October 31, 2014 | 1536 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Daily Exfoliating Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by roseb202

My skin background:

I have large pores, oily T-zone, sensitive skin.

PROS:

- Non-irritating, calming formula; even the chunks of almond don't cause redness

- Very natural and good-for-you ingredients. Love Jurlique for this.

- Pleasant rustic oat scent, nice texture

CONS:

- Even after I used this in a hot shower with open pores, and massaged it into my skin in circles, washed off, it did not manage to remove all the makeup on my skin -- I still saw it in the pores and on patches in my skin. Disappointing.

- Packaging is a bit cumbersome, I personally dislike toothpaste type dispensers where you have to unscrew the bottom and then squeeze out.

- Very expensive price-tag. I'd shell out the money again if it actually could remove the stuff on my face and really exfoliate more deeply, but unfortunately it doesn't. HOWEVER, given that it's all natural and non-irritating, it could STILL be effective after *first* using a make-up remover, and then following with this, but I was looking for more of a 1-step cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. Jurlique now changed its name to Daily Exfoliating Cream. Firstly I really love the smell of this products, very natural. This cream does not really exfoliate or deep cleanse my skin. But when my skin is inflame or becomes flakey after my acne heal, I use this cream and it really calms my skin. However it is too expensive for me. I will repurchase but only I feel the need.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nyr

Basic rule with this product: use only in the shower!
Seriously save yourself the mess of using this over a sink, but you're welcome to try it that way.

As far as problems go with 'too much product comes out at once'?
It's a metal tube so squeez gently & wait. A lot more comes out then you think, but slower then you're used too. I squeeze once gently & wait for the flow to stop.

Application is a breeze, considering this whole press & release motion is easy. If you're not familiar with it, watch youtube for it as it's hard to explain properly.
I take my 2 cm of product and spread it in my hands, apply to damp skin in the shower. Just spread it out on your face, as if you're applying a mask. Gently pat it all over and when you feel the density of the product is getting loose, start gentle circular motions like a regular scrub.
Some long strokes to end & you should FEEL the texture of your skin becoming smoother. Don't expect this 'scrub' to be like sandpaper, evening everything out in 1 try. It's gentle! So if you want a more gritty feel for your scrubbing routine, you should try another scrub..
End with some cold water & pat dry.

I finish with Herbal Recovery Gel all over, as this scrub is not drying at all. It's even a little moisturizing for me, with the honey in it i think.

The smell is special the first time, but as with all Jurlique products. You'll hate/love it, but i don't count this smell as offensive.

Very nice gentle scrub for people with a little extra cash & wanting to go more natural in skincare

Buy again? HG HELL YES!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by missweetp

This product has been renamed Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream. I don't use it daily. Instead, I use this product when my skin starts looking a little dull (anywhere from two or three times a week to once every week or two). I love this stuff because it seems to slough off the duller, blotchier top layer of my skin without irritating it or causing redness. After using this product my skin is smooth and almost poreless, and it feels noticeably softer to the touch. I'm not currently dealing with acne (since changing my diet - forgoing gluten, dairy and most processed foods in addition to meat), but some products will break me out and this does not.

The consistency of this stuff is...interesting. When washing your face with this product you will basically feel as if you have smeared your breakfast/oatmeal/granola all over your face. Some ingredients include oat bran, soaked almonds and tahini. Afterwards the sink will not look pretty. I find the scent (not sweet) interesting and sort of invigorating and refreshing. There is some sourness to it (the tahini?), but I don't find it unpleasant. I prefer the food-like scent of this product to the artificial scent of most cleansers. I love that this stuff doesn't contain many of the potentially harmful ingredients (like parabens) that most cosmetics do, and that Jurlique doesn't test on animals.

This stuff is pricey - $54 for 4.3 oz! - and I like the old, sort of apothecary-style design of the (perfectly funtional) packaging better. But I will continue to buy/use this product because it works better than any conventional face wash or form of exfoliant I've used, contains fewer questionable ingredients and leaves my skin smooth and renewed, not irritated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

This stuff is amazing! It was recommended to me as I am just now trying organic skin care and seeing great results. This is the only exfoliant I have used that is truly gentle enough to use every day and not at all drying on the skin and my skin is sooo clear and soft now all the time. This really is the best way to keep skin looking young and fresh as helps cell turnover in the skin and allows your great face creams to absorb properly and do their work. I also just add a bit of water and gently massage the face with it and try a but of the press and release at the end and this seems to work well. It is pricey especially since you use it everyday but defo worth it...top marks!
EDIT: As much as I love this, as you use it everyday, I get through this way too quickly for the price. It is 36 in the UK for the larger size which still only lasts me about a 6 weeks. Considering I also use Creme de la Mer and Stella face wash and toner, don't think there is a budget for this. I would rather use my Benefit Honey Snap out of it which last 6 months using it a few times a week and costs 20...sorry Jurlique.UPDATE: I do need this after all. One week not using this and I can see the breakouts in my chin coming back, so will now repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by CLDTRO

This scrub/exfoliant is an acquired taste.. no pun intended. The texture is very odd, almost like mushed up granola with oats, honey, almonds, and essential oils. You have to press and roll this "paste" onto your skin and make sure your skin is clean and damp. This mixture leaves a mess in your sink, but it does provoke a slight purging of all the nasty gunk in your pores, etc. I purchased a small tube (1.4) from TJ Maxx for a whopping $4.99! You can't even buy all the ingredients to make this stuff at home for that price! So, for the price I am actually loving it for now, however I hate the metal tube, too much stuff comes out!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mautan17

.I actually want to love this, BUT I CANNOT. I did try this product so many time but Nothing is getting better. You know that it has very pleasant smell but that's all. I give this product 3 out of 5 dut to scent of honey and other natural ingredient. No more try and no more chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a great product!! It really works to exfoliate and it leaves your skin feeling nice and soft. Would definitely buy this again and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Caitlin0380

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. It has an odd scent but it is okay. The wash works great for me and really softens my skin. The only thing I do not care for about this product is the packaging. It comes in a tube and when you squeeze it out too much product comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Anne52

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product changed my life!! Although it's very expensive, it works.
Before using Jurlique, I constantly had pimples and blackheads. Not just a few pimples, but big red angry pimples that everybody notices! I was in my mid 20s, had been to doctors and dermatologists, taken drugs, nothing worked. I read a review of Jurlique products and decided to try them. My skin literally cleared up within a few weeks! I have been using the products ever since. I use the Lemon/Lime AHC then the Face Wash Cream followed by the Rosewater Freshener. Great products! I receive compliments all the time about the condition of my skin!!!