April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by RXK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo in combination with the conitioner/cream rinse.

My hair: straight with a little waive at ends, thick and voluminous, somewhat frizzy, black colour, Indian hair, and oily scalp.

The shampoo: smells like men's cologne, thin, and lathers well (if you're into this -i don't really care about lather as long as my hair is getting clean) for a "green" shampoo when using more than needed.

Results: hair and oily scalp are very clean after using this "clarifying" shampoo, which i love since i can extend the time of beautiful hair between washings. but, in the shower, my hair does feel a little dry/stripped and it is noticeably a little tangly, so the conditioner seems like a must. so, don't know how my hair will be in the long run with this shampoo (it might be too stripping to use solely) especially if not using a conditioner which i like to do for long periods of time. however, i can say that in combination with the conditioner (which i've reviewed as well), for now, my hair is soft, looks full, is shinier (definitely due to the conditioner), and smells great until the next wash. Update: with this combo, i don't get the very itchy, oily, and flaky scalp i used to with other products. and, another bonus is that the scent really lasts in the hair (and, seems to transform into something "sweeter" smelling and more feminine with age), which is just lovely, unlike many other products i've used.

Bought this because: it's vegan, it's not tested on animals, it's "natural," and (mostly?) organic.

Botton Line: the shampoo/conditioner combo is actually the best combo i've ever used when looking at the many things i look for.

Price: ~14 + tax from Well.ca. Expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Galenka

This shampoo is amazing!!!I have oily roots/scalp and I have to wash my hair very often.I have tryed so many products without effect. thanks to the all good reviews that I read here I decided to purchase it and I am really surprised.It makes my hair so clean and soft.Definitely this is my favourite shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot get used to this shampoo.
I have fine long hair with oily roots and dry ends and seb. dermatitis now and then.
I am on the search for a good sulfate free shampoo that keeps my scalp in balance.
This is very hard to use in the shower. It is difficult to spread evenly over the scalp, I have the feeling that it stays in one place too much, it doesn't foam a lot (but that is no real problem, it becomes better when adding some extra water while I massage it in).
The problem is that because it doesn't spread easily you have too massage too much what makes the hair a tangly mess.

When out of the shower it is soo hard to detangle the top of my hair (for the bottom I use conditioner, so that is okay). I have the feeling that, because of the cleansing process and the detangling, my hair breaks too much and I am loosing too much hair.

Besides that my hair looks nice and shiny and my scalp is okay (doesn't heal my scalp, but doesn't make it worse either).
So very mixed feelings. I have used it for 3 weeks now and will maybe finish the bottle (or use it as a hand soap), but will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by pratimapeanut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! I lather rinse repeat and my oily scalp is clean for 3 days. Like other reviewers have mentioned I've noticed less hair loss and this shampoo has an odd texture and lather. I've also tried the Green Tea Cream Rinse but it was not moisturizing enough for my dry ends.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by fayefayeoink

i have to say that this shmpoo makes me feel soo disappointed!!
it dries me hair out right after i use.
no lather was formed...
and most importantly, it cause me to drop a lot of hairs!!!!
i am not sure whether i will still use it for the second time because i am so scared of hair falling:(
i notice less hair fall when i use shampoo under the brand kolrane.
it is not organic but it works better for me i guess.
i have no idea how to deal with organic shampoo and esp this one...saddddd+++

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by jf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the past 1.5 years I have been slowly recovering from a chronic telogen effluvium episode. I thank my lucky stars I found this website and was able to see that there are products like these out there that are heavenly and forgiving and repairing. My scalp and my hair respond PERFECTLY to this! With the SLS shampoos my scalp would get a mild irritation but switching to this has cured that and also the little scalp bumps here and there. My hair needs to be washed less and my hair fall as decreased somewhat. It has a different kind of sudsy lather. Hard to explain but all those switching over to non-sls will hopefully notice that you get really thick bubbly lather very quick. Make sure to shake the bottle before using! Will be buying this over and over. Cant wait to try this brands other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is the most clarifying, oil-eliminating shampoo I have ever used! I've used Aubrey Organics stuff in the past, so I wasn't surprised with the liquidy consistency of it (which I like, because that puts me at ease that it's natural and not full of junk) and when you pour it out into your hand, it literally looks exactly like olive oil - same texture and consistency and just about the same color. The smell isn't pleasant, but it's not awful.
This gets all of the oil off my scalp and leaves my hair feeling bouncy, clean, and light. Also, it leaves my hair feeling thicker (like, A LOT thicker) and NOTICEABLY stronger! I also have noticed the same as many other reviewers below -- I notice MUCH less hair loss! I wasn't losing hair to begin with, but since using this product and the green tea conditioner, I have noticed the amount of hair in the drain and on my brush cut in HALF.
It lathers well considering it's all natural and doesn't contain sulfates, and I am just amazed at the level of clean it provides. I have never felt my hair this squeaky-clean before. It can be drying, but as long as I condition well (even the green tea conditioner is really good after this, because it's very light but still packs a moisture punch) my hair feels soft and silky, and my curls are bouncy and not frizzy. Best clarifying shampoo EVER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

So far I'm pretty impressed. I suffer from an oily,oily scalp, but with super dry ends. My hair needs to be washed EVERYDAY no question. I alternate and use this one every 3 days. To be able to find an all natural shampoo that lathers well, really cleans, doesn't smell god awful, and leave it shiny, this is a winner I'll keep in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by evelynchauder

My hair gets so oily that I have to wash it daily. Another concern is hairloss which. Shampoos that controlled oil led to more hairloss and hairloss controlling shampoo didn't help the oil. I have been using this shampoo for about 2 weeks now and I am so pleased. It rinses super clean but doesn't dry out my hair. It is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.

After 24 hours, my scalp is still clean! I've gone a day and a half without washing and don't feel like the usual greasy mess. I'm hoping that regular use will eventually allow me to wash my hair every other day. 1 day and a half seems to be my limit right now. And the best part? I'm losing less hair!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I'm reviewing the Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo, which I'll shorten to GTCS.

I'll agree with Aubrey that this shampoo is "fast acting." It rinses the grease away in no time and is a good product to use when short on time b/c the rinsing part is unbelievably quick.

What I won't agree with is it "reduces drying time" as stated on the US-version bottle. My hair took a very long time to dry if no conditioner is used (the norm for me).

I really loved GTCS and used it consistently for about a year b/c it's hard to find a clarifying shampoo that lives up to its claim. My hair felt clean and looked on the dry side--exactly what I want! I don't like clarifying shampoos that make my hair look and feel unwashed.

But during that time I started to notice on my no-shampoo days that my scalp was persistently itchy. I thought that was normal due to the build-up of oil so I ended up using GTCS again to get rid of the grease, but the itchiness always came back. (Perhaps subconsciously I did suspect this shampoo as the culprit, but b/c I loved its cleansing power so much I could never bring myself to search for another clarifying shampoo.)

Finally I had a revelation as to what caused the itchiness when a new bottle of GTCS was opened. This particular bottle was stored away for several months and the shampoo inside looked and smelled different from the previous ones I'd bought. Although the colour was deep brown and the smell was pungent, I still used it b/c there was no other clarifying shampoo on hand plus I didn't know of any other reliable alternatives in drugstores or health food stores. Also I didn't think anything bad could happen.

After every usage my scalp was extremely itchy right away. A point was reached where I had to abandon this bottle of shampoo even though my scalp desperately needed a deep cleanse.

I've concluded that if a rancid bottle of GTCS could make my scalp itch on level 10, then it's very reasonable for me to believe it was the fresh bottles of GTCS that gave me the persistent level-5 itch.

Anyway, I've stopped using this shampoo for several months now. My scalp is not as itchy as it once was, but it does get itchy when my hair's not been washed (that was the norm for me before using GTCS).

Not surprisingly I don't recommend this product, but if you're still interested try buying a bottle that's as fresh as possible, preferably from iherb.com since their inventory turnover rate is very high. There's no expiration date stamped on Aubrey's bottles so you'll have no clue how fresh the shampoo is in-store.

Another tip is the colour of the shampoo: if it's caramel or light yellowish-brown, it's fresh. But since all Aubrey shampoos and conditioners have a safety-seal and the bottle's not see-through, this little tip won't matter if you're buying it in-store.

Ingredients: DEIONIZED WATER, COCONUT OIL-CORN OIL SOAP, ORGANIC GREEN TEA EXTRACT (ORGANIC GREEN TEA, ORGANIC NETTLE, NATURAL GRAIN ALCOHOL), ORGANIC ALOE VERA, CARRAGEENAN, ORGANIC LEMON PEEL OIL, ALMOND PROTEIN, ORGANIC BLUE CAMOMILE OIL, AUBREY'S PRESERVATIVE (CITRUS SEED EXTRACT, VITAMINS A, C, and E).

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No