April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Wheat Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by cheshirecatds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a Stila gift set a couple years ago, and out of the four eye shadows that came in the set, Wheat is my favorite by far. It's a very subtle color, sort of a dark beige/light tan with a slight gold or bronze undertone. It's a lot less shimmery than other Stila shadows I've tried, which I appreciate - I'm not a fan of Kitten for that reason - and it goes on fairly sheer, but can be layered for a bit more color. I wear it almost every day, for anything from school to going out. It's kind of like an LBD or a good pair of jeans - can be dressed up or down, depending on your needs.
Lasting power is decent. I don't use primer or anything and it stays on fine all day, although it does have a tendency to crease (but what shadow doesn't?). I keep it in one of the Stila compacts, and I love the convenience of the pans, but I have noticed that these shadows have a tendency to shatter. My Kitten fell to pieces recently, despite being kept in a shadow compact, and my Wheat is starting to crumble at the edges. The more matte shades seem to be sturdier, weirdly enough - just something to think about.
Only other big qualm is price. I'm pretty lenient with my beauty budget, but $18 for a pan of eye shadow (without a proper case, even) is a little ridiculous. Thankfully, you can find these online pretty easily, and for a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shadow! It's a frosty light bronze color, but it isn't over the top. It also isn't super pigmented but is buildable with multiple coats. I can easily pair this color with Oasis in my crease for a daily look (I like a lighter shade in my crease... I know I'm opposite.). It has great staying power as it lasts 6+ hours on me with my E.L.F. shadow primer and my BE mineral veil underneath it. You also get a lot of shadow for the money with Stila. I will repurchase if I ever use all that I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this shadow. It is so pretty and makes my blue eyes really pop. It is slightly shimmery, but nothing too extreme. Can be used for subtle and heavy looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Tszahl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate eye shadows because I really don't know how to apply them! Enter Stila Wheat. Really, a wonderful everyday eyeshadow that your just slap on and go. The color is a beigey, shimmery neutral that makes my blue eyes pop. The color seems to stay in place and not crease. My one criticism is that the packaging is ridiculous. I know I am supposed to buy the holder from Stila. But, after paying $18 for an eyeshadow, I just think the packaging should be better. Anyhow, a great every day neutral if you don't mind a bit of shimmer with your eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nonliquet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wheat is a lovely shade of beige and slight silver shimmer. I like it more than Kitten which is a bit too frosty for my taste. Very versatile color as it can be paired with almost everything. I especially like applying a very sheer wash of Wheat over a matte-neutral eye to give it more ‘umph.’ The texture is fabulous and very easy blend. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stila's Wheat eyeshadow is a very wearable version of kitten, also from stila. On me kitten is a very frosty champagne pink and wheat is more of a beige, slightly champagne color. I like to wear wheat as an all over lid color and it is not frosty overkill at all. Wheat is shimmery but it is very subtle. Like all of stila's eyeshadows, I find wheat blendable and there is not much fallout. This is a great color for anyone and I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorites. I reach for it way more than I do the infamous Stila Kitten. I like this when my look needs to be easy for daytime. It perks my brown eyes up when I need to be awake at some ungodly hour. It is shimmery but not glittery. It blends like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by littlemoonbeamm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow! It's so pretty and soft. :) I have this shadow in a palette with Kitten, Mystic, and Go Lightly and this color is my absolute favorite. It makes for a great highlight or lid color. A++++ :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Not gonna repeat what has already been said. I use it on the lid or as a brow highlight. Best part: when light hits it, gives a subtle glow. FYI-NC30 Asian w/yellow undertones. Similar to MAC Shroom but a little darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sshep0904

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeshadow.
At first i would just use it as a brow highlight but then i realized how pretty it was that i needed to use it on the lid.

I would definitely recommend this.