July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Cream - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Idontknow10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is literally my holy grail product!! I was looking for a moisturizer for a while and I just stumbled upon this one at the drugstore. It was around 8 or 9 dollars and it lasts you forever!! I had it for half a year and im not even halfway done with it! Anyway it really sinks deep into your skin not leaving it feel tight or greasy. It makes it smooth and it just looks fresh after being moisturized! I love this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I am on my third tub of this cream. The pros:
1. Luxurious creamy consistency that is easily absorbed by my combination skin
2. Oil-free indeed; no break out of excessive sebum oil when I wear this through the evening
3. Skin wakes up looking plump and hydrated
4. Packaging - I like to see how much product I have so this clear tub is great
5. The scent - it reminds me of my mum

The cons:
None. After spending so many years playing around with moisturisers from different brands at different price points, I'm quite happy to say that this is my HG night-time moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by purplerose101

Spent years buyin and experimenting with various high end/low end all kinds of moisturizers, turns out this is what ill settle down with. I luv to put it on at nite it absorbs quick and leaves a nice scent (both nice in case getting up close with hubby) and skin feels good in the morning. No breakouts yet. Olay please dont change the product or the price. or ill have to start my hunt again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cheergirl7410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This cream went on pretty well absorption wise. However, after just a day I started breaking out in little bumps and had flakiness on my forehead and around my mouth. I like most of Olay's products just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sarajava

This is the best face moisturizer I have used. It is the perfect consistency, its on the thicker side but it sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave it greasy. Its probably best for normal or dry skin, makes my skin feel hydrated and plump all day but doesn't make it oily and has never caused irritation or break outs. I like that the scent is very light and fades quickly, the packaging is fine and its also a great price. This keeps my skin in perfect balance, so i'd definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

very good product been around for awhile .. my grandmother used it religously

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by afreking

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very dry skin and in Denver winters it just gets worse. I don't think I've ever liked a particular moisturizer enough to repurchase, let alone rave about but this is it - and it's SO inexpensive. Love the retro pink and rose smell and it noticeably improved my skin - I actually look forward to putting it on. I've also noticed my hands are softer from it too - because it's quite inexpensive ($5 for 2 ounces) I don't feel badly about slathering it on my neck too. LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a review for Olay Active Hydrating Cream Original Formula--the pink one in the jar/tub. I love this stuff....it is the only face cream that hydrates enough, but doesn't break me out or leave me in an oil slick come morning. I use this as my night cream, underneath my Epiduo. It works beautifully for my sensitive, acne prone skin, plus it is cheap and readily available. I use quite a bit of it, but because of the price point, I don't feel guilty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want to marry this cream. Seriously. Over the years I've used every fancy-schmancy anti-aging Olay product there is...gels, lotions, creams, gelcreams, creamgels, logels, jellos...only to discover one important fact. While all of them moisturize nicely, none of them will change a line, a spot, a wrinkle or discoloration on my 50+ face. So why am I paying $20 or so for a glorified moisturizer? Active Hydrating Cream is one of cheapest things on the Olay shelf at CVS. I fell in love immediately. I cannot wait to put this cream on at bedtime. It absorbs completely without leaving my face shiny or greasy. It moisturizes beautifully..as well as any cream that costs ten times as much. I wake up and my skin feels soft and plump and happy. As an aside, I love the old school pink color. And I love the scent even more. (I think that's why I slather it on...the scent is intoxicating to me. And yes, I know...fragrance is bad for skin yadda yadda yadda...but my skin - and nose - love it.) Yes...I want to marry this cream...and live happily actively hydrating ever after.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another classic from Olay. This one also comes in fluid version, which I like better. But it's a good cream to have around to seal in the moisture during winter time.