I love it. LOVE it. I have been wearing it almost daily since I bought it. This is something I recommend everyone try, its great. I wore this today, its about 85+ degrees outside, it lasted ALLLLL day. It looks perfect. It did not fade I'm in love ! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Hollyciven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sometimes forget that even Wal-Mart can sell awesome make-up. I was looking at eyeshadows after having too many failed swaps and saw ths eyeshadow quad. i SWEAR it looks just like all the Stila and Too Faced eyeshadows I have been coveting!!! It really makes my blue eyes shockingly blue!! I love this...my new favorite staple.