October 24, 2014 | 983 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Gambleress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a loyal tarte amazionion clay user. With that being said I was waiting on my sephora order to come in and grabbed this. I am extremely oily, but this managed to stay on all day. Definitely impressed with the ease of use and staying power. Looks very natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kellyn2013

Wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has black hair.I bought the brunette 876 and it was still too light for my hair color and did not look natural whatsoever. And as everyone else said, the brush is not a good applicator, and you will need to purchase one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product, I found this at a dollar tree and loved it so much i went back and picked up 4 backups!, It is a nice light weight powder that is lightly-med pigmented. I actually am okay with the packaging but i need an upgrade the tweezers that came with this product was amazing and the brush was cheap but is usable! This is a must have in my collection now i would defiantly recommend :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Lunabelle09

One of the products I regret buying. Made my brows look 3x thicker and blacker, the packaging feels clumsy, the brush tip became stiff after wax dried out on it. Definitely not a product made for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

Not bad for the price I liked how it is very pigmented a lot goes along ways I just hated the brush it came with it was so stiff didn't apply the application well at all

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at Target and I am so happy that I did. This kit is amazing! The tweezers, the wax and the brush are all great and the powder is really pigmented (I sometimes even use it as eyeshadow or eyeliner!). I put the wax on my eyebrows first with my finger to shape them the way I want and then I fill in my brows with the powder. When I'm done I use my ELF brow gel to set my brows and keep them in plac

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This is going to be an interesting review because I use it a bit differently. So bear with me. Oh, and FYI I use the Brunette Color (876).
So... my sad *over-plucked* brows needed some tender loving color and I was already using the NYC brow/eyeliner pencil (Which I love!!!!). I'm full on drawing them outside where they exist and in order to blend with the actual sparse hairs, I have to shade it in really dark. The result is a tad "waxy" and when I hug people, my eyebrows sometimes transfer... So, my search for another method began.
Seeing this brow kit got me excited because 1. It's cheap and 2. it's a powder. My first attempt was a disaster. I had no idea how to use the wax. I tried putting the wax on and then the color. And then then both at the same time. It could be because I don't have enough brow for it to stick to? But even on the hairs I have (the wider part by the bridge of the nose), it would all just wipe off...
One morning, I had the pencil all drawn on and got bored so I picked up the little case and, ignoring the wax, powdered the color on top of the pencil. Voila! It was like magic. I had the coverage I wanted with a matte color! Seriously, I still do this and I don't see my routine changing anytime soon.
I also use the color as an eyeliner because in a hurry, it's already open. I also found it's a soft enough color to apply on my bottom lids to open my eyes up. If I want a darker color, I'll apply the wax to the lash line and then the color on top.

Summary/Tips:
1. Throw the brush out. It's worthless.
2. Do not leave this anywhere it's going to be hot. The wax melts and gets messy.
3. Makeup can be used for purposes beyond what it's made for :) So have fun, experiment. It's all by trial and error.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After my HG brow powder (Sally Girl Brow Powder) got discontinued, I decided to give the NYC brow powder a try. I use the Brunette shade and I have to say that I really do like it. Sometimes brow powders tend to not mirror realistic shades of brown, but this one actually does. It looks quite natural. Although, I started off using the brow powder alone, I've started to use wax provided within the container for a more flawless look. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. After the powder is halfway used, the powder tends to crumble up and get into the wax. I'm actually on my second container so this will be my go-to brow powder until or if something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was browsing around my local Big Lots the other day when I happened to come across this little gem. Oddly enough, I had never used a brow wax before, so when I saw this I thought: hmm, for $1.50, I'll give it a try. So I came home and busted out my Milani Brow Fix (my HG brow kit) and as soon as I swiped the brow wax from the NYC Browser kit over my eyebrow and began filling it in with the Milani powder... WOW! Huge difference! I can't believe I've lived without this stuff for my entire 23 years of living! The wax not only keeps all your hairs in a nice, neat fashion, but it also makes the color from my Milani kit go on better, smoother, and it even helps enrich the pigmentation. I feel like it's a primer for my brows. After I have them filled in to my liking, I go over them with one more coat of wax to "seal" them. It makes them last aaaall day.

I mainly like this product for the wax, because the color (I got it in blonde) isn't dark enough for my brows. I'm a natural blonde, but my brows are a dark, ashy blonde - nearly a light brown. However, after I fill my brows in with the darker color in my Milani kit, I will go over them with the powder from the Browser kit to kind of blend them out. It makes them look more natural and softer.

I'm in love with this stuff. Will definitely buy another as a backup. Idk what I would do if I ran out of that wax!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in blonde and I really love the color of the powder. I have used so many dif eyeshadows trying to find a good match. I have natural med brown hair but my brows are lighter then my hair which is fine because I bleach top part of my hair platinum, so when Iuse the wax it makes the color to dark and odd looking on me. I think the little drawer packaging is a cute idea. Brush isnt for me, I feel i dont have enough control over where i place the powder because its kind of thick...But i really love this powder for contouring my face, ive been on the search for the perfect matte contouring bronzer, im pretty much the same color all year round because I dont dare tan and use spray tan, yes its way to small to use for that purpose but I am on the search to find a dupe for this color in bigger size!