August 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Moisturizers - Dermalogica - Intensive Moisture Balance

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by corgin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A family member sent this to me as a gift three years ago. I've been through multiple tubes of it now, and when it comes to a basic moisturiser I'm happy to buy this every time. The only fault is that it has no SPF, which is easy to fix.

I have incredibly sensitive, dry skin that is very prone to clogged pores. Most creams are either too oily, make my skin feel like sandpaper, or give me a red rash. This has been the only one that absorbs quickly, feels amazing and doesn't turn me into a red faced turkey. If it doesn't work for you, it's probably because you don't have the right type of skin for it.

As for the price, I think that it's fair - you get what you pay for, after all. I'm happy to shell out a few extra dollars for a great product that I trust. If you want to give it a try before you invest, the assistants at the Dermalogica counters are usually more than happy to give you a few samples to try out. I've dabbled in a few other moisturisers, and have a few that I like to periodically use... but I always end up just going back to this in the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Miek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nothing special, even the basic Nivea cream is better than this. Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by emilyw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So over priced! yeah its okay but nothing special. The packaging is very misleading.

did not help my dry skin at all.

Total Wang.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant fault this moisturiser! It works on my dry skin, doesnt break it out, works well under makeup, absorbs easily and doesnt leave any oily residue. Works well with the multi active toner as you only need to use half the moisturiser when applying it to damp skin which is a bonus at this price tag. I always regret buying any other product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Kanexyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good product for one who's suffering from Rosacea and sensitive skin.

I have been looking for this kind of product for soooooo long.

Lately, anything I used will get me red rashes, irritated, itchiness, burn or whatever it is.

I'm suffering from Rosacea which make my skin super sensitive to 90% of skin care product on the market.

this product is a miracle for my skin, 100% no irritation.

but somehow it is not a heavy moisturiser so people who is looking for heavy moisturiser may need to find something else.

highly recommend !

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahcloud

Doesn't help my dry skin at all

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

Quite a good product to use during the winter months when your skin really dries out. I would not use in the summer as it is quite thick in consistency and would make me break out. There is no fragrance to it and it is good for sensitive skin which I have. The only draw back is it is quite pricey and you only get a very small tube of it. I have just repurchased it for the 2nd time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this both day and night. It does not have enough moisture for my skin, even over the EL Advanced Night Repair. My skin had multiple tiny wrinkles, plus any foundation slid off of my skin. Odd combination, I know. It might be a good product during the summer so will try it again in a few months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: No harsh scent (just a mild, natural scent.) Very moisturizing. LOTS of great ingredients to help with aging and healthy skin. Did not bother the sensitivity of my skin at all. Feels very nourishing going on.

CONS: This clogged my pores and even caused blackheads. I took it out of my schedule and put it back in to confirm. It happened again. (I've tried a LOT of moisturizers, even heavier ones, and very rarely have had this reaction.)

PURCHASING TIPS: Look around online. You can get this cheaper at places like SkinMedix and Beautybar.com

ALTERNATES: My new love is Derma e's Hyaluronic Acid line night cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, more oily than dry but not acne prone, though my pores easily clog (blackhead and whitehead city if I use thw wrong products!) Use this as my night cream. Perfect amount of moisture to replenish skin after exfoliation. Sinks in well and doesn't clog pores or cause break outs. Use with the AgeSmart system or Ultra Calming Cleanser, depending on the day. Leaves skin feeling plump and soft in the morning. Can't say enough!