October 1, 2014 | 1739 users online

Pressed Powders - Sally Hansen - Skin Firming Line Pressed Powder with Retinol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by debralb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is an absolute godsend to me! I love it! I reply on it totally (and it seems to be discontinued here in the UK which is a nightmare!) I love this powder so much for several reasons. 1) I'm very pale and I use the 'No Colour' shade. This is perfect for me. It doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all, and it doesn't make me orange in any way (like many powders do.) 2) The coverage is fabulous. I have acne prone skin. I find it very difficult to cover my acne scaring with concealer and foundation alone ... so I add a generous dusting of this powder with a quality chunky brush, and like magic my skin suddenly looks so much better! It blends all my makeup together, gives a lovely silky smooth finish, and gives an extra layer of coverage. I absolutely love it. In fact I don't know what I will do without it when I run out. For anyone with acne prone skin I would definitely recommend using this powder over your foundation. It's the best powder I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2004 10:23:00 AM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update: This powder is much better than others I've tried. But I stick to what I said before, MOISTURIZE! But with freshly moisturized skin it sinks right in and looks great. Stays put the whole day too. The coverage is sheer and can be built up for a light to medium coverage. Great alone or with foundation and no breakouts! I'm looking at other foundations but I would repurchase.

This powder is pretty good. It's more like a powder foundation because it has medium to full coverage. It's very very silky gliding on. Be sure to get a color that matches your skin because this could definitely look chalky if its too light. Also, moisturize beforehand because this looked white and chalky on my dry & cracking nose. Otherwise, it's really a good powder for the price. It really gives a flawless complexion look. Although if you put too much it may look unnaturally powdery. Otherwise it's a wonderful product.

There's no funky smell and I love the cute packaging. The price is okay (a lil expensive IMO for a PP) but so far, I'd repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by grapefruit82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went out and bought this because of the good reviews it got here, and I have to say one thing: do not get this in the no-color color if you have dark(er) skin! When I first put it on in the car I didn't have a mirror and my boyfriend literally gasped cause he thought I looked so white. Then when I got to the restaurant, I looked in the mirror in the bathroom and I had this greenish cast about me. I swear, it could have been because the walls are light green and the light reflected off of the walls, but it was only my face that was tinted. I looked like a ghost. Ick.......so I went promptly back to walgreens and got the natural beige color, which looked a lot better on me. I have mixed feelings about this makeup. It's very heavy on your face, it's more like a foundation because it sets deep in and it's impossible to take off with just water (I've tried wiping and wiping!) But the coverage is good and it doesn't look bad on me. I would give it 3 1/2 lippies but that's impossible so I'm giving it 4 because it's good for the price I paid for it. Not sure if I will keep it though. I was looking for something a little more translucent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Pixie410

My newest discovery, is hands down, my ultimate HG. This stuff is awesome. I have huge pores that really jack up my complexion and overall appearance. Well, not any more. This stuff makes them practically disappear. I don't think my skin's looked this fresh with makeup on, since highschool. I got it in No Color, but as others have indicated, it has a wee bit of color but it's very light and blends perfectly to even out my complexion. If this product is discontinued, I dunno what I'll do. I'm so paranoid, I'm thinking of stockpiling it. The packaging is quite nifty, it reminds me of fancy Asian twincake compacts. The price is right, but I'd be willing to shell out big time for this wonderful pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ShayeGage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in the "no color" version. I like it. I used to have a shine problem a few hours after applying makeup. This stopped that. The non-color actually makes you paler, so be warned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2003 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Whammy

FINALLY, another age-fighting powder. I like Revlon and Maybelline, Clinique, but not HG's of pressed powder for over 40 skin. This is the SILKIEST powder I have ever used. Goes on SO smooth. full coverage. It is NOT translucent so occasional touch up best, maybe use brush instead of puff or. Goes on thick but absorbs into skin relatively quickly. I bought Creamy Natural and Nude which were okay but not best for my skin tones, No Color best. I HATE the container...it is vERY "thick" and big. It has 2 compartments, the mirror is with puff not powder so awkward. But worth the trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2003 10:12:00 AM More reviews by bonspez

I really like this powder. I usually use it over Covergirl Continuous wear makeup in buff beige. The powder is what they call "No Color", but it does have some color to it(fair, yellow toned). Since I started wearing this product I have actually had several people comment on my "great looking skin", or have said something like, "I love the way you do your makeup." It's silky smoooth, hides flaws, but doesn't cake.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2003 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Amethyst_5

I WASN'T SURE IF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FOUNDATION POWDER OR BLOTTING POWDER AS THE PACKAGING DID NOT SPECIFY, BUT WITH THE SHEERNESS THAT THIS POWDER LEAVES, I WOULD IMAGINE IT WOULD SERVE ITS PURPOSE MORE AS A GENERAL BLOTTING POWDER THAN FOUNDATION. THIS IS ONE OF SALLY'S NEW PRODUCTS FROM THE LINE THAT'S TOUTED TO BENEFIT SKIN WHILE COSMETICALLY IMPROVING IT. I CHOSE THE SHADE "NO COLOR," IF THAT MAKES SENSE, WHICH IS SH'S NAME FOR "TRANSLUCENT." THIS APPEARS RATHER LIGHT IN THE PACKAGING, AND APPLIED, IT DOES LEAVE A SLIGHT WHITISH CAST TO THE SKIN, BUT AGAIN, THE POWDER IS SO SHEER THAT THE WHITE DISSIPATES IN SECONDS. THE 'NO COLOR' EFFECT COMES INTO PLAY WHEN THE POWDER IS WORN FOR A FEW SECONDS, IT SEEMS TO BLEND IN WITH YOUR SKIN TONE. NOW NOT HAVING COMPARED IT TO THE OTHER SHADES IN THE LINE, I'M NOT SURE IF THIS OCCURS WITH THE MORE PIGMENTED POWDERS AS WELL. I'M PRETTY DARK, SO USING A VERY LIGHT POWDER THAT DOES NOT EVENTUALLY TURN INTO ONE'S SKINTONE WOULD BE EXTREMELY BAD. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THE NO COLOR DOES LIVE UP TO IT'S NAME. OTHER BENEFITS OF THIS POWDER ARE: OIL-FREE, CONTAINS RETINOL, FRAGRANCE-FREE, SHEER APPLICATION (DOESN'T CAKE), PACKAGING IS GREAT (APPLICATOR SEPARATE FROM POWDER ITSELF), AND THE PRICE IS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS THAN DEPT STORE & OTHER HIGH-END BRANDS. THE REASON FOR THE '4' RATING IS THE LACK OF SHADE CHOICES (THERE ARE 4 TOTAL INCL. THE NO COLOR OPTION), BUT I SUPPOSE S.H. COUNTED ON THE "NO COLOR" SHADE AS BEING A CATCH-ALL FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T FIND AN EXACT COLOR MATCH (LIKE MYSELF).