Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 5/20/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the moisturizer I've always dreamed about! I was sad about Mad Men ending recently, so I went back and watched a few episodes. I saw the one about the Pond's campaign, and when I was at CVS a few weeks later, I picked up a jar of this stuff. It's...amazing. I think there's a reason it's been around so long. Nothing makes my skin more supple or glowing.

I suffer from extremely dry skin and this has been the only thing that DOES anything. And I've tried lots of expensive stuff (i.e. Chanel, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.) It's great for morning and night. I was also surprised that when I applied my Estee Lauder Double Wear this morning, it just blended in like a dream. Usually I have to be very handy with a beauty blender, and it would still come on patchy. Not with Pond's. I was able to walk around wearing foundation without feeling self-conscious. Hands down, this is the best yet.

on 5/17/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my HG moisturizers. It's a moisturizing cream that's very gentle on the skin. It's not as thick as some other creams for dry skin yet its just as moisturizing. The lightweight feel of this cream is very nice on the skin. I love how soft this makes my face as it is the last step in my skincare routine. This Ponds cream is one of the best moisturizers for sensitive, dry skin in my opinion. The one downside is the tub packaging for sanitary reasons but that can easily be solved with the use of a clean cream spatula.

on 5/12/2015 12:21:00 AM

I didn't like this at first because it smells like of old lady perfumey, and I thought it broke me out. However, I switched to using only at night (a light one in the morning) and using a smaller amount. My skin stopped breaking out so much after a while, so it may have just been an initial transition period. While I'll use it to the end (which will be a while--it's a big tub!), I won't repurchase. It leaves my skin a little oily looking no matter how little I use, and that makes me paranoid that it's still causing me to break out. I don't notice the scent anymore, but would prefer a different one (or none).

on 4/26/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is great. I bought it two days ago because of people mentioning it on here. I use Olay normally but it has a sunscreen and it's not as moisturizing as I expected. I also don't want to wear a sunscreen on my face at night. This is exactly like Nivea in the blue tins. It's super moisturizing, smells nice, and moisturizes really well. I like the price and will definitely repurchase.

on 4/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Pros:
It smells like baby powder!
It's cheap for a sizable tub (like $8 at Target for 10.1 oz)

Cons:
It takes a lot of work to get it into my skin
I rarely get acne, but this makes me break out
It makes my skin feel more oily than moisturized

I want to love this product, but it just doesn't work well for me.

on 4/19/2015 11:02:00 PM

So I've been using olay moisturizers for as long as I could remember, and never has anything to rave about. But I used this and my skin has never been so moisturized! Yes I prefer bottles products versus jar ones but I'm so glad I switched to ponds. A little also goes a long way!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! This cream gives me L I F E. I swear by it and I recommend it to every female I come across. lol No, but really this cream has worked wonders for me. I have very oily prone to acne skin and I would have never thought a cream designed for "dry skin" would help me so much, it has cleared away all my acne AND my dark spots as well. I wasted a lot of money looking for creams that read in the front "for oily skin" . With this stuff a little goes a long way. I use it every morning after my shower and i feel that is enough to give me radiant skin all day long. It works perfect with my Estee LIuder double wear foundation. only thing con is i wished it came with a pump!

on 3/21/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Many people complain it's greasy. That is why yourself supposed to use it at night. It has mineral oil in it which I literally an oil. READ THE BACK PEOPLE. In the long run this stuff will help oily skin bc skin won't have to produce oil if it's already added. Once I rinse my face in the morning it's absolutely glowing and soft and supple. This doesn't cause breakouts.

on 3/10/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've only had this moisturizer for less than a day but it works really well! As someone with dry skin all year round, this product definitely does its job! I will definitely buy again! I personally don't mind the scent so it doesn't bother me. You don't need that much in order to moisturize your face (coming from me, that says a lot!) so it's definitely awesome.

on 3/6/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- not good enough for extremely dry skin / dry air (I live an an area where winters avg around 1-10F for reference). This only works for me in the spring and summer unfortunately.
- it does leave an oily sheen on the skin. It contains mineral oil so it might be best to use at night.
- consistency is thick and sometimes take a bit of extra work to smooth onto skin

Popular Moisturizers