Orly Moonlit Madness

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love, love, love this color!

on me it's a lustrous, deep, cranberry-ruby red shade. it has the effect of making my fair skin look immaculate and flawless. i love it on my toes for a little something-something - and it lasts long.

i do love that orly bottles have a rubberized handle on the brush, and that the bottle is a generous size. the brush is a little too long and floppy (?) for me, but that's only because as a dancer i must keep my toenails trimmed back. the formula goes on thin, but rich in pigmentation, and dries smooth - but not all that shiny without a topcoat, for which i took a star off. on the toes, it lasts a fair amount of time, withstanding vigorous scuffing/rubbing when i need to do dragging motions for certain dances.

i cannot say how long it lasts on my fingers since i'm boring and only prefer pale pink on hands (i'm pretty boring with the toes too actually, usually i just wear reds or maybe in the summer wear a fuchsia or coral-y color), but i can say that it lasts well on toes.

overall, i would buy this again, if i ever run out of the huuuge bottle. thank god for polish thinner! continued >>

on 9/5/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is certainly in the running for best deep red nail polish out right now. The color is simply breathtaking. It'e extremely deep with a noticeable but subtle shimmer. It looks great on all skin tones. The consistency is perfect. It goes on so well, not streaky whatsoever. I go between this and #88 from Face Stockholm all the time when I want a nice red that's full of intensity.

on 11/19/2006 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

deep wine red shimmer. very pretty! got it as a birthday gift, but i like it. orly wears well. thumbs up.

on 10/1/2006 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG nail polish. It's the perfect color for my mocha complexion. It is extremely chip resistant, and the color is so beautiful. It's like having rubies on your fingertips LOL. It is a very strong color, but I'm sure it would be very complimentary to a variety of skin tones. Hmmmm, not my HG anymore, I've decided to go for a darker color. However, that has nothing to do with the polish itself, which is of excellent quality- VERY chip resistent.

on 9/30/2006 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this shade. I am deeply in love with all of Orly's nail polishes, but this one stands out in particular. It is a deep burgundy red with shimmer which shines like tinfoil, has great staying power, enormous bottle, comfortable grip handle and great end look. Thumbs up, Orly!

on 8/20/2006 3:18:00 AM

This is actually my first RED nailpolish. I was actually going to buy the OPI 'bogota blackberry'...but they were out (heard about this one from the reviews on here). For that reason, I ended up buying this just because the color caught my eye. I wear it on my toes & I can't stop looking at it! The shimmer and shade of burgundy-red is so pretty! :) The quality is excellent too! It's sooo shiny...as if I got it done at a nail salon. A winner in my book.

on 10/24/2004 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first bottle of Orly that I have ever tried, and I will repurchase. I must say that I like it better than OPI. There is an awesome color selection, the brush is good quality and larger than OPI's (OPI's brushes are just too puny for me) I love the gripper handle and the size of the bottle also. Moonlit Madness is a beautiful shade of burgundy. It is so shiny and perfect it looks like my nails were done professionally.

on 1/24/2004 8:31:00 AM

my favourite colour is la sashay. i find that orly nail polish had more staying power than opi. love it!

on 4/25/2003 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My HG red nailpolish! A deep, shimmery red. Absolutely perfect, and dirt cheap. Available at Sally's.

Popular Polishes