Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 7/17/2015 2:31:00 AM

Sometimes all you need is moisture. I cannot even begin to calculate the amount of money I've blown on skin care. All those miracle snake-oil claims... I can't even begin! I swear to god I pay Sephora's light bill at this point. Here's the thing: Wear sunscreen, exfoliate (either with acids or abrasion), *moisturize*, and wear hats and sunglasses. This cream is a no nonsense, effective, affordable cream that does as much for my skin as La Mer. Period.

on 7/7/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great value product for people like me with extremely dry skin. It gives some grey hydration. Highly recommend if you are a budget skincare aficionado.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This didn't work out for my skin at all, but I think this product is still worth it. If it didn't work out for your skin either, don't just throw this out! Hear me out... Put this in a squeeze tube/container. Use this as your hand cream. I wash my hands a lot, so my hands get dry to the point where my palms start to look a little scaley. Using this as a hand cream has changed my hands! It sinks in after a few minutes, but make sure not to use your computer immediately after. You'll be left with greasy keys. Other than that, though, I love this cream. I try to remember to put on this cream before bed so that my hands can feel hydrated in the morning. I'm terrified after all of the times I've heard "women show aging most in their hands" lol

I've been using the Pond's dry skin cream ever since college, to moisturize and to set powder since I prefer that to a tinted foundation (it's much easier to use a cream and then loose powder than to attempt to evenly apply a foundation if you are visually impaired, as I am). I've loved this product for ages, and it's always worked well for me. However, I discovered about two to three years ago that Pond's must have changed their formula. This cream used to be thinner and much more hydrating, a "vanishing cream" that sunk into one's skin quickly and wasn't greasy. Now, their revised formula is much thicker and doesn't vanish into your skin. The fragrance is still quite similar, but I find the new formula just isn't as good as the older stuff. I'd put some in a small jar to travel to a friend's wedding, and now I'm jealously hoarding it against the day I can't find anything. I've found the Bio-Hydrante formula to be as close as I can get to the old dry skin cream, but I don't like the fragrance of it nearly as much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was in need of a great moisturizer to use in the nighttime because I felt like my face needed that extra moisture. I have very oily skin, and even then my face felt dehydrated. I was using Cetaphil but I felt like it did not penetrate my skin, and I was afraid of using another moisturizer in fear that my skin will break out (I have oily, acne-prone skin). Then I found this classic cream. I have been using it for the past week and I am very content. This cream is very rich and can be a bit greasy so I recommend using it only in the nighttime. This cream penetrates my skin and leaves my skin supple. After I wake up in the morning, I find that my skin is not an oily mess but rather bright, moisturized and alive. I use it in conjunction with my retin-a and they work great together. This cream is inexpensive and gets the job done.

on 5/29/2015 7:13:00 AM

This made me break out so bad!!!

on 5/20/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the moisturizer I've always dreamed about! I was sad about Mad Men ending recently, so I went back and watched a few episodes. I saw the one about the Pond's campaign, and when I was at CVS a few weeks later, I picked up a jar of this stuff. It's...amazing. I think there's a reason it's been around so long. Nothing makes my skin more supple or glowing.

I suffer from extremely dry skin and this has been the only thing that DOES anything. And I've tried lots of expensive stuff (i.e. Chanel, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.) It's great for morning and night. I was also surprised that when I applied my Estee Lauder Double Wear this morning, it just blended in like a dream. Usually I have to be very handy with a beauty blender, and it would still come on patchy. Not with Pond's. I was able to walk around wearing foundation without feeling self-conscious. Hands down, this is the best yet.

EDIT 06/11/2015: Nooooooooooooo!! This made me break out so incredibly bad. Horrible cystic acne. The only other thing that's done this was Mac Studio Fix foundation. I'm so sad. :( I loved this moisturizer, because, again, it's the only moisturizer that helps with my dry flakes. I wish I could suffer through the breakouts, but I can't. Since I've stopped using it, they have went away. Major bummer.

on 5/17/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my HG moisturizers. It's a moisturizing cream that's very gentle on the skin. It's not as thick as some other creams for dry skin yet its just as moisturizing. The lightweight feel of this cream is very nice on the skin. I love how soft this makes my face as it is the last step in my skincare routine. This Ponds cream is one of the best moisturizers for sensitive, dry skin in my opinion. The one downside is the tub packaging for sanitary reasons but that can easily be solved with the use of a clean cream spatula.

on 5/12/2015 12:21:00 AM

I didn't like this at first because it smells like of old lady perfumey, and I thought it broke me out. However, I switched to using only at night (a light one in the morning) and using a smaller amount. My skin stopped breaking out so much after a while, so it may have just been an initial transition period. While I'll use it to the end (which will be a while--it's a big tub!), I won't repurchase. It leaves my skin a little oily looking no matter how little I use, and that makes me paranoid that it's still causing me to break out. I don't notice the scent anymore, but would prefer a different one (or none).

on 4/26/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is great. I bought it two days ago because of people mentioning it on here. I use Olay normally but it has a sunscreen and it's not as moisturizing as I expected. I also don't want to wear a sunscreen on my face at night. This is exactly like Nivea in the blue tins. It's super moisturizing, smells nice, and moisturizes really well. I like the price and will definitely repurchase.