Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water Aqua , Stearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Mineral Oil , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cholesterol , Lanolin , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Disodiium EDTA , FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI No. 19140 , FD&C Yellow No. 6 CI No. 15985 , FD&C Red No. 40 CI No. 16035 , D&C Red No. 33 CI No. 17200

on 3/16/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've used quite a few different deep conditioners and this has become HG status for me. This is a really great deep conditioning treatment for over-processed hair at a very affordable price(I paid $4.89 for a 15 oz tub). My hair is quite dry from coloring and past highlighting. I use this once every two weeks. I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, and then I slather this on my hair concentrating on my lengths and ends. I use a wide tooth comb to ensure even distribution, then I cover my head with a plastic processing cap and wrap a warm towel from the dryer to gently apply heat. I leave this on for about 40 minutes, at the midway point I wrap a freshly warmed towel around my head. Then I rinse it out with warm water. Once it's rinsed out I do a final rinse with cool water to seal the cuticle. My hair afterwards feels so smooth and soft. Great treatment at an incredibly affordable price. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My hair is naturally very dry and slightly wavy and extremely prone to damage- this product is a life saver. My hair has never felt better; it is less frizzy, smoother, more shiny, and so soft. I disregard the directions and use the cream before I shampoo and leave it on under a cap for about an hour. I also put heat on it a few times. Then I shampoo and condition as normal. The smell of this product doesn't bother me or seem very strong, but I do wish it's packaging was a bit nicer. For the low cost I don't really mind it!

on 11/2/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm Caucasian with lots of brown hair. I haven't colored or treated my hair in years, but I promise you nothing else will remove a crunchy nest of hairspray better than a big glob of this stuff. I've been using queen Helene for over a year and I love it. It's dirt cheap, lasts forever and I've gone for months without seeing a single split end. I don't even buy normal conditioner anymore, just moisturizing shampoo. I don't heat treat, just slick it on under a shower cap and sit for an hour and my hair is silky smooth and shiny.

on 10/29/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have virgin hair, meaning I haven't done any coloring or chemicals in over 7 years. My hair is pretty healthy so I'm told when I go get it cut so I'm not the best person to review it, but I am anyway :) I use this once a week during my shower, if I don't rinse out right it does end up leaving my hair heavier with a slight film on it. I don't use it the way I should, as in leaving it in and using a heat source, but I feel it works fine without it. I have been using it religiously for about a year now, it completely revitalized my hair after horrible (Dove) products did a number on it and it keeps my hair looking/feeling healthy.

on 9/22/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have shoulder length transitioning hair and felt my hair was missing something. My hair felt heavy and dry however I wasn't sure on what to use. After searching I came across this product and for the price it was worth a try. I applied the product to dry hair covered with a conditioning cap and let it sit for about an hour. I've found what my hair needed my hair is soft shiny and bouncy. I will add this to my routine!!

on 8/9/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm black, and I have very long thick coarse hair but with fine strands. My hair is half natural and half relaxed. This product does amazing stuff for my hair. The key to this product is using heat. What works for me is putting the conditioner in a glass or plastic bowl and adding a generous amount of organic coconut oil. After adding the coconut oil I place the bowl in a pot of hot water to melt the two products together. I leave the new mixture in the hot water for about 5 minutes. When I take the bowl out of the water I use a spoon to thoroughly mix everything together. The conditioner mixture should be warm not hot, so make sure you test it before you start applying it to your hair. Once I have made sure that its not too hot, I divide my hair in four sections and apply the mixture to my hair from the root to the tip. I make sure to avoid my scalp, as the conditioner is really thick and can be more difficult to wash out if you get too much in your scalp. After I'm satisfied with how much product I have put in my hair I place a disposable plastic cap on my head, and either sit under my hooded dryer or tie a hot towel around by head. I prefer sitting under the dryer but sometimes I feel too lazy. I will usually leave the conditioner on for the amount of time recommended on the packaging. After deep conditioning, I rinse it out in the shower under warm running water. I use this product as a deep conditioner before I shampoo, and then follow it up with my regular shampoo and conditioner. I consider Queen Helene's cholesterol a deep protein conditioner. It's not really a detangler, but what it does is coat your hair so that your hair doesn't dry out when you shampoo. In my opinion, its best to use cholesterol before you shampoo not after. Also mixing it with a natural oil like coconut oil, olive oil, or shea butter makes it even better. I think this product is amazing, and I think any hair texture would benefit from using it; especially if your hair has gone through any chemical altering that has dried it out. Also, I think depending on how fine or thin your hair is you should dilute it with either another conditoner or some type of oil to thin the product out. Finally, remember heat is the key to getting this product to work for you. Don't apply this product to your hair cold, don't rinse it out when it has cooled on your head, and make sure to rinse it out under warm running water.

on 7/30/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually use this product as a strengthening treatment for my naturally curly hair. It works very well at strengthening my hair and helping my hair to look and feel its best. It's smell isn't the best. But, it is something that i am able to tolerate. I do plan to continue to keep using this product, as long as Queen Helene keeps making it. As, it has become a staple in my regimen.

I must stress that this not a moisturizing conditioner, so please don't expect for it to leave your hair highly moisturized. As, it is meant to be used as a hair strengthener and nothing else.

on 5/20/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My hair dresser introduced me to this when I was bleaching my hair platinum blonde. She said it adds fat back to your hair. It's also super cheap compared to most hair treatments. Although I'm no longer bleaching my hair, I keep this on hand for whenever my hair needs a boost. Basically, I smother my hair with it and put on a shower cap. Sometimes I will heat the cap a bit with the hair dryer. I leave it on for about 20 minutes, but you can leave it on as long as you like, and then I shampoo well and condition as usual. It can leave your hair a little flat afterwards. Keep in mind I have medium fine hair. But that goes away after your next shampoo.

on 4/22/2014 8:27:00 PM

I tried this and I dont really like it. I have damaged, over processed hair that I used to dye a level 12 all the time. I stopped for about 6 months and I recently tried again and it really messed up my hair! I thought I would try this to help fix it. Parts of my hair has that weird gummy rubbery feeling to it (when its wet) which I know means it needs more protein. My hair is also fine but I have alot of it! Anyways, I used this exactly how the directions say to use it with heat and everything and I found that it didn't rinse out of my hair very well at. My hair feels greasy because it left this odd film over it and when I touch it I can feel it on my fingers. I even shampooed when I rinsed it out!

I put my hair in a ponytail today and im going to shower again tonight (I used this yesterday) and use a clarifying shampoo to hopefully get all the residue off my hair. I guess it just didn't work with my hair chemistry which sucks because I had high hopes for it!!

Pros:
-Cheap

Cons:
-left greasy residue in hair
-smell isnt horrible but not what I would prefer in a hair product
-tub packaging gets messy
-Just didn't do anything, was pointless

Ok, this stuff is amazing. I have dyed my hair every color known to mankind, bleached it, flat ironed it. .you name it. All this left my hair prettyy darn fried.

I've used a multitude of high end products and would even book weekly deep conditionings with my stylist at one point. This product saved my hair and left it soft and beautiful like no other.

The key is to use heat. After applying the conditioner, wrap your hair in plastic wrap and either use a blowdryer or a hooded dryer if you have access to one.

Do this 2x a week for at least 2 weeks and you should see some amazing improvements. Hey for less than $5 it's definitely worth a try ;)

-StilettoGlamourBarbie24 <3