November 26, 2014 | 1816 users online

Loose Powders - Bourjois - Powder Libre

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by mrsmula01

I likee this product because it sets my foudation and concealer very well and doesnt makee my face look cakey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

After all the reviews i have read, i've come to the conclusion that there is a big difference between how products are sold in the US compared to Europe. I purchased my powder (which is called Poudre Libre Exquise, the old powder marketed under this name. Now they only sell, as loose powder, the Mineral enriched one) in 02 rose chic a while ago. The chick whose review i read, where she said she purchased hers five years ago, should throw it away...just a thought.
So back to our thing- i have the loose one in a case/jar, it doesn't come in a brush and it was quite expensive. one more difference between the US and Europe is that the so-called cheap drugstore products, such as L'Oreal, Bourjois, etc, that are of European origin are of superior quality here thus more expensive. The average price of a L'oreal mascara in Sweden is 165 swedish crowns, which means USD 23.64. there must be some explanation for this, so i figured the quality is different since i know L'oreal products are usually around USD 8-10 in stores like Wal Mart and Walgreens etc.
Anyway. I have this product, as i said, in number 02, it doesn't come in a brush, so i figured i could write a review for those who might have the same type of Bourjois loose powder.

Pros:
-i like the consistency, it has a high coverage potential and the actual color you see in the jar will not transplant itself on your face like that, it would take many layers to obtain that exact shade. It gives a nice coverage even without foundation, just with a little bit on cream/moisturizer underneath.
- it has a tremendous setting power. With the exception of a Swedish-made mineral setting powder (that costed me an arm and a leg) that worked wonders, this is the best face powder i have ever used. It sets my makeup like friggin concrete, nothing moves on my face so to speak, i use it everywhere on the oilier zones (not too much around the eyes since i'm afraid of wrinkles) and i also gently dab my eyebrows after using the crayon and shadow- guess what, perfection. I really like this, i can count on it for 9 a.m. till 5 or 6 p.m, the only thing i have to do is retouch my blush or lipstick, no shiny forehead or spotted chin.

Cons:

-it comes in a plastic container, no brush, no nothing, if you drop it, sneeze on it or something like that then you're pretty much screwed. Very uncomfortable to travel with, i have to carry my own powder brush and be very attentive when i open the jar (the lid has to be popped, pretty much like with the Nivea creme in a tin) so that i won't end up with powder all over my clothes.
- the scent is grannish, that's true, it has a protruding scent of roses which i wouldn't mind if i didn't know scented products tend to irritate the skin
-the coverage potential has a drawback- the heaviness. This powder feels like powder on your face, you can't see it but the coverage is very 'heavy' and doesn't let the skin breathe.

All in all. It does its job as a setting agent but i wouldn't repurchase since many other types of powder have appeared on the market ever since i bought mine. I am going to repurchase my Swedish setting powder after i finish this one (and Bourjois comes in a large container, grrr!!!)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by chewielo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've had this for 5 years and did not start using it until recently. that's because it took me a while to get the powder from one end of the tube to where thr brush is. it used to refuse to com eout and would take a while. i dont know if things like this expires, but i use it after i moisturize. it evens out my skin and eliminates oilyness. seems to last for a good 6 or 7 hours. wouldn't repurchase, just glad its not sitting around anymore

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2006 8:16:00 AM More reviews by HenriettenDK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the brush-packaging, although I don't think enough powder comes out, but it makes me bring it in my bag and actually use it during the day, which is something I'd normally never do. I think the smell is a bit granny-ish, as other reviewers have also pointed out, but it goes away after a while. The powder works well, is definitely not too cakey, and I really don't think my brush is too stiff - so I really like this product and would prefer it over any other loose powder in one of those regular "jars"....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Woolfie

Said I wouldn't repurchase, but maybe...

The powder seems quite nice (only worn it twice) - it has decent staying power, keeps everything matte w/o looking cakey.

The smell is really the worst thing about it - it's pretty overwhelming and grannyish.

The brush sheds little hairs and is pretty rough. I do like the idea of a powder in a brush just for touch-ups on the go, but this really needs some work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

This is one of the few Borgeois I did't appreciate.
I expected to be much more trasparent as a final fixing for foundation, but it's actually quite cakey. It's matte and thick. Worst of all is the packaging!
I loose lots of powdee waving the brush to make the powder come out of the box on the brush, then when I pass the brush on my face it seems that I take off my foundation! No re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by VanillaT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I am writing this review for the loose powder in the brush. The whole point here is the fantabulous packaging. I had first found this little gizmo when I was in Spain. Even though these days you won't catch me wearing very much makeup, I still fell in love with this. It is a nice, moisturizing powder which leaves a slight "glow" to the face (not a oily sweaty glow, but a healthy glow) and evens out the skintone. The color I use now is transparent apricot or something like that. When ever I am going somewhere I throw this baby in the purse to take along. This is so fool-proof that you don't even need a mirror to apply. My kind of makeup. I will warn you that this thing is not easy to find (Ulta carries it) but it is so worth the search.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Rujaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product.
The texture is like Chanel Loose Powder
but not the same price :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I had to put the powder into another box, as there was no way I could use the original packaging. Could not imagine how it is to be used. Love the fact that it does not oxidise on my face / cause additional oiliness. It also did not irritate my sensitive skin.The coverage is light - medium and it does not look too matte. Wished it had better coverage though. Love its scent too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2006 3:11:00 AM More reviews by product_ho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one that comes in the brush dispenser is dreadful. The powder itself is okay but the brush is of such poor quality that there are literally black hairs everywhere whenever I use it. Never again. The packaging on most of their products is pretty yet totally flimsy in the end. Wish they would work on it as they make some good products.