Almay Almay Bright Eyes Color Cream Shadow in Lilac Lustre

4.3

on 4/14/2007 1:43:00 PM

This is one of my all-time favorite eye shadows. I have blonde hair, fair/cool skin, and hazel eyes, and the light, subtly shimmery purple color is very flattering. The cream goes on very smoothly and lasts all day without fading or creasing. It's good alone for daytime wear and looks great with grey or black eyeliner at night. As others have noted, you only need a tiny bit. Will definitely repurchase, I love it. See pics in my notepad.

on 3/6/2006 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The tiny tube lasts forever, as you need only a dab. Stays on better than any powder I've used on my eyes. Wonderful color!

on 10/17/2005 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'd buy this again, if I can find it! I absolutely love this, I saw it clearance@ Target, and I gave it a chance. I personally have never had much luck with eyeshadows (I think more than the shadows I just don't know how to apply), however this was beautiful on me, and easy to apply with my fingertip. I Always get complimented on having beautiful eyes, and this helps definitely. Only problem is a LITTLE goes a LONG way, so try not to overdo it. I've done that and I felt it looked dragqueenish then lol.

on 9/20/2005 6:00:00 PM

This is a great shadow, easy to apply just a tiny dab on your pinky is all you need, and as long as you don't give the tube a big ole squeeze, just a tiny dab comes out, and then there's no mess. It looks great alone, or as a base with another color over the top. I wore it to work today, and 9 hours later it's still not creased on me. I wanted to buy more shades of this, but I can't find it anywhere now, I'm wondering if its discontinued?

on 9/20/2005 7:16:00 AM

I love this color...a shimmery pale lilac that really brings out my green eyes. Creamy formula stays on and doesn't crease. I have been wearing this almost exclusively and will be reaching for it over my high-end eyeshadows. Awesome find!

on 8/17/2005 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I concur with all the other reviewers; the packaging wants to leak copious amounts of product each time you open the tube. Its very irritating. Still, these cream shadows have a good thick texture and do last for about 6 hours without creasing, which is always nice. Lilac Lustre is a lilacy purple with very little shimmer, so it is a bit underwhelming on lids and the grey tones to this lavender shade arent the most interesting. If this colour had an interesting sheen going for it like a blue or a pink, Id probably get a lot more use out of this shade. As it is, Id rather mix my Blue Heaven and Platinum Peony Wet n Wild Crme Shadows to create a shimmery lilac shade.

Lilac Lustre is a soft, pretty lilac color you can build up from easter pastelish to full-on bright lilac. I primarily reach for purple/lavender-toned shadows, so I am loving this as a base to help the colors stay true. Lasts even longer on my lids than my WnW cream shadows & more blendable too. I like to wear it alone sometimes as well for a fresh, springy look. I am taking off a lippie though because I really hate this tube packaging. Product always spills out once you open it or accidentally squeeze it just a little too hard. And it's harder to control the amount you squeeze out the tube, making you waste some product as well. Other than that, I think I've found another HG! :D

on 6/1/2005 9:20:00 AM

Great eyeshadow, really makes my eyes pop.... nice with a bronzer. Love the color

on 5/5/2005 10:39:00 AM

I've been using this for several months, liking it, but not really thinking about it. And then, last night my daughter (whose usual commentary on my appearance is more along the lines of 'wow, you have a lot of pores on your nose) said "That's really pretty eyeshadow" and I realized that I'd put it on more than 10 hours before! Just a wee dab lasts and lasts, without fading, creasing or sliding. An HG product, indeed!

on 3/30/2005 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When someone told me that this was like MAC Mauvism paint (a HG), I had to get it...but I was very disappointed. It isn't shimmery enough for me, and the color leaves something to be desired. It also isn't blendable enough for me. Oh well, I guess I'll stick with Mauvism! Should be called LiLAClustre...

Top Rated Almay Products