Stila Wheat Eyeshadow

4.5

Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Magnesium Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain (+/-) Mica,Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 5/3/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As soon as I swatched Wheat, I knew it was going to be one of my every day lid shades. I have this in the new Eyes Are the Windows/Spirit palette and while the palette is crazily inflated in price in Canada, it still represents fairly decent value because of the # of shadows (and because I was able to get the palette free with Optimum points). Wheat is a slightly darker, warmer, more golden version of Stila Starlight (which I love). It is also similar to Tarte's Barefoot eyeshadow (LE from the Aqualillies palette). Wheat has the most lovely, silky and almost creamy texture and so it applies smoothly and beautifully even though it has a fairly high level of sheen/shimmer. The texture keeps it from looking patchy or crepe-y. A real pleasure to use.

on 7/9/2014 10:21:00 PM

Wheat is a shimmery, neutral-to-warm toned medium gold-beige. This is smooth, blends very easily and has hardly any fallout. Using this as a sheer wash of color makes my eyes look more blue for some reason, just like other reviewers have said (even though my eyes are a weird mix of green, grey and blue.) I really like this color and it is easy to wear by itself or as part of a more dramatic eye. I usually just wear this alone with a dark brown eyeliner, the perfect look for day.

I would buy this again, it is easy to wear and goes with anything, but I have so many great eyeshadows that I prefer over this color. It's not a HG for me (but it is close) as it is too expensive for a simple eyeshadow in a plastic container. However, if it was on sale then I would buy it again. I do really recommend it though.

on 3/28/2014 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a Stila gift set a couple years ago, and out of the four eye shadows that came in the set, Wheat is my favorite by far. It's a very subtle color, sort of a dark beige/light tan with a slight gold or bronze undertone. It's a lot less shimmery than other Stila shadows I've tried, which I appreciate - I'm not a fan of Kitten for that reason - and it goes on fairly sheer, but can be layered for a bit more color. I wear it almost every day, for anything from school to going out. It's kind of like an LBD or a good pair of jeans - can be dressed up or down, depending on your needs.
Lasting power is decent. I don't use primer or anything and it stays on fine all day, although it does have a tendency to crease (but what shadow doesn't?). I keep it in one of the Stila compacts, and I love the convenience of the pans, but I have noticed that these shadows have a tendency to shatter. My Kitten fell to pieces recently, despite being kept in a shadow compact, and my Wheat is starting to crumble at the edges. The more matte shades seem to be sturdier, weirdly enough - just something to think about.
Only other big qualm is price. I'm pretty lenient with my beauty budget, but $18 for a pan of eye shadow (without a proper case, even) is a little ridiculous. Thankfully, you can find these online pretty easily, and for a lot cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this shadow! It's a frosty light bronze color, but it isn't over the top. It also isn't super pigmented but is buildable with multiple coats. I can easily pair this color with Oasis in my crease for a daily look (I like a lighter shade in my crease... I know I'm opposite.). It has great staying power as it lasts 6+ hours on me with my E.L.F. shadow primer and my BE mineral veil underneath it. You also get a lot of shadow for the money with Stila. I will repurchase if I ever use all that I have.

on 1/10/2012 5:39:00 PM

Love this shadow. It is so pretty and makes my blue eyes really pop. It is slightly shimmery, but nothing too extreme. Can be used for subtle and heavy looks.

on 9/4/2010 12:25:00 AM

I hate eye shadows because I really don't know how to apply them! Enter Stila Wheat. Really, a wonderful everyday eyeshadow that your just slap on and go. The color is a beigey, shimmery neutral that makes my blue eyes pop. The color seems to stay in place and not crease. My one criticism is that the packaging is ridiculous. I know I am supposed to buy the holder from Stila. But, after paying $18 for an eyeshadow, I just think the packaging should be better. Anyhow, a great every day neutral if you don't mind a bit of shimmer with your eye shadow.

on 8/31/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Wheat is a lovely shade of beige and slight silver shimmer. I like it more than Kitten which is a bit too frosty for my taste. Very versatile color as it can be paired with almost everything. I especially like applying a very sheer wash of Wheat over a matte-neutral eye to give it more ‘umph.’ The texture is fabulous and very easy blend. Will definitely buy again.

on 7/23/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stila's Wheat eyeshadow is a very wearable version of kitten, also from stila. On me kitten is a very frosty champagne pink and wheat is more of a beige, slightly champagne color. I like to wear wheat as an all over lid color and it is not frosty overkill at all. Wheat is shimmery but it is very subtle. Like all of stila's eyeshadows, I find wheat blendable and there is not much fallout. This is a great color for anyone and I highly recommend it.

on 7/22/2010 12:59:00 PM

One of my favorites. I reach for it way more than I do the infamous Stila Kitten. I like this when my look needs to be easy for daytime. It perks my brown eyes up when I need to be awake at some ungodly hour. It is shimmery but not glittery. It blends like a dream.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeshadow! It's so pretty and soft. :) I have this shadow in a palette with Kitten, Mystic, and Go Lightly and this color is my absolute favorite. It makes for a great highlight or lid color. A++++ :)

Popular Eye Shadows