April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow Zing in Light

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by blondebunne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Price is right for as long as this product has lasted me! Only thing- I wish it was actually lighter! Especially in the summer when my hair is platinum.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LolaKandler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product!! The wax is perfect for shaping eyebrows, and the powder is so much easier to use than eyebrow pencils. The only thing I don't like about this product is the brushes provided. I use an angled brush from Topshop, as I've found they've bigger, and go better with the product. Yes it is expensive, but for the quality I don't think it's pricey at all. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by amandaprefect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was tested on me at a Benefit counter, and I purchased not long after. I have very sparse brows as the result of both diabetes and over-zealous plucking, and what there is of them is on the light side. This product really makes a difference - I can use the sculpting wax just outside of my natural brow line and then fill in with the powder (not too much, or it's overkill!). The light shade is perfect for my brows, and I love the convenience of the mini-brushes and tweezers (although I realise other people might want to use their own tools). A bit pricey, but should last well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have blonde hair and brown brows. Because of a thyroid condition, both ends of my eyebrows are gone. I use Latisse to get some meager growth in those spots, but I really need a good brow product to fill in all the holes and make my brows look normal. It can be hard to find the right color, not too dark, not too warm, not too orange. For years, I have use Maybelline's Ultra Brow in Light Brown but I learned recently that it's been discontinued and I had been thinking it was time to look for something new anyway, since it's always been a tad warmer than I would want in a perfect world, does nothing to make my brows appear fuller, and doesn't have a way to tame the wonky-angled brows that seem to grow in the bald patches. There are several things I like about this product. I love the color of both products, they really are a perfect match for my situation -- naturally dark brows but blonde hair on my head. This has great lasting power and I don't have to worry about it wearing off throughout the day. I also really love the texture of the waxy product, it's perfect for taming the crazies. The brushes and the tweezers are pretty much throwaway elements for me -- I prefer a long-handled brow brush (Sonia Kashuk) and my amazing tweezers from Italy. Packaging is sleek and feels sturdy. Great product and will definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I've had it for 3ish yrs and haven't used it up yet altho the compact broke and I lost the tweezers but the teeny brush is awesome and the wax and powder work a charm. I would repurchase except I've bought e

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So here my breakdown in simplest terms, for your convenience.

Pros:
- The shade is perfect for my blonde eyebrows. On any given day, I like to just layer the powder on top of a brow pencil for extra definition, but when I am going out and want a fuller, more defined look I like to use the wax (which is heavily pigmented).
- The brow powder is matte, so it looks very natural (I only point this out because many brow powders tend to have a shimmery quality to them).
- The formula wears well and lasts all day.
- The product itself has lasted me well over 9 months so far, and I've hardly put a dent into it.
- Ideal packaging.

Cons:
- Lets all just say it together: the price ($26.00 CAD).
- The brushes that come with Brow-Zing are hardly effective, I find. I use 2 of my own different angle brushes to apply both the wax and the powder, as they are easier to handle.

All in all, I found Brow-Zing to be a good investment for my make-up bag. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by GlamourMom3

This is a fantastic brow product. I use it daily. The brushes it comes with get the job done. I like that they are small enough that I can be precise with the application. It lasts literally for years. I love it so much I own two. I keep one in my travel makeup case so it is ready to go with me at a moments notice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by raco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Staple in my routine. I usually just dip the angled brush in each side then apply it to my brows. Kind of wish they offered a cooler shade of brown (I have very cool ash blonde hair) but yet this still works for me. Love it love it recommend it 100% and I'm pretty sure it's going to last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bklynbelle

I'm giving this a good rating because it happens to be a really good quality product. However...After being without this for some time, I decided to travel to Sephora to purchase. I think they must have reformulated this product, because the color was definitely not the same. I always would purchase this in Dark and it was perfect for my deep-brown almost black hair. The Dark that they are selling now is no way near the same depth of color as one's I have purchased before. It's more of a chocolate/mousey brown. I returned it.
Like I said, this is a really well-made product but the colors just aren't the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I want to love BeneFit products, but I just... can't. I've tried a few of their products and while I love things like the concept and scent, the packaging is a bit too kitschy for me, and they just don't live up to expectations - unfortunately Brow Zing is one of these.

Packaging for this item is decent, I like the wee compartment for the brush and the little mirror inside, but it's not as slick or ergonomic as it could be...

Even though I have medium brown hair, the medium shade looked far too dark (and I think it would have been) for me, so I bought the Light shade instead. It wasn't too dark or too light, but it did have a bit of a reddish hue - very irritating as my brows aren't reddish in the slightest. The powder isn't super pigmented, and I found it quite difficult to get the right amount: I didn't use enough, or suddenly I had used too much. The wax was a nice consistency and held my brows nicely, but I don't typically wear or like to wear wax in my brows as they naturally hold quite well.

I wouldn't repurchase as I didn't think it had good value for money, packaging was meh, and it really was difficult to work with - not to mention the irritating reddish hue. So sad - I really wanted to love it!

I think I will have better luck with a pencil, and I've purchased a MAC brow pencil in "Lingering", so I'll see if I get on better with that...