MakeupAlley has a FREE Android App!

Stila Kitten

4.1

talc, dimethicone, ethylhexyl palmitate, mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minerale, tocopheryl acetate, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, nylon-12, lauroyl lysine, boron nitride, silica, methylparaben, propylparaben, [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, carmine (ci 75470), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163)]

on 3/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

Most people describe this as a super shimmery champaigney beige eyeshadow but for me, I get more of a sheeny look when I use it to highlight the brow. I sometimes use it as a cheekbone highlighter. Wherever I place it, I apply very very lightly - either with finger tips before buffing out, if it's along the cheekbones OR with a very fine brush if it's under the brow.

I have medium skin and I use it very sparingly to avoid the stripper look. I use it because I have it, and yes..it is used regularly but to be honest, I think you could easily find something similar at the drugstore. It's not something you need to go out and buy ASAP. I like it but not enough to replace.

on 2/4/2015 3:45:00 PM

I think I might be I'm the minority who thinks this eyeshadow is overrated :(. I bought this a few years ago after seeing it in store and then I was glad I did because it seems to have a cult following. Whilst the shade is gorgeous and the texture seems butter like, I just don't get on with it. It's fine as a highlighter but I prefer NARS All About Eve. When I try it on my lid it either creases or the colour pay off isn't great :(. I keep going back to it to see if I can make it work but I think I'll have to admit defeat on this one. It seems to be very well liked so I would buy it if I didn't have it already but I doubt I'll repurchase.

on 1/7/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My go-to everyday eyeshadow and the base colour for most of my eyeshadow looks. Love love love the champagne shade, just enough shimmer, really brightens the eye. The shadow itself, although a powder, feels very creamy. I sometimes wet the brush before applying it to get more depth and last-ability from the colour. I've never had an issue with fallout from stila shadows like I have with urban decay. Would definitely recommend to someone who wants a neutral shimmery champagne shade that's easy to apply and lasts all day.

on 12/7/2014 11:30:00 AM

I first bought this on a whim when I've just started working (disposable income--yay!), & I found that this was the perfect "slight wash of color/shimmer on my lids that makes me look refreshed/wide awake even if I only had a couple of hours sleep". I also sometimes put it in the inner corners of my eyes or use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. The color really suits my skintone. Unfortunately, I once dropped it from my dresser & it shattered horribly. I still used it a handful of times but now, for some weird reason, I can't find it in my makeup stash anymore. It is expensive for a single, shallow pot of eyeshadow, and maybe once I'm over my "just a swipe of brown/black eyeliner on my lids" phase, I'll decide to repurchase this.

on 10/15/2014 6:45:00 PM

Gorgeous, neutral, must have shadow. Think MAC Dazzlelight on steroids with a more rich, velvety, super shimmery consistency. I love it as an all over wash to brighten the eyes, or paired with browns and coppers. It's great for highlighting the brow bone or inner corners of the eyes, too. Great longevity, but steer clear if you don't like shimmery. This product is like a disco ball. I got mine in some Stila palettes, so I can't speak as to packaging for the eyeshadow as a single. Price has been good in palettes from Sephora. I would definitely repurchase.

on 9/11/2014 4:58:00 AM

My HG for highlighting. It's perfect!!!

on 9/5/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have repeatedly bought this eyeshadow over the years - it's a great multitasker, just the right shade that sits between silver and gold and looks great on lids or cheekbones. One negative - the packaging. It breaks and chips a lot and the shadow occasionally crumbles. I use it in this video:

on 8/14/2014 9:53:00 PM

I bought this years ago and it's still going. I use it on casual days, or as a highlight. Just one eyeshadow and some black mascara and I'm good to go. There's so many dupes for this color at this point there is no reason to actually but this. I accidentally have 3 exact matches in drugstore products. That being said, it's a very complimentary color on just about everyone. My issue with it is it can be messy and end up flaking onto your cheeks when you apply it. I will definitely use it up and love the color but wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/1/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased because of all the rave editor reviews in magazines. I wanted a neutral eye shadow and instead I found this to be very sparkly. The texture is very moist and the powder gets everywhere.

Ended up throwing it away.

on 7/24/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely champagne shadow that can be used all over the lid, inner corner, brow bone, always looks lovely. It's has a lot of fallout so use a primer, and I find it's best applied with a finger and pressing it on to the lid.

Video Reviews & Tutorials