October 23, 2014 | 918 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Carrot Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

This a lovely cream for very dry skin. My skin has changed recently and become more combination so I no longer use this as it is slightly greasy. It's because discontinued which is a such a pity because its so cheap and effective. If you have very dry skin or dry patches this is excellent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This should be called Rose Cream, not Carrot Cream. I can't detect any carrot scent, however it does have a very strong rose scent. Personally, I like a subtle rose smell but this is waaay too much. Doesn't help that my boyfriend absolutely hates it either!
As for the cream itself. I bought it half price for 2 on sale last winter, when the skin on my cheeks was getting very dry and sensitive. I though this would be soothing. Nope. It just sat on my skin and made me feel like an oil slick, so that I had to take it off after half an hour because I couldn't stand the feel of it. The smell also doesn't go away and just lingers and lingers...
Maybe this would be good for VERY dehydrated skin, as it is quite thick (but you only need a little bit), but I'm not sure since I think it doesn't absorb properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jojonono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Delicious cream, and I like the scent! It's really thick, and I love to apply it after a swim or workout, when the skin needs moisturize. It doesn't work wonders, but it feels nice. And it's cheap - I would buy it again someday. (I won't use it everyday as a daycream though, but it's nice to have on the shelf - just because i like the carrot feeling)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cream. The smell is really inoffensive; It smells like roses, with a hidden tinge of carrot. It doesn't irritate me whatsoever and it disappears once on your skin. It's normally 4.00 for 50 ml, but when it goes on sale, it's usually half price, at 2.00. It's also a very thick cream, so I don't recommend this for oily skin. Surprisingly, a little goes a long way, so you won't use this up quickly. It's not terribly fast at absorbing, but I attribute that to it being a thicker type of cream, and not some dinky light moisturizer that disappears into skin as fast as it'll leave you dry again.

I apply this onto my face when it's damp with water to help absorption (never apply any moisturizer on skin that is only dry). I leave it to absorb for a few minutes. No residue is left. No greasy feeling on your face. My skin feels so soft and supple after using this. My dry skin is tough to please, yet this cream certainly satisfies it.

I'm always going to stock up on this, no doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by emigyaru

I really like this cream, and I'm quite fond of the scent as well. It really moisturizes with one application and a little goes a long way. But it doesn't absorb as fast as I wish it did and just sorta hangs out on top of my skin. I like to use this under my foundation because it really does help with minimizing the dry spots. I just wish this wasn't discontinued because I would've definitely repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Nirat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great product for the price. I have combination/dry skin and this works quite well on the majority of my face. I get super dry and flaky around my nose and chin so I spot treat that with something else. It pretty much does what it says: hydrates the skin without being greasy. I think this is viable for most skin types, just not the extreme ones (super oily, super dry). Definitely worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

---I have dry sensitive skin and get occasional breakouts - literally once every fortnight max. But when I do get a breakout, boy am I terrified of putting this cream on those areas! It's pretty heavy so when I occasionly get a bit oily/breakout I do not use this.

---Tbh, this is just a bit of a top up cream for me and I use it sparingly just on dry patches. It's too heavy to use straight onto my skin. Even though it calms the dryness it doesn't completely soak in and I get left with a residue that makes me look a teeny bit shiny. For the price I don't expect much more than that though. It's great for my elbows which is a plus but yeah, I kinda knew 4 wasn't going to get me my dream cream but it's good enough for the price.

---I don't bother with the smell - it's totally personal preference, even I like it one day and hate it the next!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this along with some other ressurrected favorites at one of their sales. First off, Body Shop always gets more leeway with me because they truly practice what they preach- sustainable farming and not just cruelty free final products but ingredients as well. I find it odd some people don't like the smell of carrots but purchase a carrot cream. Does. Not. Compute. I love to use this on my feet after soaking in a bath. My feet are moisturizer but I am not sliding all over the place. Hollah to the Body Shop!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Honey87

I love the scent of this cream! It's beautiful smelling, I don't know why some don't like it but I guess we are all different as humans :). This cream moisturises really well, without being greasy. I am so glad body shop brought it back and definately recommend it xx

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

Love this cream! I use it on my face and it moisturizes completely with just one application. It does not leave my skin shiny or oily and is a great base for makeup. (I use mineral makeup on top.) I use it as a day and night cream. The smell is different but I didn't find it repulsive. I kind of like the smell actually, you don't really notice it once its on anyway.