November 29, 2014 | 982 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Eye smudge brush

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own a few of Bobbi Brown brushes. Most of them are totally fantastic. BUT NOT THIS ONE. This brush disappointed me. It's scratchy and lost the shape since the first time I've got it. Maybe it's just me that got the bad one. It's even getting worse when I couldn't return it because they don't have this policy in my country. So now it's just the brush I never will reach for ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Kind of scratchy. I don't love it. I ordered it online and its too much of a pain to return it. I would if I could just take it to the store. I'll find some use for it eventually. Its quite stiff and I can see that being a good thing as most my other eye brushes are more soft and flexible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works SO well as a dense color depositer. I use this for my H/L colors. It's also used to create a smoky eye/smudger. Never sheds. Has held its form a really long time. Comes with a sliding cover.

CONS: The sliding cover doesn't stay at the top long (slides down easily to middle of brush in time and won't stay at the top.) But most brushes don't even come with covers, so I'm not knocking it down from a "5."

ALTERNATES: MAC has a version of this called the pencil brush (#219) that is even more dense with a slightly smaller, more precise tip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

All of the Bobbi Brown brushes I own are very high quality except for one powder brush I bought years ago and had to return because it shed. This brush is great for concentrating a dark color in the corner of the eyelid and blending into the crease. Using the same colors I have been wearing, I used this brush and immediately saw a difference. My eye makeup application, looked more professional, while still soft and not overdone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by rachchen

I bought this after I realised my MAC 219 "pencil brush" had gone missing, but be warned it is nothing like the 219. Like the reviewer below me, I don't use this to smudge eyeliner (NARS would be better for that), but to smoke out my lash line with dark shadow, and then brush upwards towards my sockets.

I have monolid Asian eyes, so instead of relying on my crease for shadow placement guidance, I rely on my visible sockets (sounds lovely, I know). This brush is just the right shape for placing medium-dark shadow there. It's tightly packed, but irregularly tapered (not too soft and fluffy) so it does a really good job at softening harsh lines. It also seems to deposit the right amount of shadow, and blending is just really easy.

So glad I got this instead of replacing my MAC 219, which I think is a good brush, but different to BB Smudge, and perhaps better for other uses and eye shapes. BB Smudge does not in any way replace the 219 - it was just what I used to replace it. Turns out the BB was more appropriate for my needs.

Price is expensive (as expected of BB), but not Shu Uemura-expensive. Handle is really long, but also ergonomic, which I appreciate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I bought this brush based on reviews from MUA. It is very stiff and scratchy - not at all good for applying shadows in my opinion. Using it in my crease I got uneven results that took a lot of work to blend out. But this brush is awesome for smudging. I use it to smudge out eyeliner pencils or NYX Jumbos and it's great for that. But for this price I think it's waaay too expensive to have only one small use. I think maybe another cheaper brush could perform this function just as well. But the stiffness and scratchiness of this brush are perfect for smudging. Thus the name, I guess :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dangerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this brush .. i never thought that i would use it so much when i first purchased it .. but when i first used it .. i fell in love with it .. before this brush i used to spend a really long time to create the perfect smudge .. but now it only takes seconds .. i have never thought that there is one brush that would do that dramatic change to my look .. but this one did .. i will only buy it again if i lose it somehow .. its really beautiful ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by KarmAttack

THE BEST pencil brush out there, as far as I'm concerned. This def out-rocks the MAC 219 brush because the hair is much softer, but more densely packed together and doesn't lose it's shape after washing. Got this in a swap so didn't have to pay the high price for it. I can't believe someone would want to actually get rid of this brush, it's so amazing. Deposits the colour right where you need it, is perfect for under eye or creasework...awesome brush!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by TigiStylist

I though I had all the BB brushes I needed. I read the reviews on here, and went out and bought it. I came home, and tried it right away. How did I live without this brush?
Too me it is more of a crease, then a smudge. I can do a perfect crease, with ease. Love this brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2007 6:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupxmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this brush for applying gray eyeshadow on my buttom lid and to smudge kohl while applying the gray eyeshadow too.

Excellent for smoky eyes and crease work.

I took off 2 lippies because of the high price.