September 30, 2014 | 2086 users online

Polishes - Lancome - Nail Polish (Vernis Absolu)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to run a Lancome counter and I'm also a huge nail polish junkie so you can imagine my pure excitement when these came in for the first time. But I was hiiiighly disappointed. The girls I worked with would paint their nails when we didn't have any customers and just...no. For nail polish that's $15+, you'd think that this stuff would be amazing but it's not. It takes four our five coats to become opaque (I don't use nail polish that takes more than three coats, max) and literally chips an hour after it dries. The packaging isn't special and if you dropped it on the ground in the right way, the flimsy plastic top would smash no problem. Seriously, just go buy a bottle of OPI or China Glaze. It's 5-10 dollars cheaper and you'll be getting nail polish that's a hell of a lot better quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two colors, each costed me 15 dollars. I had high hopes for them. They chipped right after I put them on. I'd give them 0 start if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got a shade in a deep coral, " rouge in love", I think. The colour is intense and beautiful, the shine, like no other vernis a ongles...even without top coat, it shines like a gel. Points off for the brush, which is too big and distributes too much product, and for the outrageous price. It's quite thick, which I like, but I see why others here have been thinning it. Ah, points off for the drying, too. Aaaaaaages.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by latimer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Indigo Paris for the first time this week--my first blue polish, btw. I was drawn to it b/c I am fond of royal blue. This is a dark royal blue and shimmery. I love it. It costs $18 (expensive but not highest) and is a LE product.

I have a brush issue, but that exists with all my polishes (Mavala is an exception), so I did not remove a lippie for that. Also it was thick and I had to thin the product. This is not unique to Lancome polishes as most I buy are too thick for ease of application, imo. I use SuperNail thinner. If you are a fan of blues, try this shade. I use Mavala ridge filler as a first coat. This protects the nail from staining as well as smoothing the ridges. After two coats I use Mavadry--something similar may work as well. This is a delightful color and has just the right amount of iridescence.

This LE line includes two other shades of polish: Golden Audacity (yellow/gold) and Rouge Liberty (bright red). There are also three LE quad e/s in the line. I would like to try the blue/natural shades but they appear to be mislabeled on the website. I think it will be obvious to a viewer.

Keep in mind if you use nail polish thinner, act quickly, use plenty of ventilation, seal everything tightly after, rinse any tools well, and wash your hands! Those fumes are potent and possibly risky to inhale.

Edit 1: Since this is my first review, perhaps someone can explain how to get the color discussed in the subject line. It was rejected when I attempted to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Silis31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in minisizes - Silky Sand and Platinum. I love the colours, they both look great and classy, and the polish applies smoothly. The problem is that they fade away on tips the second day at the latest, and they keep chipping further on. So, considering the price, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by dewdropsjd

I love the solid/creme colors. They stay well. However, the sheer/metalic ones are another sort as they chip or fade at the tips very easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jaminkel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have two of these. The first time I used the polish it chipped almost as soon as it dryed, but I figured I would try again, and made sure my nails were clean and dry before application. Yay! it worked! No chipping and I just love the nice smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Redwinelipstick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Could I ever find a good nail polish? I thought the little juicy vernis's were so cute I bought a small bulk of them.I like the way they look and they look cute on my beauty dresser.When it came down to using it I cant count the coats it took to make the color visable and after 20 minutes of drying the color's clumped up and came off grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
I had to wipe my nails clean and did a french manicure with clear nail polish.I gave it 2 lippy's because the GWP vernis glittery nail polish is a Good choice and when buying this recomended the only choice Go's on good alone or as a TopCoat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a Lancome addict. So when I recieved this as a gift I was very excited. I have this in Alloy. I think the color is very fun and I have recieved lots of compliments on the color. I thought the quality was ok, but not special. I think the claims that it doesn't chip in five days are exaggerated because this chipped almost immediatley after it dried. I work in an office, and I was able to only get three days use out of it before the tips started to show because of the extensive typing I do during the day. For about $14 (US) per bottle this had better be amazing, like OPI. I don't think this even lives up to Rimmel which is less than $3 (US), or W'n'W which is less than $2 (US).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2004 8:28:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite nailpolish in the whole wide world. The color compliments your skin and hands. I have it in platinum, but I'd love to try the others. It's not to thick nor thin, and the color is just amazing.