Stila Kitten

4.1

talc, dimethicone, ethylhexyl palmitate, mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minerale, tocopheryl acetate, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, nylon-12, lauroyl lysine, boron nitride, silica, methylparaben, propylparaben, [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, carmine (ci 75470), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163)]

I finally found a way to make this shadow work for me, because just sweeping it over my eyelids made it too frosty and heavy looking on my not so young skin .My eyes are just starting to show some age, and sad to say, light color shimmery shadows make it look worse. General advice is to switch to matte shadows when you get older, but I think that matte looks just as bad, kind of flat and dead. Just a little shimmer seems to brighten my eyes, the trick is to not use too much.

What I do is apply primer, then press some of Kitten in the very center of my eyelids Using a blender brush, I blend it out, just over the lower part of the lid, not in the crease. This results in a soft, pretty sheen....can add more or less if you want to change the depth. Then I'll take a taupe or deeper pink shimmer and put that in the outer V, then lightly blend again. Looks perfect every time!

Expensive, but worth it...very nice quality shadow.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I consider this eye shadow the only shimmery eye shadow I would ever need. A great advantage to this product is that you can not only use it on the eyes, but it is the most beautiful all over the face highlight that never looks powdery. The packaging is quite nice as well. It is not only only buttery and soft, but the pigmentation is outstanding. As for the color, it's a perfect balance of a light champagne color that's not too pink or yellow. It looks great on all skin tones, so I'd recommend this to anyone. The shadow lasts better if you apply primer underneath because it's consistency is very creamy and will crease on most people. It is pricey but the eye shadow pot actually contains a lot of it and it last a very long time.

This is one of the cult classics that truly deserve their fame.
Kitten can be thrown on as is, layered or used as an intense highlight.
The size of Stila eye shadow pans are quite large which justifies its price. It is one of the most wonderful champagne shimmer shade which complements pretty much every skin tone. I find that the powder is very finely milled making the eye shadow kind of crumbly. Still, definitely a must buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's clear that a lot of people are smitten with Kitten (sorry, I couldn't resist). It's been around a long time and is one of Stila's iconic shades/products. I originally bought it because I was told it was a good dupe for MAC's LE Grand Entrance, one of the most fabulous eyeshadows ever. Kitten's not a dupe for Grand Entrance - it's similar but not even close to being a dupe. However, it's a nice shadow to own. Used lightly and sparingly, it doesn't have to look "over the top" frosty but it certainly does pack a lot of shine if you want a more glowing, frosty look - it's all in how you apply it. It's one of the best shadows for brightening up the inner corners of your eyes and banishing the dark, shadowy look from the tear duct area. The texture of the shadow is so rich and creamy, which is lovely, but it's still a good idea to press this on rather than trying to sweep it because even though it is creamy in texture, it can look scaly and patchy if you sweep it across your lids. I never use it on my brow bone, as I find it way too shiny and artificial for that area but as a brightening lid shade, it really is lovely, though I much prefer Stila's Starlight, which I find more subtle, or Wheat, which also seems less "garish".

If I ran out, I would certainly repurchase Kitten but I now have THREE pans of it - the one I bought originally and twice more in recent "Eyes are the Window" palettes. It's as though Kitten has become what "Carbon" is to MAC - they seemed to feel the need to put it in two of the four new palettes they released.

There is no dupe for this. Kitten is the real deal. It's beautiful for anytime of day and stays until you wash it off. It's a pink-champagne color that brightens and softens your eyes. It's a tiny bit creamy, so I apply it with a clean ring finger. It blends perfectly and a little bit goes a long way. The texture of it doesn't allow for fallout so that's a huge plus. Love. Love. Love.

What took me over close to 900 reviewers for me to get kitten when the whole world has tried this?? Oh my i been procastinating.. silly me... I have to say I finally got this from sephora and understand what the hype is all about. First, it looks champagne on me. Plenty of shimmer, frost, glitter bomb going on here. Very festive! Second, due to this quality it photos very well as it reflects light. So thus, its a Hollywood staple. This made it a cult favorite and the word spread to not -so- Hollywood- folks -like- us. But the good news is that, if you love selfies, I'd say get this. The light reflecting properties of the product translates good pictures. I tried some tips given by reviewers to use as highlighter on cheekbones and under brow bones. Wow, i love it!! Now this product can multi task. Exactly, what i was looking for. This 'lights up' your entire look. The price is still cheap but works like a high end brand. Packaging looks like an expensive brand. Its lightweight and travel friendly. A shade that works with most skin tones and easy to work to create a smokey eye too.

Tips:Plaster scotch tape about the size of a pinky (diagonally measuring from the high brow to the corners of your eye)& tape at the corner of your eye. Apply a darker color(try chocolate shades) on the corners of the eyes(its ok to color on the tape) then add kitten on the crease. Line as usual (use black for drama). Remove tape. Voila! Super gorg. Its a precise,sharp,crispy look. Try!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the sparkle in this product . it is very shiny , i get compliments all the time i wear it .

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a classic shade. A champagne colour with shimmer, it brightens up the eye area and looks quite nice on. It applies easily, but creates a bit of fallout which can lead to wasteage. The colour is very pretty both alone and paired with darker shades. This colour has a cult following and is a good staple champagne colour to have in your kit. This colour would be flattering on a lot of skintones.

*sigh* i love the whole kitten shade range offered from Stila. I bought a Kitten gift clutch from Nordstroms Rack which included the lip glaze, the eye shadow and the liquid iliuminator, smudge eye liner, clutch and bracelet for $30!!!

On to the product. The packaging is nothing special, but you do get alot of product. I really love this eye shadow, its shimmer but not like in your face 13 year old that has glitter on her eyes. Its beautiful, brightens the eyes, i can use it to highlight my brow bone, the inner corners of my eyes, or all over the lid for a fresh look. Applies nicely, evenly and blends well.

I think this regularly goes for around $18 for the single eye shadow. I got a great deal and probably wouldn't buy it on its own for that price. But i'm so glad i have it to add to my collection.

This is my favorite eyeshadow. I find it not to be too soft, and it really does stay on all day. The color is gorgeous, I love how it is champagne but with a hint of pink. I wear it over other shadows to give them a more natural and shimmery effect. Perfect for everyday and for layering!

Video Reviews & Tutorials