November 28, 2014 | 1029 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Tender Drops soothing moisture cream

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by hillarylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this but it clogged my skin and i got whiteheads all over from it, but it did calm my redness and it was very moisturizing. Boo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff...and I am typically a skincare/makeup snob. By far, this is better than anything else I've tried for dry skin including my beloved Korres. You MUST try this - at the very least you can return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by maajake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best cream for me to use during winter! Usually most moisturizing creams make my skin feel really greasy but this one didn't at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ClaraRose

Bought this cream in Finland and took it back to Canada and tried it in the summer, but found it felt too greasy on my skin. After coming back to Finland during winter i decided to try it again after experiencing irritated skin after walking in the cold. I had been using Lancome Hydra Zen which is very moisturizing, however my cheeks got very irritated from the cold weather. This creams worked wonderfully, after being in the cold my cheeks no longer got irritated and blotchy. It really does reduce redness, and is very protecting. Its not quite as moisturizing as the Hydra Zen but as i can still use Hydra Zen to moisturize at night and Lumene to protect and calm my skin during the day it seems to be working fine and the price is very good. Also have tried the Lumene sensitive touch cleansing wipes and they are good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rigits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no idea what others are unhappy about with this product. It's not an intense moisturizer, but I never thought it should be. I use it around my eyes in the winter or other spot applications, and I LOVE it. I am only giving it 4 lippies because it has no sunscreen. Just wait for it to go on sale, and the price is not bad either!

Edit: I keep coming back to this product! It isn't slimy like others can be and I love that it's not scented. Put it in the fridge for some extra oompf in the mornings if you get baggy eyes like me! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by babydolltrish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually have a few of the Lumene creams, and I think this one is my favorite. I do have slightly sensitive skin, especially in my cheeks. They get red and hot sometimes. This is very soothing on those days. But even on days when I have no sensitive issues, this cream softens and moisturizes like no other. It doesn't really have any anti-aging qualities like the Time-Freeze line, (which is a great line) but I just use the anti-wrinkle treatment under this, and the Time-Freeze eye cream and have had beautiful results. My skin feels like silk every morning upon waking, and it works beautifully under makeup. I may have just talked myself into using this as my day and night cream, and then just using the other treatment products to offset the fact that this doesn't claim any benefits in the anti-aging, anti-wrinkle realm. It also doesn't have sunscreen, my foundation does though, so I am good there. I have normal/dry skin, and this works perfectly, not too moisturizing or greasy. I am a huge fan of Lumene and have remained pleased for about 2 years using their products. They really have some gems....the cleansing oil, the energizing cocktail, and the tender drops just to name a few. The prices are awesome too. I really think they out-do any dept. store line...i should know i have tried them all!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am also in the camp of "this product saved my skin". I had tried a night cream with retinol only to have it turn red, tight, itchy and bumpy with the first try. And I am not usually sensitive. After reading some of the reviews here, I tried this product and overnight my skin was better. All the problems went away and I woke up with happy skin again.
I have been using it for a week now and really love it. The consistance is different but if you really massage it into the skin well, it skins right in. The slight redness I usually have in my cheeks is less and my pores are smaller. I will definately be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 5:28:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

like the review below me, i also had high hopes for this product. i thought it would be the miracle product to help me get rid of all my flaky skin during the winter. instead, my face broke out and made my skin super shiny. the texture is really odd... it looks so light, but felt like i was applying wax on my face. my skin felt suffocated and actually got flakier.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ashimyandshake

I had high hopes for this product.Instead it made me break out real bad. I used it only twice. What a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by souporsunny

I love this moisturizer. I've been using it for 3 weeks and it hasn't made me break out! I have skin that is oily underneath and easily clogged, but dry on top, so its always hard to find something that will moisturize w/o leaving me w/ clogged pores. This moisturizer sinks in beautifully and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. The price is a little steep for drugstore but affordable compared to high-end brands. I would definitely repurchase this.