Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 5/10/2015 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i happened upon this product when we built a greywater system to reuse our shower water. I found the name on a greywater compatible list and thought I'd give it a try. I have fine blonde hair that needs extra body and wasn't really expecting much from this. I haven't found a store that carries it yet so I bought some from an eBay site in several formulas. I was very pleasantly surprised that it made my hair feel very full, thck, and manageable! I think the key is it leaves no residue. I was not crazy about the scent of this (or any of the Aubrey products); sort of hemp-y but not terrible.. The consistency is very thin so it's easy to use it up quickly. This one builds up a lather, but I found some of the other Aubrey formulas don't. PROS: leaves my fine hair feeling very full and manageable! Greywater compatible CONS: Thin, runny formula, expensive (10-$15 per bottle); hard to find (still buying on eBay),
earthy scent BOTTOM LINE: Will continue to use during the months our greywater system is on.

on 4/8/2015 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for my daughter who has super-fine, limp hair and a very oily scalp (24 hours after washing it is oily again) that can occasionally smell. This was a disappointment. It didn't de-grease her scalp very well (I wash her hair at night and it looked oily the next morning), and it did nothing for the smell. The product itself was incredibly watery and didn't lather or spread over her scalp very well (so I used a lot of the shampoo with each use; not very cost-effective). It also left her hair feeling rough. I tried this on my hair as well (my scalp occasionally gets oily if I use a rich shampoo) and I found the results no better. I haven't bought this again.

To be honest, I bought this because it was the first clarifying shampoo I saw. A few days ago I tried the coconut oil mask where you coat your entire hair and scalp in coconut oil and let it stay for an hour or more. I tried washing all the oil out but some, being extremely stubborn, decided to stay and give my hair a very greasy and oily look for a few days no matter how much shampoo, or how hard I scrubbed.

So then I went to a store and found this. The price was pretty high and I wasn't too sure if I wanted to spend so much on a shampoo but nonetheless I bought it. It was all organic so that was a plus to me. Honestly the packaging was quite dull to me BUT it did however provide a lot of useful information on the back which I thought was great. It tells you about how to use it, what's best to follow it with, the benefits some of the ingredients grant, and all of the ingredients.

I think you have to shake it first to really allow everything to mix in together. It does lather quite well and the smell isn't my favourite but it is a little...musky? The color is a orange-brown sort of shade. It's definitely not coated in any chemicals to make it smell like flowers or sunshine. I find that the smell doesn't linger in your hair very much which I thought was good since I didn't really enjoy it too much. It did, however, clean up all the leftover oil WHICH I WAS SO GLAD ABOUT. My hair just felt so much cleaner after using it.

I made the mistake of using it daily so it made my hair feel quite...plasticy? or straw-like. BUT i will continue to use it maybe on a weekly or monthly bases to clean up all the dirt and oil.

on 4/27/2014 3:32:00 PM

A little info about my hair before I review this product: it's long (reaches about mid-lower back), fine, straight, un-dyed, and normal (with a slight lean towards oily during the warmer months and around my period.. especially my scalp)

My usual hair care routine: Shampoo & condition (focusing mostly on the lower 1/3 of my hair, especially the tips) every 2-3 days with a bit of Argan oil run through after (again, focusing mostly on the ends) with my hands and fingers. Almost always towel/air dried.

First it should be noted that this is a CLARIFYING shampoo and should not be used on a daily basis. I only use this (and the accompanying conditioner/creme rinse) every other week or so unless I've used a lot of product in my hair or feel that it's particularly dirty.

Or just really really want my hair to smell good. I am in complete love with the scent of this shampoo. It doesn't smell at all like green tea to me, but instead wild camomile and lavender. Very sharp and piney, earthy and herbal-y. If this wasn't a clarifying shampoo I'd use it every day just for the scent.

Both the shampoo and conditioner have a very thin, runny consistency which I was unprepared for when I first bought them.

I don't have any problem getting it to lather provided my hair is wet; however it's very thick and requires a bit of work to massage into my scalp and through the rest of my hair.

This is the only shampoo I've used in a long, long time that I HAVE to condition my scalp (at least a little) after using it otherwise my hair is waaay too tangled. BUT my hair is so clean afterwards and soft and feels cleaner for at least a day longer than normal.

on 3/15/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this shampoo in combination with the conitioner/cream rinse.

My hair: straight with a little waive at ends, thick and voluminous, somewhat frizzy, black colour, Indian hair, and oily scalp.

The shampoo: smells like men's cologne, thin, and lathers well (if you're into this -i don't really care about lather as long as my hair is getting clean) for a "green" shampoo when using more than needed.

Results: hair and oily scalp are very clean after using this "clarifying" shampoo, which i love since i can extend the time of beautiful hair between washings. but, in the shower, my hair does feel a little dry/stripped and it is noticeably a little tangly, so the conditioner seems like a must. so, don't know how my hair will be in the long run with this shampoo (it might be too stripping to use solely) especially if not using a conditioner which i like to do for long periods of time. however, i can say that in combination with the conditioner (which i've reviewed as well), for now, my hair is soft, looks full, is shinier (definitely due to the conditioner), and smells great until the next wash. Update: with this combo, i don't get the very itchy, oily, and flaky scalp i used to with other products. and, another bonus is that the scent really lasts in the hair (and, seems to transform into something "sweeter" smelling and more feminine with age), which is just lovely, unlike many other products i've used.

Bought this because: it's vegan, it's not tested on animals, it's "natural," and (mostly?) organic.

Botton Line: the shampoo/conditioner combo is actually the best combo i've ever used when looking at the many things i look for.

Price: ~14 + tax from Expensive!

on 3/6/2014 3:05:00 PM

This shampoo is amazing!!!I have oily roots/scalp and I have to wash my hair very often.I have tryed so many products without effect. thanks to the all good reviews that I read here I decided to purchase it and I am really surprised.It makes my hair so clean and soft.Definitely this is my favourite shampoo.

on 11/22/2013 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot get used to this shampoo.
I have fine long hair with oily roots and dry ends and seb. dermatitis now and then.
I am on the search for a good sulfate free shampoo that keeps my scalp in balance.
This is very hard to use in the shower. It is difficult to spread evenly over the scalp, I have the feeling that it stays in one place too much, it doesn't foam a lot (but that is no real problem, it becomes better when adding some extra water while I massage it in).
The problem is that because it doesn't spread easily you have too massage too much what makes the hair a tangly mess.

When out of the shower it is soo hard to detangle the top of my hair (for the bottom I use conditioner, so that is okay). I have the feeling that, because of the cleansing process and the detangling, my hair breaks too much and I am loosing too much hair.

Besides that my hair looks nice and shiny and my scalp is okay (doesn't heal my scalp, but doesn't make it worse either).
So very mixed feelings. I have used it for 3 weeks now and will maybe finish the bottle (or use it as a hand soap), but will not buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this shampoo! I lather rinse repeat and my oily scalp is clean for 3 days. Like other reviewers have mentioned I've noticed less hair loss and this shampoo has an odd texture and lather. I've also tried the Green Tea Cream Rinse but it was not moisturizing enough for my dry ends.

on 7/31/2012 11:42:00 AM

i have to say that this shmpoo makes me feel soo disappointed!!
it dries me hair out right after i use.
no lather was formed...
and most importantly, it cause me to drop a lot of hairs!!!!
i am not sure whether i will still use it for the second time because i am so scared of hair falling:(
i notice less hair fall when i use shampoo under the brand kolrane.
it is not organic but it works better for me i guess.
i have no idea how to deal with organic shampoo and esp this one...saddddd+++

on 2/6/2012 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For the past 1.5 years I have been slowly recovering from a chronic telogen effluvium episode. I thank my lucky stars I found this website and was able to see that there are products like these out there that are heavenly and forgiving and repairing. My scalp and my hair respond PERFECTLY to this! With the SLS shampoos my scalp would get a mild irritation but switching to this has cured that and also the little scalp bumps here and there. My hair needs to be washed less and my hair fall as decreased somewhat. It has a different kind of sudsy lather. Hard to explain but all those switching over to non-sls will hopefully notice that you get really thick bubbly lather very quick. Make sure to shake the bottle before using! Will be buying this over and over. Cant wait to try this brands other products.