October 24, 2014 | 1779 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I love the matching face wash, this day cream leaves a lot to be desired. After application I still feel the need to apply a moisturizer, that defeats the purpose of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by tessipie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great moisturiser if you need something light but still hydrating. Would much prefer different packaging, like a pump or tube. Also it has fragrance, so might not be the best for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by leighiaj

My experiences with moisturisers prior to this product were fleeting and left much to be desired. After trying Body Shop's Vitamin E moisturiser (not the best choice for oily skin) I decided that my skin was too oily for moisturisers and that they were best left to my drier skinned friends.

However, a year ago I got a gift set of the seaweed products from my mother and I fell in love. I noticed that my skin was less oily, brighter, and I had less acne (though it is worth noting that this might have just been from adding a skincare routine in general).

I met my first problem with the moisturiser when I went to repurchase and it was a little too pricy for me, so I went and bought a drugstore moisturiser that just didn't do the job. I waited it out until the Body Shop's big sale and bought four at once at the lower price.

My second gripe about the product is that it's in a tub rather than a squeeze tube or pump. Though you do get more product out of it, it's a little less hygienic (I make it work for me by making sure that I'm either fresh out of the shower when I put it on or have just washed my hands).

TL;DR: My absolute HG moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've had success with the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash. So I thought I wld expand usage of this line. (tea tree range has been great too, but NOT the vit E range) Got a small sample tub, thank god. I'm acne-prone esp on cheeks, it scares me to put anything that cld trigger the dreaded cystic acne. First day of usage : the usual midday shine is non-existent. It leaves my face nicely matte & makeup stays put not streaky from my the blottings. Second day : enjoying the same nice effects. In short, thought I wld welcome a new member to my essentials line-up. End of second day : I found around 3 or more cystic acne forming on cheeks, nose, forehead. TRAGIC. I frantically try to remedy the situation with a torrent of my 'anti-acne brigade'. What was seemingly an oil-control measure, possibly just pushes back oil into my pores & it was a clogfest manifest. Other than the acne, some parts on my cheeks had the tiny clogged-up bumps. I didn't change anything in my make-up regime except for this, ie Culprit-Alert! Sorry this would be great if the acne reaction didn't happen. Byebye tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPomPom

I love this product especially in the summer which is usually all year round where i live but may not so much it cooler places! It suits my oily T-zone and my occasional dry cheeks. I would put this before my foundation and it absorbs very well, smells very soothing, and is very mattifying indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

'The Body Shop Seaweed Mattiffying Day Cream' would have been a perfect solution to shine and greasiness of oily skin people..It has non-oily gel based texture that feels smooth, absorbs quickly into the skin. Read this article to know why it does not fit in my skin care regimen : LíOreal The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream Review, Swatch
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG daily moisturizer! I love TBS products due to the fact that they are cruelty free and this is one of my favorite products they carry. I have used this daily for almost 3 years because it smells fresh, is silky when applied, dries smooth, lightly hydrates, does not break me out and is affordable. When I do have light acne flare ups I will mix this with a salicyclic acid base moisturizer to help clear my skin. I do not use this at night because I prefer a heavier moisturizer that will help combat wrinkles. The only negative about this product is the packaging as I prefer pump containers. Will definitely repurchase indefinitely as long as TBS keeps its stance on animal cruelty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried the Aloe and organic lines at The Body Shop before and wasn't impressed. At all. However, upon moving to central Texas, my Olay moisturizer has been too much. It feels heavy and greasy in the heat down here. Along with sweating more, I swear it feels like my face has upped it's (already high) oil production by about 975%. Disgusting!

I saw this at the PX one day and decided to give it a go. I figured it wasn't possible to be any greasier and had nothing to lose.

Well, I am mighty surprised! This day cream has a wonderfully light, jelly-like texture. It has almost a cooling sensation--I'm not sure if that's due to the ingredients or the refreshing texture. It absorbs quickly, and really does mattify. The mattifying properties last for quite a few hours--3-6, depending on how much I'm outside. It doesn't mattifying to extreme levels, just to "my face is normal" levels.

I also use this as a night cream. I didn't want something heavier even for night time--my face is that ooey gooey oily funk-nasty--and it's been great for nights, too. I may want/need something heavier for nights come wintertime, but for hot weather this has been great for me at night.

If your face is akin to an Iraqi oil field like mine is, then I recommend you give this a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Lename

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Only moisturizer I can use during summer that wonít break me out. Also doesnít leave me looking greasy at the end of the day, so I am in LOVE.
I have combo skin and my t-zone is a disaster year round but especially in July-Aug. Like you canít see my forehead anymore, itís that tragic. But this - in addition to taking zinc and using BHAs at night - has left me with crystal clear skin. So happy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect for normal to oily skin types especially in Summer where the weather becomes more humid.

I found it cleared up my acne during the time I was using this product as well as providing me a balance skin tone.

Tad pricey for what it does but if you're after a lightweight moisturizer that doesn't cause more oily spots, this will suffice.