Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water Aqua , Stearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Mineral Oil , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cholesterol , Lanolin , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Disodiium EDTA , FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI No. 19140 , FD&C Yellow No. 6 CI No. 15985 , FD&C Red No. 40 CI No. 16035 , D&C Red No. 33 CI No. 17200

Omg... this product was a life saver.
No exaggeration. I was a crying mess when I got out of the salon, BOTH times.

I was tired of my dark roots, blonde hair with lowlights. I asked my stylist to bring me back to my light colored roots. She suggested I don't do that...but I pressed on. It looked awful. She thre in more lowlights. My roots were orange and I looked like a Bengal tiger! Now I can laugh as I kept saying, "Im Tigger cuz Tiggers bounsssth."
Back to the salon I went and to fix, she did a heavy foil and bleach on the roots....
Sure my hair was blonde all over like it use to be years ago....except it wasn't fried before! My hair was never fried! It was straw and very frizzed at the end. I couldn't stop crying as I was sure I would have to get a short hair cut.
A friend told me about this product and I was so skeptical. She told me to slather that stuff in abundance, apply shower cap and sleep overnight. Well that was exactly what I did!
I cannot believe how it transformed my hair. I am still in shock. I can't believe how this has helped. I rinsed it out under luke warm water.....no shampoo. It rinsed easily. My friend said it might be a bit greasy......but my hair wasn't AT ALL! My dry straw head soaked all that up! I did another treatment later that day and rinsed again....no shampoo. It was slightly built up at the root but the rest was smooth, soft, and healthy looking. There are still a few pieces that are dry, but not NEARLY as bad or as much as it was prior to treatment.

It doesn't smell bad and I don't care what the packaging is. It stopped me from crying and cutting all my hair off!!!! I am truly grateful for this product and will use it frequently and part of my hair regimen for the rest of my life lol.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using this as a deep conditioner since the 8th grade (many moons ago) and I'll forever Love it. Within the past two years I've tried different conditioners but, I always go back to the holy grail of deep conditioner; Queen Helen. You can mix it with your favorite oils for extra benefits too! If you haven't, give it a try. You'll Love it 🙌🏾

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually like this this smells FWIW ;) it's a granny product like I like products like Olay original beauty fluid, seabreeze, youth dew bath oil (as perfume) et al stuff that's generations tried & true! I used this 4 the 1st time in years (used to get this as a treatment @ a beauty college when I would bleach my hair platinum)...Imma try it for shaving! What I did was use it as a pre poo treatment on dry dirty hair my hair just sucked it in so I put some more on! Then I put a shower cap on & blasted high heat from my hair dryer for a cpl mins & let it sit for about 30 mins, washed out w V05 poo/cond w very hot water. I was scared from reading here it would be hard 2rinse out but it came out fast & I styled my hair as usual it's soft & I will try to use it 1x a week as I wash my hair ev 4-5 days but my hair has hi-lites extrm fine & tryna grow it out. It feels soft & a bit weighed down but I expected as much as this is very emollient. I'm sure it will style better tomorrow. Will update! Can get this in ethnic haircare section (I got mine at Family $).

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm writing this to warn others. This product is the worst thing you can put in my hair. It has the texture of grease and the smell made me nauseous. It was difficult to get through my hair because it made the texture of my hair rough. It was difficult to wash out, and it made my hair so dry that it's breaking off at the slightest touch. It will cause undesirable damage to your hair. I don't even know why a product like this is still being sold.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow. I've only used this once and was hesitant to write a review so soon but I seriously felt compelled to! My hair is dry, tangled, and kind of frizzy from bleaching it from black to a light brown ombré. I used other deep conditioners but they didn't seem to really do much. Well, I'm in beauty school and my instructor suggested I get some of this and leave it in for a few hours so that's exactly what I did. I put it on dry, clean hair, twisted it up into a bun, and let it sit for about an hour and a half. I then shampooed and conditioned as normal. LORD. I could tell as soon as I took my hair down from the bun that it felt incredible. My hair is SO soft and hardly has any tangles; it just drank this stuff up. I honestly wasn't expecting a miracle since this product was so inexpensive but I am highly impressed. I plan on using this about once a week so my hair continues to feel fabulous!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've used quite a few different deep conditioners and this has become HG status for me. This is a really great deep conditioning treatment for over-processed hair at a very affordable price(I paid $4.89 for a 15 oz tub). My hair is quite dry from coloring and past highlighting. I use this once every two weeks. I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, and then I slather this on my hair concentrating on my lengths and ends. I use a wide tooth comb to ensure even distribution, then I cover my head with a plastic processing cap and wrap a warm towel from the dryer to gently apply heat. I leave this on for about 40 minutes, at the midway point I wrap a freshly warmed towel around my head. Then I rinse it out with warm water. Once it's rinsed out I do a final rinse with cool water to seal the cuticle. My hair afterwards feels so smooth and soft. Great treatment at an incredibly affordable price. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My hair is naturally very dry and slightly wavy and extremely prone to damage- this product is a life saver. My hair has never felt better; it is less frizzy, smoother, more shiny, and so soft. I disregard the directions and use the cream before I shampoo and leave it on under a cap for about an hour. I also put heat on it a few times. Then I shampoo and condition as normal. The smell of this product doesn't bother me or seem very strong, but I do wish it's packaging was a bit nicer. For the low cost I don't really mind it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm Caucasian with lots of brown hair. I haven't colored or treated my hair in years, but I promise you nothing else will remove a crunchy nest of hairspray better than a big glob of this stuff. I've been using queen Helene for over a year and I love it. It's dirt cheap, lasts forever and I've gone for months without seeing a single split end. I don't even buy normal conditioner anymore, just moisturizing shampoo. I don't heat treat, just slick it on under a shower cap and sit for an hour and my hair is silky smooth and shiny.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have virgin hair, meaning I haven't done any coloring or chemicals in over 7 years. My hair is pretty healthy so I'm told when I go get it cut so I'm not the best person to review it, but I am anyway :) I use this once a week during my shower, if I don't rinse out right it does end up leaving my hair heavier with a slight film on it. I don't use it the way I should, as in leaving it in and using a heat source, but I feel it works fine without it. I have been using it religiously for about a year now, it completely revitalized my hair after horrible (Dove) products did a number on it and it keeps my hair looking/feeling healthy.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have shoulder length transitioning hair and felt my hair was missing something. My hair felt heavy and dry however I wasn't sure on what to use. After searching I came across this product and for the price it was worth a try. I applied the product to dry hair covered with a conditioning cap and let it sit for about an hour. I've found what my hair needed my hair is soft shiny and bouncy. I will add this to my routine!!

Top Rated Queen Helene Products