September 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - Ultra Matte Day Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Finally! After 2 years of endless searching & money spending, I found an oil control moisturizer that actually works. I knew my issue with oil wasn't due to using the wrong primer, I have so many of them- & I found it hard to believe that none of them worked. I tried out oil control moisturizers by MAC, Neutrogena, Ponds, Garnier.... The list is long, & all of those left my skin feeling way to matte & dry, which just led to more oil production. Nothing ruins your day more then having makeup looking all gross & shiny after 2 hours. My last straw was trying milk of magnesia as a primer, it didn't work & I heard stories about it messing up the ph balance of your skin, so I gave up at that point. I browsed products on eBay under the search 'very oily skin' & this product came up after a few pages. I decided to take a chance, & I'm glad I did! I use this after cleansing (either with the Clarisonic, or Avon Glycolic pads) & use a very tiny amount. It smells good, immediately sinks in (without that dried out feeling) & feels great. I prime my skin with any primer (as of late, the elf primer & L'oreal miracle blur are my faves) & my makeup looks fresh all day, like I literally just applied it. I adore this, & it was a very reasonable price on eBay. I'm so pleased with this product, & I plan to research & try more products from Clarins in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisteriser. It feels light and fresh and is easily absorbed. I think it really helps with oil control and makes my skin glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizer for oily skin. Goes on very sheer and soaks right in. Leaves my skin matte, and hydrated. Great for daytime and under makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dpinkham002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this stuff. I switched from Clinique's difference gel, because even the slightest bit went greasy quick. I tend to have combo skin, with areas near my mouth and nose that stay dry. This totally gives just enough moisture without making my face greasy. I doubt there's any way for a moisturizer to mattify your face completely, but this will not contribute to oiliness. It's light, and 1 tiny squirt goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. Its really nice to wear on the face, doesn't clog pores, doesn't dry out, helps with zits, protects my face and keeps me matte to no end.
All I can do is rave. I love Clarins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I don't understand all the bad reviews?!? I LOVE this product! Although, I don't use it as a daily moisturizer. I use this product as a makeup base and it works phenomenally as such. It's the best makeup base I've ever used! I'm in my *very* early thirties and my skin is combination. It tends to be more oily, in the Summer and drier in the Winter, so I haven't been using it lately. I will be using it again in the next few months, when the weather warms up. I love using this product, when my skin is on the oily side. I always use it on the days that I'm going to wear makeup or even just a tinted moisturizer! I like this soooo much better then the silicone primers; they only gunk up my face, turn my makeup orange and help my make up slide off:( This doesn't have that effect on my makeup and it doesn't feel like I've got a thick layer on my skin, either! It seems to keep the skin from getting greasy and that is what helps the makeup stay on longer and stay true! If you don't like this as a daily moisturizer, give it another try--as a makeup base!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by PamCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a little disappointed with this. I actually thought the smell was okay, but it did not do much in the way of killing my blinding shine. It didn't make me greasy per se... more sticky. The more I experiment, the more I find that I prefer silicone-based mattifiers.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ilovebora

This was a total waste of my money. My face became even more oily when I started using it. I didn't like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to control my oily skin, because my face turned into an oil pool this summer necessitating MULTIPLE blotting and reapplication of powder throughout the day. The product does control the amount of oil - maybe because before this summer, I had T-zone dry to normal skin, not oily skin. After using it for about one month, I find it a tad drying - I've noticed flakes around my nose, but this might be because I'm using Clarins' normalizing gel rather than a night cream. This is the first time I've used Clarins, and I'm not very impressed with my first use. Will keep looking for great summer moisturizers.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by frodo123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i used the multi-matte skincare for 2 months and my skin was clear but later i experienced bad cystic acne and deep scars so i do not recommend this product for acne-prone skin.