Sonia Kashuk Enchance Eye Color MOONSTONE

1.3

on 6/25/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hah! I really wish I saw the reviews on this before I gave in to my impulses. I thought maybe I was just 'spoiled' by better quality creme eyeshadows, and that was why I was not very fond of this Sonia Kashuk creme eyeshadow in Moonstone. The silvery-taupe color looks very pretty in the tube, but it doesn't transfer onto the eyelids quite the same shade. For me, it was extremely sheer and slightly metallic on my eyelids, the very thing a woman with aging eyelids wants to avoid. Anything too metallic, frosty, or shiny on eyelids over 50 yrs. old makes your lids look like they have snake scales on them- NOT a pretty look at all! I will say that this did last about 6 hours on me without creasing, and I was impressed by that considering the consistency of the product. It felt slimy and very slippery upon initial application, but it does dry down to a 'tighter' powder consistency after a few minutes. Anyway, I knew I would never use this again because it wasn't for someone my age- IMO- so I passed it down to my teenaged daughter. She tried it once and said she felt like a freak wearing it all day because she did not like the color at all. I thought it looked nice on her; sheer, but nice! She said it reminded her too much of a lipgloss she used to have. Oh, well… in the garbage can it goes!

This was on clearance so I bough it, loving the color in compact. However, this doesn't blend well and it has very poor pigment. I bought some other colors too and I was less than pleased with this brand.

on 11/5/2003 11:44:00 AM

The color is plummy dark brown. It looks muddy on me. The pigment was among the worst I have tried. It was actually very similar to Body shop eye shadows. I would not buy these again.

on 4/3/2003 10:11:00 PM

I loved the color in the package, but that's where it should stay. The pigmentation is so/so. I couldn't get a good, even wash of it across the eyelid. The consistency was very light, but it didn't blend out well at all. I would not recommend this to anyone (but I did give it away to someone I didn't like!)