La Ligne de St. Barth Huile d'Avocat (Avocado Oil)

4.5

on 1/29/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lovely product I purchased on a whim. The reviews on here helped, too. I love applying it on my skin where it's got the traits of a dry oil, as far as I'm concerned. It leaves absolutely no greasy residue, is absorbed amazingly quick and the skin is super smooth and soft. Smells great, too. But I love applying this oil on my hair as a deep treatment even more. I work one capful into my hair & scalp on a saturday night, leave it while sleeping and wash it out in the morning. The results are fantastic. Super soft, silky, shiny hair and a relieved scalp. Needless to say, it's a great leave-in as well. I really can't find any fault with this. It comes at a hefty price and might not be easy to find but since a little goes a long way, hunting down a bottle every once in a while is totally worth it. Will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a nice product for my AA hair. I use it in combination with Queen Helene's cholesterol conditioner, and my hair is silky. It also smells great. Perfect hot oil treatment.

on 6/26/2006 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOVE this stuff. It smells fantastic - faintly tropical/beachy without smelling like coconut or suntan oil or any overtly tropical scents. I use it as a body moisturizer and a hair product mixed with Aesop violet leaf hair balm to resurrect some body and texture in my curly hair on those days when I don't wash it. It imparts great shine and helps encourage curl. Since it is a natural oil, it moisturizes very well (apply to damp skin, IMO, like the package suggests) and also is good for my hair. I am a total label whore, yes, and it also makes me feel very chic! Now that's not a bad thing at all.

on 6/25/2006 3:38:00 PM

one of the best oil moisturizer i've ever tried ,the scent is totally stunning and i also use it for my hair

on 11/20/2005 6:41:00 PM

I have been using this oil for sometime now. It is wonderful as a sensual massage oil and also as a moisturizer after a shower. I also use it in my hair as a conditioning treatment. It smells divine and reminds me of the beach without being typically coconut. I just wish it was a little less expensive.

on 4/14/2005 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The saleslady at Barney's along with many mentions in mags lead me believe that I must have this oil. It is way too oily to wear on my body day to day. It leaves oil marks on clothes and makes pants stick to you. I would NEVER put it in my hair like it says you can! But....I finally started to use it as a tanning oil on my stomach and legs. It smells so awesome and gives me a beautiful tan.

on 2/13/2005 2:08:00 PM

If you like La Ligne de St. Barth's Tiare, you will find another small slice of heaven in Huile d'Avocat. The oil is scented generously although its fragrance does not last as long as its parfum counterpart. I think of the oil as a more sensual means of applying the delicious tiare scent to the body. The oil itself has an excellent consistency and moisturises the skin very well.

on 12/28/2003 8:52:00 PM

Ligne St. Barth Avocado Oil is absolutely the best body oil I've ever used. Used right after the shower, it leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated the entire day, even during the summertime, and I live in a dry, hot climate. The scent is lovely -- beachy and tropical, yet elegant. It always makes me feel like I've just stepped off the beach of a tropical island. It is a bit pricey and can be hard to find, but it's certainly worth it in my opinion.

Popular Body Skincare Products