August 30, 2014 | 915 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by LizPage09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had began using Cold Plasma Sub d and I noticed it have me extreme dry skin around base of the neck. It was like a circular patch of leather. I almost cried it was horrific looking and felt really disgusting. I tried expensive creams to try to soothe it and nothing. In desperation I tried this. Within 3 days the leathery patch was gone an skin was supple. This cream was a lifesaver and inexpensive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Since I've started using heavy duty acne fighting products (Tazorac and PanOxyl)for my hormonal acne its been as dry as the Sahara desert. I was using Nivea but I didn't feel like ordering the German made one that I love and Im on a seriously restricted budget right now. So I picked this up at wal-mart for like $5 for a large tub and now I cna honestly understand why so many women swear by this cream. Im using it twice a day. In the morning I apply it fairly lightly since it is summer but heavier at night like a night cream. I have some dry patches around my mouth and it cleared it up overnight. It's amazing for eyes. Every eye cream I try irritates my eyes but this keeps them well moisturized and happy. One thing that I was surprised it did do is help fade some of my hyperpigmentation and red marks from a bad hormonal breakout. It has not clogged my pores or made me breakout at all. If anything, Im now breaking out far less with my current routine plus this moisturizer. I may not ever go back to Nivea since this cream is budget friendly and easy to find. I even went and got a travel size to keep in my purse as its also amazing for hands, feet and dry spots.

Even though I breakout at 42 from my hormones, my once oily skin is not really oily anymore. I learn more toward the sensitive, combo to dry breakout prone category. I stay far away from silicones if possible because I found that they clog my pores more than anything else. Happy to say this cream is completely cone free which is why some acne prones can still use this. Mineral oil is not bad for you. I see most of the negative nellies on mineral oil tend to be of the younger generation that read too many poorly researched articles in Glamour/cosmo etc. Mineral oil is very safe and has been proven to be a superior oil when it comes to moisture retention in the skin. It is non comedegenic. Makeup will make you breakout and get clogs far more than any mineral oil ever will. Its been used well over 100 years in creams for a reason. It works and it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After running low on makeup wipes and micellar water (the results of which were less than stellar: I had to wipe my face clean at least twice to make sure there weren't light foundation stains still coming off on the cotton) -- I switched to a generic cold cream since 1) I had it around and 2) I was binging on retro/vintage beauty tips (too much Audrey Hepburn and Valley of the Dolls) and cold cream followed by soap and water was the go-to for many women back in the day. And would women with clear skin ever lead you astray?

Combining this in a makeup removing regime with witch hazel astringent (also a vintage hot commodity), as well as a retinol cream to fade old, hyperpigmented acne scars, my acne has been MUCHMUCHMUCH less and my complexion has been that much brighter. I was afraid that the mineral oil would break me out, or it being too rich of a cream. None of these worries came true, what a dream!

My regime as is follows: At the end of the day -- Generously apply cold cream to face, not eyes. Wipe with a cotton, or toilet paper, or whatever you'd like. Then apply a bit to eyes and rub off all the waterproof mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow... and wipe off. After a good wipe-down, I would squirt a little witch hazel toner into a cotton and pat it into my skin. Jump into the shower. I rub some liquid facial soap into a lather in my hands and wash my face (in the shower). After showering, I follow with hyaluronic serum and a retinol cream.
This altogether has been helping my pores, acne, overall brightness and clear complexion as well as texture.

Oh and, I know there are some cosmetics out there that say it's so gentle you can sleep in them... DON'T SLEEP IN THEM! Always take off the make up. That's my last tip. Good luck ladies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I began using Pond's Dry Skin Cream in my mid-forties, and wish I had discovered it years earlier.

When I apply it to my face and neck, it feels so emollient and creamy (never greasy), and after it works its magic on my skin, the appearance and feeling of my skin is supple and baby soft. I am now also using it on my décolleté. **Younger ladies, please start taking care of this area now. No matter how blessed a woman is with good genes, and has a jar of good moisturizer, the décolleté will always tell if she never used sunscreen and worshipped the tanning bed as a young woman.**

Another use for Pond's Dry Skin Cream is removing makeup. It does such a good job I don't feel a need to purchase Pond's Cold Cream. I gently rub this over my face, tissue off makeup, wash my face with a gentle foam cleanser, apply Roc@ Deep Wrinkle Night Cream on fine lines, and then apply Pond's liberally on my face. I wake up in the morning with soft, supple skin. When I moisturize in the morning time, I don't apply as much Pond's Dry Skin Cream. It seems my skin prefers a lighter touch in the morning. After waiting a couple of minutes, apply makeup, and it glides on effortlessly.

There is a slight perfume scent, which I find pleasant; however, if one doesn't care for a perfume scent, it will dissipate.

Packaging could be improved, imo. There isn't a safety seal at the top of the jar, so I always wonder if someone stuck their finger in the moisturizer to test the texture and scent. I will open the jar and check to see if there are indentions or fingerprints on the top. lol Aware that's not a guarantee no one has touched it, but it makes me feel a little better to purchase a jar with a smooth layer of cream.

Highly recommend this moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

It loses a point for unhygienic packaging, but as long as you're careful and use only clean fingers or a spoon, you shouldn't have a problem. This cream has never once made me break out.

It's super thick and moisturizing, exactly as promised. It doesn't feel too oily or sticky. The scent is a bit powdery, but I suppose I got used to it. This is a standard part of my skincare routine and it's not going anywhere soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just started using this, as my grandmother swore by it and she had great skin all her life. Its about $5 or $6 here at my local CVS (who, by the way, makes an imitation product that has the EXACT same ingredients, and also works well). I love the easy-to-use jar it comes in, but also don't, because it might not be the most hygienic way to ship it and then it sits in the store - what's to stop someone from sticking a finger in? Anyway. the reviews that say this product is super thick and heavy are correct- however, I have several dry patches of skin by my nose and eyebrows, and this stuff cleared them up in a snap. I've been putting it on at night before bed and those dry patchy areas are silky smooth when I wake up. I've also used it under foundation with great success. it has a pleasant, baby powder type smell that I like, though that may be because I'm associating it with my grandmother and have fond memories. On the whole, this is a low-priced, heavy duty face cream that will give you that deep moisturizing you may be looking for. I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Mabina1

Got this product after starting a new cleansing regimen and my face was in need of moisture. My forehead was very flaky and when I applied my makeup you could see the cracks in my skin, even when I exfoliated. I used this before I went to bed one night and literally the next day my face was even better than before!!! I suffer from chronic acne and this cream did not break me out at all. I use it at night to make sure my skin is nice and moist. I do not use during the day because It is very oily. I love this cream as a night moisturizing cream and my skin has no flaky problem areas anymore. The packaging does not bother me because i do make sure I wash my hands before I apply anything to my face. I will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product hoping it would be great for my face. My skin is dry and I need to apply lotion right after cleansing and the shower otherwise my face will feel tight in a few minutes. This didn't absorb nicely and my face felt a bit itchy sometimes. As other reviewers mentioned, it is not oil free which is not good for you. I have been using it as a foot cream when I do pedicures because it is thick. I'll use it up but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This is exactly what it says on the packaging..."caring classic." This is my moisturizer after getting out of the shower. When the harsh winter months come, this is what keeps my face from looking like snow flakes. There are many choices for moisturizers these days and many other brands, but I like this one the most. It just works!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by NeutralMortal18

Broke me out like crazy. Doesn't absorb. Contains mineral oil. Do not BUY!!